“Good Location and friendly Staff”
Review of Hotel Rex

Hotel Rex
Ranked #569 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Gurgaon
“Good Location and friendly Staff”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

we stayed at Rex hotel, Rome for 3 nights in June, 14. Nice Location very close to train station and all major attractions. Good friendly staff. Rooms were quite ok with all the facilities and free internet. Breakfast was good with sufficient choices. Front desk was always available with smile and very friendly treatment. no complaints and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: no particular choice
1 Thank kirtisan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After researching many hotels (we needed one near the main train station), what clinched it for me was the prompt and helpful responses to any queries I had. The price also was the best I could find for 3-4 star hotel.
We were not at all disappointed, it turned out to be a good choice . The staff were friendly and could speak English. The economy room (albeit rather dark given the dark walls) was huge. Enormous and very comfortable bed. Shower was adequate no complaints. We faced a courtyard (view not great but we were hardly there).Perfectly adequate for our requirements.
I found the hotel charming and quirky. The breakfast was admittedly unusual but was more than adequate and enough variety , and good cappuccino served if asked..
The wifi strength was excellent much to my husband 's delight as he was able to do quite a bit of work using it.
It was perfect for our overnight stay and we would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended for someone seeking a central location , near walking distance to train station and budget conscious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have to say that this hotel was just in the right spot 10 minutes from the railway/bus stations and walking distance of some of the sights, Metro was 10 minutes away as well.
Hotel itself is in need of some refurbishment it looks very tired and worn .Small lounge with a wooden floor which was downright dangerous to walk on with lumps and pieces out of it!! We had a double room which was very dark decor wise and we could not open the curtains as we were overlooked by a large office block which meant the curtains had to be drawn most of the day. bathroom was very worn with rust around the shower cubicle taps were very tarnished, it was clean however and towels were changed every day. Breakfast was very poor consisting of bread, cheese, and various concoctions made up from the leftovers from the previous days food there was melon most mornings not always as fresh as it could have been, A very poor selection of cereals. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 4.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in a room that is not overlooked
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barrington1947

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

paisley
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 days,on arrival,check in was nice and easy,on entering our room,it was pitch black,heavy curtains all closed,immediately on opening,we discovered why,window looked onto a dirty brick wall with pipes all over it,so therefore curtains closed the full time as no natural daylight.We figured we would only be there at bedtime anyway,apart from that room ok,however there was a problem with plumbing in bathroom as more often than not there was a foul stench in there.Breakfast not great,all that i could eat were bread rolls,they had cooked cold rices and omelette available.On checkout we were asked if we had used the minibar,but on looking on arrival the mini bar hadn't even been stocked!!! All in all we got what we paid for but if you are looking for luxury this isnt for you,but served the purpose for us,but dont think i would return,but location is excellent for all sights

Room Tip: avoid 209 as has no natural daylight
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hartland, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Rex for three nights in June 2014. Our room was just OK. It was old and in need of remodeling. While it was really big and accommodated our family of four just fine, it didn't feel clean. The bathroom shower had mold in it and the door barely closed. The tile bathroom floor had nicks and cracks in it and one of the sinks was missing the stopper. The tables next to our bed were also filled with dust. The hotel staff were very friendly, the air conditioning worked well and the breakfast was good. I read somewhere that this was a 4 star hotel. I would not rate it higher than a 2.5 star and would not stay here again.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my second visit to the Rex as we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit in 2013
Positives
- very friendly staff who were so helpful and always took the time to speak and engage in conversation.
- very comfortable room (superior room) , this was our 6th visit to Rome and they are the largest we have known. Clean room with thick carpet, huge bed which was very comfortable and had 3 great nights sleep
- lots of storage space and clothes hangers. I'm sick of booking into rooms for a week and only getting a few hangers!
- free safe, first hotel that hasn't charged for what I class as a necessity
- kettle and tea tray. Again first hotel I have ever known outside of England to provide this service!
- tv and playstation with a large selection of DVDs to borrow
- hotel has lots of character which you don't find in a 'normal' hotel
- breakfast can be taken on the roof terrace.
- great coffee for breakfast
- good location which meant we could walk everywhere
- strong wi-fi. I usually don't use this as I like to escape when on holiday but my mum downloaded an e-book and photos to Facebook quickly
- lots of electric sockets, again I often find it a struggle to charge a phone, dry my hair etc but our room had lots and in the right places.
- did I mention the lovely staff ?!

Negatives - most of these are personal preference and should not put you off stopping or detract from a great hotel as the positives far outweigh any of these
- I would have liked a mirror above the desk / dressing table so I could do my hair and make up in comfort
- the lighting was very subtle in the bedroom I would have preferred more light
- for such a great hotel with lots of different things to look at our room didn't have pictures. This was not a problem I just found it out of keeping with the hotel
- could do with a new shower as it was a little worn. I should state the bathroom was very clean and towels plentiful
- I preferred the breakfast in 2013, this year there was less choice but you did get your own bread / pastry basket. I did not go hungry this is just my personal preference.

I would happily recommend this hotel and if we were to return to Rome we would definitely stay here.

1 Thank CumbrianTraveller76
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night en route to Genoa to start a meditteranean cruise. Big mistake!
Reception staff were friendly enough, telling us we had one of the best rooms in the hotel. If this was one of the best i wouldn't want to see the worst. Our room was at the back of the hotel a long way from the very small lift. We had to drag suitcases up and down stairs to our very ordinary rooms. The main problem we experienced was the fact that when we arrived we asked for a 6am wake up call which we never recieved. This caused us to miss our flight and almost miss the cruise ship. Nothing would convince me to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple