“Friendly staff, Professional service and well situated ”

Le Meridien Visconti Rome
Ranked #197 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well situated in walking distance to Vatican City and 20 minutes walk to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Pantheon.
The service in the hotel was second to none. The continental breakfast had a large selection including bacon, scrambled egg and sausage.
Our room was a little dated but very clean and well looked after. They are in the process of renovating the hotel floor by floor so things are only going to get better!!

1  Thank Mark P
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us at the Visconti Palace Hotel .I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our services. I will certainly share with all the team.

Thank you so much once again for your kind comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Visconti Rome

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned home following a long weekend. Friday 15th-18th march. I booked this hotel via booking.com in October 2013 for a birthday surprise for my partner. I asked then if we could have nice view and if they could put balloons in the room and stated that it was a birthday surprise. What they have us was a very small room that I had paid a lot of money for on the 6th floor. When we checked in a lady portrayed to is that there was a problem and ignored is when we asked if there was a problem and carried on speaking in Italian.

Our room was very small and cramped. The bathroom door has a glass opaque panel through the middle and in our room it was opposite out bed. This meant that when my partner or I got is during the night the light in the bathroom lit up the rest of the bedroom.

The tv had one channel with English. This was a news channel. There was no facility to buy movies and the wifi was very hit and miss, either it didn't work or the codes the have us on a piece of paper had already expired.

There was no staff serving on the roof terrace and was a waste of time even being open.

The maids were a credit to the hotel. The ladies were very friendly, always said hello and cleaned out rooms perfectly.

There are several dark side roads leading to the Tiber from the hotel which made us feel unsafe.

One of the front of house/ reception staff were very rude and abrupt and the taxis that was requested by the hotel tried to take us to the airport for extra $$ this was very worrying and distressing as he wouldn't go to where we wanted to go and tried to charge us

We have also been charged twice for or city tax. Booking.com and the hotel charged us...another $18 to rub salt in the wounds.

Breakfast was ok... Scrambled egg wasn't great as it was runny, bacon very salty and the mini frankfurt sausages were just about cooked. Good amount of cereals, fruit and pastries.

I would not recommend this hotel based on the amount I paid versus the level of service we received, had and experienced. If this hotel was £100 cheaper than what I paid then this experience would have been different.

6  Thank Candystormer

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Should you wish to discuss your visit in greater detail, we encourage you to contact us directly at: alessio.mucci@viscontipalace.com.

As a guest of Visconti Palace , we certainly don’t want you ever to leave our property less than completely satisfied.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

We hope they won’t discourage you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed for three nights. Very well positioned, selection of restaurants nearby. Staff generally very pleasant though not always knowledgeable about the area. Room was clean but ready for refurb. Mattress was tired and not supportive, it happens. Cleaning staff, not the best. Tumblers not washed. Mentioned at reception but not dealt with. Air-con did not work, again mentioned at reception, no result. Bar staff, aloof and snappy. You cannot change that. Would I use again? Yes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your positive comment about your recent stay at the Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome, thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Visconti, on the occasion of your next trip to Rome for the 6 Nations Rugby tournement.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel in july 2011. The hotel is modern the room big modern and very clean Breakfast is just perfect and the location is the best thing about the hotel . The hotel is close to everything and has a really nice roof. Staff very helpful. Would stay here again

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your recent visit at Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome..

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel service and that we were able to meet your needs.

It is give me a great pleasure to be able to pass along your positive comments and the importance of your satisfaction.

On behalf of everyone at Visconti Palace Hotel , thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great 4 nights stay at Visconti Palace. We were able to check in early as we had an early flight.
The room was big, nice, cleaned every day and the breakfast was realy nice, plenty to chose from.
We enjoyed our stay. Beautiful hotel with really nice terace

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your kind comment, I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our hotel.

I would be delighted to welcoming you soon again to the Visconti Palace Hotel , please feel free to contact me direclty on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be delighted to assist you again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Having read previous reviews made sure we secured a room on the 6th floor and were not disappointed. Very well equipped and kept spotlessly clean during our stay, comfortable and large bed, room safe, good size tv with excellent and reasonably priced pay for movie range.

Only niggle was that our air-con would only warm the room but to be fair as we were comfortable by simply opening the window for a few minutes to cool the room slightly this wasn't a problem for us and we did not report it. Had we done so I'd be confident based on the responsive staff that the problem would have been rectified.

Staff were excellent throughout in every regard, particular mention to the guys running the bar where a really good range of drinks and nibbles are available.

I consider the location to be excellent, being close to many of the key sites of interest, all of which were within comfortable walking distance. In addition its about 3 or 4 minutes from the bus stop for direct journey to and from the airport.

Breakfast selection was what I would expect for from a hotel of this size and quality was good. Roof terrace we visited but didn't use, though I imagine it would be lovely in warmer months. Was impressed though that even though it was generally not being used if you wanted to you could dial down from the terrace for drinks to be brought up.

All in all would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PGBakes

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Visconti Palace Hotel in Rome.

I am glad to apprehend that your expectation were full filled and that all the aspects of your stay were well appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me direclty during your next stay in Rome.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is the scariest hotel experience I have ever had. We booked online via their web site and assumed all was good. Arrived and indeed our room was ready. Not bad, tidy and clean.

As we were in a group we called each other to meet in the restaurant, this is where they make the money. You get charged 5Euro per Internal phone call, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR BILL...

Head up onto the roof top and there is a note saying please call downstairs to have drinks and food brought up. We get told they are very busy downstairs and we will have to wait 15 minutes. 20 minutes later we call back, they are now FAR TOO BUSY to come upstairs and it will be a further 30 minutes. We decide to head down to see what the fuss is about. 4 bar staff and three customers... I am not sure if the bar staff were angry at the boss but they certainly made everyone in our group want to leave.

Oh, hide your toothbrush... We found a pubic hair on both of ours and threw them out.

Irons in Hotel rooms are illegal according to reception, but they have a handy service for 30euro per item where someone will iron it for you.

I love Rome, but this hotel should be avoided. Think Monsieur and Madame Thénardier from Les Misérables... you know "Master of the house"!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank tomtyler
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Le Meridien Visconti Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.