“Excellent service and prices- one of our favorites”
Review of La Forchetta d'Oro

La Forchetta d'Oro
Ranked #1,227 of 12,247 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Monti
Austin, Texas
“Excellent service and prices- one of our favorites”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were recommended this place by a local. We went there once and ended up going back 2 more times we loved it so much.
It is always crowded, and like most European restaurants, the service is a little slow. However, the owner and waiter were very friendly and accommodating.
We ordered an appetizer and they were kind enough to bring us extra food. If we had ordered just an appetizer, we would have had enough! The lentil soup is amazing (I still dream about it!) and the gnocchi is a dream.
They were very accommodating to a vegetarian diet (uncommon), and in the end gave us complimentary limoncello.
The walls are written on with feedback from previous guests. We loved the place so much we wrote on the wall as well!
Going back to Rome this summer and will DEFINITELY pay a couple visits back to this place!

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“The worst experience ever! ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I visited this place last week with my gf before I read the feedbacks here, the place looked interesting and very Italian, the first second we faced and Asian/Indian guy who was so angry and told us to sit right there and now! Later on when he needed a table beside us he pushed my hand on the table and didn't even say sorry, then the food came which it was good but the salat was wrong, and when I ask the chef about it he answer very angry, ( this is it) ! Was so surprised that even he made a mistake in the salat, his face was angry on me??? It was the worst and the most wired experience I had in Rome which really messed my day. I understand that some had good experience in this place when it's probably not busy, but believe me no one in this place knows what service means!

Kristinehamn, Sweden
“Bad service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We lived on the same street as this restaurant and we tried 3 of the restaurants there and this was the worst. The food was good, but the service was terrible. The restaurant was half full so they warent too bisy, not one smile by any of the waitors to any guest the whole time we were there, and they hardly looked our way and when we were done the waitor didnt even look at us and just trew the bill at us and turned away

• Visited May 2014
Espoo, Finland
“Restaurant that made me feel like an intruder.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The pizza was ok, but this place had the worst service I think I've ever had anywhere in the world. The waiter basically dropped the food on the table, and didn't say anything. We had to wait for the bill for quite a while, and eventually had to go to the staff to demand for it. That took a sweet while too, and they didn't even apologize. We felt like we were bothering them by being in the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Warsaw, Poland
“CHEATTING IN A BILL ! Never again”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

On Th. the 17th April I was given inncorrect bill. I asked Italian waiter for an adjustement so he instantly reduced it by 10%. He was still 10% overcharging but I did not waist my time to talk to him any more neither will visit that place any more.

PS
The food is average good, but definetely nothig more. For me not worth being cheated.

• Visited April 2014

Been to La Forchetta d'Oro? Share your experiences!