“Excellent Hotel & Location”

Le Meridien Visconti Rome
Ranked #189 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel & Location”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Visconti Palace Hotel. The Hotel is perfectly located for the majority of Rome's main attractions, I appreciated that some guest felt that the Colosseum was more of a taxi/bus ride away, however, if you have good weather and enjoy walking around it is only a few kilometres away, however all of the other sites are well within walking distance. We had a nice room, overlooking the main street. We were not aware of any noise only from the odd car horn, but het that's Italy!
Breakfast was good and caters mainly for our European friends and does not offer full English, which would of been perfect. We asked the waiter for freshly squeezed orange juice each morning and that was never a problem and was no extra in cost either, however, I was surprised that there was only scrambled egg on offer, it would of been good to see boiled/vienna eggs as an option. The Hotel was very clean and staff were very helpful our room was nice and bed comfortable, we only had one pillow each on the bed and as we prefer two each it was not enough that said, I asked for extra pillows at reception which they were happy to provide. The manager even logged into British Airways website and helped with the printing of our boarding cards for our return flight to the UK.
Bar prices for beer and water were a little on the expensive side but other than hotel was perfect! We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Rome and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ColinJames-UK
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for you kind words about your recent stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our level of service delivered by our dedicated staff and I will share your kind words with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Visconti.

Feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome it will be a pleasure to assist you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is within walking distance of the majority of the main tourist attractions, the exception being the Colosseum when a taxi would be advisable. We spent 4 nights at the hotel and did opt for a Premier Room on the 6th floor which was money well spent. The fittings to the bedroom and bathroom were all modern and kept spotlessly clean. There was some noise from the floor below due to urgent building work but this was always finished by 5pm and did not start until after 8am. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful, the majority speaking excellent English. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Rome.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and either have a Premier Room or a Suite - well worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davlyn007
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your positive comment about your recent stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome, thank you for your kind words.

I am glad you appreciated our hotel which actually offers the unique opportunity to feel the great advantage of being close to the most important landmarks in Rome as well as the most important shopping districts in Rome .

I very much look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Visconti, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be glad to assist you again.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is my third stay at the Visconti in the past 2 years, and this time i was disappointed. The location is strategic; less than 15 minutes walk to the Vatican and Spanish Steps, and other touristic attractions. The hotel rooms and bathrooms are in desperate need of renovation and there was alot of noise due to construction on the 5th floor that started in the early morning. The carpets need to be changed, and so does the wooden furniture. The bathroom and shower faucets are old and rusty, the toilet leaked water and the wooden vanity was peeling. Breakfast is good with alot of variety in both hot and cold foods.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aline M
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mrs Aline ,

I thank you for choosing again our hotel for recent stay in January and for taking time to share your experience with other travellers on tripadvisor .

I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel location and the breakfast, but from other hands I am sorry to hear that we haven't been able to meet your full expectations.

Since our Management take all guests’ feedback very seriously , I inform you that an accurate investigation is ongoing under my personal supervision.

From first collected information , does nor result any complaint from you, but if you had communicated your dissatisfaction to the Manager or to the Front Office, our staff would quickly have solved the problem and certainly made your stay pleasant and enjoyable .

Knowing your disappoint only now, not allowed us to be able to help you.

I have supervised the room of your stay ( #424), and I can say that “ to consider the room with a desperate need of renovation”, it’s a very severe judgment.

However, please accept my apologize for noises coming from the 5th floor maintenance work , hoping in the next future to have another chance and give you a better impression staying again with us in one of our new 6th floor Premier room.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is so convenient for the tourist. Everything is within walking distance, except for the Colosseum which is a short bus ride away - very cheap fares. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Only criticism is breakfast staff tended to be more friendly towards other Europeans, rather than British. Breakfast buffet though was lovely, varied and plentiful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travellers on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your comments. This will help us to anticipate your needs and to make the most of your opportunities while traveling

I Hope to see you back at the Visconti for your next trip in Rome.

Corfu Town, Greece
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel is situated in a very nice, quiet , authentic roman area , with many dining and shopping options (Cola di rienzo av.), 5min.walk to the airport shuttle bus station (piazza Cavour), just a 15 easy stroll to Spanish steps.I find this area completely safe for solotravellers and families.We stayed in an upgrated room in the 6th floor, very clean and nice.The staff professional and helpful, breakfast good, not exceptional, but with many options.I will definetely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: We payed just 15 euros for the upgrated room in the 6th floor (per day, through the hotel website) a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Xristina T
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, 4 February 2014

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for a romantic getaway with my partner. Very good location- near to Saint Paul's but quite far to Colloseum. Were not made aware of Urgent maintenance works happening on 5th floor which meant drilling & banging from 8am! Had to move rooms & made us pay upgrade as it was an upgraded room.! Breakfast was poor! And taxi's tried to rip you off. But apart from this the sites of Rome were beautiful and we were lucky to get 2 hot days of sunshine.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Boggust
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your recent stay and for having shared your opinion also on Tripadvisor web site.

Your review is surely useful to analyze our weak points and to improve them, as we’re always trying to do with all our customer service.
During your stay and handling your complaint, I am sure that my FO staff and I, did all was possible to do to make your stay comfortable.

I am astonished to read that we requested to pay to move in an upgrade room.
IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE and damaging the Hotel reputation.

In order to clarify the issue, I inform that since you reported the FO about troubles was going, we promptly offered to change your room ( Standard ) onto an upgrade room “ FREE OF CHARGE ” as follow:

1) In a de-luxe room ( #314,) rejected,
2) in a junior suite ( #304 ) rejected,
3) in another de-luxe room ( #301) rejected,
4) in a premier room ( #606 ) rejected too.

When you requested to be moved on the 7Th floor, where only suites was located, we informed you that the supplement to pay, but in this case only, from a standard room to a 60 s.m. suite with terrace ( # 704) , would be not less than € 100.00 ( hundred ) a day, but In consideration of noises suffered , the front desk attendant propose to charge only € 15.00 and you accepted to paid for.

This was true and the exact chronology of events !

If valued our breakfast poor, generally very appreciated from most of our Customers, I am sorry.

Just for information our buffet breakfast includes daily from 6.30 to 11.00, eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries, cheese, jam, marmalade, fresh fruits, croissants, cereals, selection of fresh milk, selection of cheese, yogurt, ham, salami, and many other food and drinks.

If consider this buffet poor …

Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is simple. Visconti Palace is a truly modern and ultraclean 4 star hotel in a great part of Rome. If you are capable and have time to walk you can easily reach the very cool street of via del corso, piazza novoria, piazza del popular, as well as St. Peter's, the Vatican and the Vatican museum. The only truly required landmark to be visited that requires bus or other is the Coloseum.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank spyder8
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for the time spent in reporting your feedback as to your recent stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your experience while visiting such a unique city like Rome, and that you appreciated both our facilities, design and location.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to let you continue your pleasant experience in the Eternal City...