Am currently staying here ... have 1 more day to go.
1) Great staff. Very helpful. They'll take time to explain route maps, help with queries. Customer service is excellent.
2) Location : very good. Walking distance to a lot of places and the bus stop is a 2 - 3 minute walk.
3) Room is good. Clean.
1) We're in a triple room. The storage in the room is sufficient for a single room. We did ask for a change of room but did not get any response.
2) No tea/coffee facilities in the room. That's normal in a "4 star"?
3) They rip you off with the room service charge. Every decent hotel in the world has maybe a
10% service charge. This hotel has a flat 7 euro service charge for everything ! So if you order a cup of tea for 4 euro, expect to pay 11 euro for it. This is ridiculous ! Increase the room rent if you want to; but have tea/coffee facilities in the room and change this flat service charge concept.
4) Check in - a bit disappointed though I wouldn't rate it badly for this and have still given it 4 stars - we arrived in the hotel around 9.15 am. Official check in is at 2 pm. That was a Sunday and we had a long discussion at the reception about going to St. Peter's Square (we wanted to hear the Pope addressing the public at 12 noon which happens only on Sundays). We were assured that the room was available; cleaning was on and it would take half an hour. That was a relief as we had just travelled from India to Rome on a long flight. Imagine to our surprise, even in 1 hour 15 minutes, the room could not be cleaned and made available, even after the reception requested them to ! Finally, after 11 am, we deposited our luggage at the lobby and went to St. Peter's Square, When we returned at 2, the room was available.
Apart from the rip off on the service charges and lack of basic tea/coffee in the room, I would recommend this hotel !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Visconti Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Visconti Palace Rome
- Rome Hotel Visconti Palace
- Hotel Visconti Palace
- Visconti Palace Hotel Rome