“Horrible”

Ranked #653 of 12,973 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my mate were both sick after eating there. What else can i say ??
Also the waiter did not speak italian nor english, and the walls were dirty with idiot writings

1  Thank Rémi L

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The day that my husband and I, together with our two teenage daughters, arrived in Rome, after an overnight flight, we were all exhausted and dazed. We had started out looking for a restaurant that the owner of our vacation rental had recommended, but couldn't find it, so we just happened upon this little restaurant, and it looked quite authentic, without all the trappings of the 'turista' market. So, in we went. I don't know whether it was the dazed expression on all of our faces, or if we were just taking too long with the menus (first day in Italy, had no idea what we were reading on the menu!), but the owner came out and asked if he could 'take care of us'. We agreed. It was a meal to remember! He brought out three different appetizers for us to try, along with lots of wine and delicious, chewy bread - that was our first taste of fresh mozzarella (which was fresh from Napoli that morning, we were told!), as well as that delectable combination of cantaloupe and prosciutto. So delicious!! Then, we were each treated to a large plate with three different mounds of pasta on each plate - a tomato based one, a carbonara, and a cream based one. We were so full by the end of it (those of us who could even finish what was on the plates!), that we said we couldn't order anything else. The owner just smiled and put up his hand. Within about 2 minutes, out he came with a huge plate of tiramisu for our daughters to share and coffee and limoncello for my husband and I. I guess we did have some room left after all!!
This meal was such a delightful way to kick off a marvelous two weeks in Italy. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough, not to mention that I am positive the owner did not charge us for everything we received. It was one of the least expensive meals of our stay.
Having read what some others have written, I can't believe we were at the same spot. We loved this restaurant, and would go there again happily. The atmosphere is great, with lots of writing on the walls and memorabilia around - truly a neighbourhood gathering place.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to the Monti area of Rome and found this restaurant. My dinner was really good, but not what I thought I ordered. I order chicken cacciatore, but it was more like chicken piccata. I thought it would have a red sauce and pasta but instead had potatoes and a lemon butter sauce. It was excellent and I would order it again. After dinner and dessert, they brought us fruit, lemoncello and other liquor, at no charge.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recommended by our hotel staff. In Rome for three days and ate there twice. I think that speaks for itself.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family ate at this restaurant several times as the service and food was excellent. The owner looked after us well and took into consideration my daughter's coeliac diet at all times. If we chose something off the menu he would always double check with the kitchen if the meal was definitely gluten free. An enjoyable find for our family and we hope to return soon! Thank you!

1  Thank ItalySmiths2014