Le Meridien Visconti Rome
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$733
US$443
2,333 results
All reviewsspanish stepspiazza cavourwithin walking distancevatican citybreakfast buffetmodern hoteltiber riverfront desk staffrooftop barminute walkpastriesquiet neighborhoodtrevi fountainstayed for nightsmajor siteswalked everywheregelato
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Very nice hotel, nicely renovated with all the modern conveniences. The hotel has an excellent location, very close to Castle San Angelo and nice restaurants. Friendly staff, but it helps even more if you speak some Italian, or even Spanish.

I had a two night stay at this hotel. First day my room had a wet carpet that smelled awful. The staff told that the carpet have been recently washed so maybe it was not properly dried. They offered to move me the next day after I came back from my afternoon tour.

I went back to the hotel for lunch, to pack my things and for a quick cloth change for my afternoon tour. I was surprised to find out that I have already been moved to a better, fresh clean and upgraded room. I did not expected this so I went through all my personal belongings and everything was perfectly placed.

The second night, the blower stopped working. They came immediately to fix it. But It worked for while and stopped again (maybe resistance). So, called again. They brought me another blower that worked fine but had a short cord and got constantly disconnected from the wall!!!

Finally, I dried my hair using alternately both driers. Advise: Bring your own drier from home.

Room Tip: Stayed at both sides of the building and the streets were quiet at night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We found this a very suitable hotel for a couple of nights in room.
Nice clean rooms, helpful staff and quite a good location.
10 minutes walk to the Vatican - you're south of the river - through a nice area.
Not far by bus from the other sites (Coliseum and Spanish steps etc) - and the buses and good and fun.
We used the roof top restaurant one night for dinner - and it was lovely - with good food and a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Location - Although across the river, the hotel was a 10 to 15 minute walk to most of the popular sights. It was easy enough to find although the signage outside wasn't very obvious for a large hotel. Seemed to be on a back street but had the usual busy traffic during the day however it was quiet in the evening.
Hotel - Modern decoration and fittings.Reception was business like but not unfriendly. We had a triple room to the front of the hotel which was large enough for 3 full beds and plenty hanging and drawer space. The room and bathroom were very clean with fresh towels and linen (not even a hint of mould in the sealant). Breakfast was very good and had plenty of quality choice. Fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads, bacon, eggs, cereal, coffee, tea, juice etc. all buffet style.
Overall good, clean, pricey (but aren't they all in Rome) hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This hotel was superbly located, in walking distance of the Vatican and the Spanish Steps. Excellent breakfast, lovely rooftop restaurant with excellent service. The hotel staff seemed aloof, but they mailed a lost item to me in the US, at no charge! I call that excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Prior to coming to this hotel I checked other people's reviews and saw several that said that the staff (especially the front desk) was very rude. I couldn't agree more. They made you feel like you were bothering them if you had a question. And we asked if they could exchange US money for us--they did--but they charged us $30 more than we would have paid anywhere else. Then when we questioned them, they basically said "well we told you what we would give you, and you took it, that's the way it is." The location however is very good--could walk to the Vatican, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Novona. And the local restaurants were great--good food, reasonable prices, and great settings. The room was very small however--we took the average room. We could barely walk around with the two of us. It was very clean and modern and the breakfast each day was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple