2,468 results
All reviewsspanish stepspiazza cavourwithin walking distancevatican citybreakfast buffetmodern hotelrooftop barfront desk stafftiber riverminute walkpastriesquiet neighborhoodtrevi fountainmajor siteswalked everywheregelatoon foot
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Modern-day lobby, staff at the bar was very knowledgeable about food and wine and drinks. The reception desk was sometimes very quick to say NO and even slower to help with requests for booking tours and such. English is not as good as one would expect since they have so many American travelers staying there. Your standard room is horrendous so ask for a premium room on the 6th and 7th floor but don't pay for a full upgrade (I got it for 20 euros/night and I would hear him charging other people different prices, often higher).

Room Tip: BRING AN IRON. They have none on site and if you need to dryclean, don't use them (9 euros just to press my wife's dress.) There's a dry cleaner down about 3 stores from this location that will do it for 3. No American channels besides CNN, Bloomberg and Sky News and Wi-Fi can often be slow and kick you off.
1  Thank Pratik L
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just came back from a four night stay. Excellent service from start to finish at front desk, breakfast buffet, cleaning staff etc.

I arrived mid-morning and the front desk gave me an available room (206) and said if I didn't like it to come back and they'd try to change it. I think the nicer rooms are higher up.

Room was perfectly clean with firm single beds. Great AC. The wireless came in two speeds slow and free or faster and 5 euros per day. Slow was noticeably slow but good enough for my purposes. You could hear people in the next door room a bit. Some street noise came through but it was only 10-15 minutes a night spread through the night so I never bothered to try and switch rooms

Make sure you get the buffet included. Wide variety with eggs, bacon, yogurt, juice, coffee breads, meats and cheeses, fresh and canned fruit, pastries, etc. the scrambled eggs were not to my taste but many people liked them. I liked the water dispenser that let you choose from cold-still, cold-sparkling, or room temp water. They would make you a capuchino but the coffee was great. Plenty of space so no crowding.

The shower was pretty good -- plenty of water pressure with adjustable height shower head. The temp fluctuated sometime down to lukewarm and a little too hot. The bathtub was narrow so the plastic curtain sometimes clung to me instead of the side of the tub.

Great location and again, great service from everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank traveller54w
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had stayed at the Visconti three years ago and did not have the most pleasant of experiences. We decided to give it another try because we "knew" the neighborhood and wanted to stay close to the Vatican. Well, I MUST say, this visit was very pleasant!! First of all we were greeted at the front desk by Simmone. After our last visit, the French lady that greeted us was so rude, we were not expecting much more this time. Simmone was the COMPLETE opposite!!!!! She was SO nice and greeted us very kindly and professionally!! Our room was ready at our 1:00pm arrival, she gave us maps and directions, told us about breakfast, let us book at transfer for the airport for our departure and told us about two resturants that turned out to be great!!
The room was nice and clean. It was furnished with nice amenties and had a view and window that opened for fresh air. The open roof top resturant and bar is a lovely get away to view the city at night. Also the lobby and lobby bar that opens outside also was is nice gathering area.
The breakfast is more than enough and served buffet style with many options to choose from. I would say, it woould be nice if breakfast opened at 6:00am for those with early flights.
There are good resturants in the neighborhood and they are local, not tourist places. The walk to the Vatican is 10 minutes and the across the river the other Rome attractions are within walking distance.
We enjoyed our stay very much!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz K
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've stayed at The Visconti Palace for 4 nights. I must say as Front Office Manager I sometimes focus on small mistakes and little problems. However this time it was impossible to find something. fantastic, warm and welcoming staff - clean, spacious rooms - wonderfull service..
We had a perfect stay from check-in, service in bar and restaurant to check out! a special thanks to the wonderfull lady that served our BBQ diner (at the amazing roof terrace)
We are coming back, for sure!!

2  Thank YaGo619
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay at this hotel. The staff were attentive and helpful. Our sixth floor room was wonderful! It was well decorated and large enough for the two of us. The bathroom was immaculate and the extras were a nice touch, shampoo, shower cap, tissues etc. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the air con was adjustable. The hotel location was excellent. It is in a safe residential area within walking distance to the Vatican and other Rome sights. There is many places to eat close by to the hotel, if not eating at the hotel restaurant. We enjoyed a delicious bbq meal on the rooftop terrace. The buffet breakfast was delicious with a large variety of different foods. A very personal touch from management was a birthday gift I received. I was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely bottle of wine and card when I arrived home from a day exploring Rome. I absolutely loved my first visit to Rome and staying at this hotel made it all the more perfect. I will definitely stay here again and will be recommending t friends.

Room Tip: Sixth floor room was furnished well, with excellent bed.
1  Thank RachandLil