“Central Location - Ideal For Exploring”
Review of Quirinale Hotel

Quirinale Hotel
Ranked #229 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm quite surprised by some of the ratings and comments seen for Hotel Quirinale. I have just returned from a 3 night stay there, and have to say that I was very pleased with the hotel, the service and the staff there.

Our flight arrived 4 hours before check-in started, but the hotel had a place to store our luggage whilst we went out to explore and grab some lunch. When we returned for check-in our room was ready and we found it to be exactly as described on Expedia (who I booked through). Our room was on the second floor and whilst it was a bit of a walk from the elevators, we did come across an old fashioned bird cage elevator that was located much closer. The view from the room wasn't exciting and simply overlooked a flat roof, but I had asked for a room away from the main street (which we got). The room was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was small but had what you needed. The sink basin did leak a little onto the floor, but nothing too drastic.

Breakfast was great. Most hotels I stay in do not include breakfast in the price, so I wasn't expecting much - I was wrong. There was cereal, fruit, breads, pastries, cakes/tarts/crepes, hot and cold meats plus coffee machines and cold drinks machines. It was quite a spread so you could definitely fill up on a good breakfast to get you through the day.

The hotel is incredibly central which made it easy to reach all of the main sights I wanted to visit - Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Colosseum and Roman Forum and so on. There is a Metro station near the hotel (really cheap EUR1.50 for a single that is validated for 100 mins), and bus stops so very convenient if you want to take public transport. We booked a 48 hour ticket for the 'Hop On Hop Off' Open Top Buses, and used that as a way to see the sights and get around the city. The Termini Station is about a 10-15 minute walk away, so that was convenient when my trip finished as we caught the Leonardo Express Shuttle back to the airport.

The staff at the hotel were really helpful too. We wanted to visit Ostia Antica, and the man we spoke to at the front desk was thrilled that we were going. He said it was one of his favourite places, and was really enthusiastic in telling us about it and he gave us really detailed directions on how to get there on the Metro and Rome-Lido.

My only quibble about the hotel was housekeeping. On the first night there, my mum made a hot drink in the room. When we returned to the room the next day, the tea had been replaced but the dirty cup was still there and it was still there when we checked out. We also had to request towels as they didn't replace what they took away, and a few other bathroom amenities that weren't replaced. However, a quick call to front desk and everything we needed was delivered quickly. The hotel staff were very responsive.

On our last day there, my mum and I decided to have lunch at the hotel. We sat out in the courtyard as it was such a beautiful day, and had a really delicious lunch.

All in all, it was a great stay. The hotel was how I expected it to be, the staff were friendly, helpful and responsive. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was plentiful and delicious and it was in a great location for exploring. Please remember, that a European 4-star hotel will differ to a 4-star hotel in other parts of the world, so bear that in mind.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the main road (Via Nazionale) so you will get traffic noise, so ask for a room overl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Shoppinginheels
There are newer reviews for Quirinale Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is really super, and in the heart of Rome. The whole environment of the hotel is really first class. Rooms are nice, restaurant and food are really great and the service is really, really nice. We had a great stay in this very classy hotel. No doubt in my mind I recommend to one and all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel Quirinale is perfectly situated to explore Rome with trains and buses close by. Great breakfasts and good sized rooms. Our room was on 1st floor but still very quiet even though it's a busy area. Would certainly recommend this hotel. Staff all very helpful and polite. Storage provided for you luggage if you aren't leaving Rome until late in the day.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Well i'm not sure what all the bad reviews are about. My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in July never had any problems the hotel is clean the staff are really friendly and helpful the breakfast is lovely and lots of choice, we had a few evening meals here as we were too tired to go out and I must say it was lovely and relaxing. We have booked again for next year

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bims_foster
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed 5 nights in a Junior Suite which was grand & spacious with a fully furbished and modern bathroom, all the staff were very friendly and helpful especially the door men, we were looking for a hotel with old world charm and Quirinale Hotel exceeded our expectations, for an old hotel it is very well maintained and kept very clean. Quiranale for me was not just a hotel but an Experience, when I go back to Rome I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband about a month ago during the "monsoon season." However, the hotel is conveniently located near a metro station. The breakfast was plentiful and the room was nice. However, I wouldn't recommend walking from the train station to the hotel. That area isn't so lovely and gives an awful first impression of the Eternal City.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie F
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked a room on booking.com and the photo looked lovely. When shown to my room I was very disappointed. One nights "sleep" was dreadful as the air con seemed to be just a blower set at 16 degrees but didn't do the job. Open the window and the noise was horrendous. Also only sheer curtains so street light shining in. In the morning I spoke to the reception. They were fully booked but would transfer me to a quieter room of same standard. I arrived back after a full day out to find a lovely room on the 5th floor, with a corridor leading to the bedroom itself, French doors opening to a quiet courtyard. To me this was a much higher standard than the original room. I was in heaven and had three nights of great sleep and comfort. I was very grateful to the staff, whereby they stated that they will help where they can. Great Service. The garden is absolutely gorgeous and a little paradise in the middle of the hustle and bustle and dare I say the dirty streets outside. Breakfast was quite good. The lunches are nice. I didn't have dinner there so can't comment. Although the hotel is of the old style (1874) I think that is the charm and really the staff are so nice it doesn't matter unless you like the modern and sleek buildings of today.

Room Tip: I would suggest a top floor and either looking onto the garden or the courtyard (nothing to see) but...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo