“Excellent choice”

Ranked #60 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We just got back from our first visit to Rome and loved this hotel. We stayed in one of the apartments and it was perfect for us. The location was centrral and it was easy to walk everywhere. We had arranged with the hotel to have a driver pick us up at the airport and at the last minute our flight was changed so we arrived around 8:00 am instead of 3:00 pm and had no problem making the change and were able to get into our room even though it was quite early. We also had the use of a small laptop which was an added bonus. The breakfast was also very good!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paulsen02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I love this hotel! I have stayed in other hotels in my many trips to Rome, but since discovering this hotel several years ago, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The location is perfect, a 10 minute walk from Termini and steps away from buses and metro. It's central location also makes it convenient to walk to many famous sites.
The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are spotless and the breakfasts are wonderful. We have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Cortina Roma and I look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gale T
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 March 2011

It's a basic, clean hotel in good location....that all my need!! I went to hotel @ 8.00 am. The manager(Angrlo Milana) told me that my room would be ready in an hour ( check in time = 13.00pm) and offered me the compliment breakfast. That was very nice after I was on airplane 12 hours. He also allowed me to use his computer to print my ticket online to Vatican Musuem for free. I really appreciated it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SamTang
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Like a sort of "townhouse" style hotel in the centre Rome. Great location near train stations and main visitor sites. Very helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms - but quite small. No restaurant but many nearby. Overall - excellent quality and value. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Central location puts Rome at your fingertips, as well as footsteps. Small size (14 rooms) ensures personal service, more like one finds in 4-star hotels. I stepped right off its very busy street into an oasis of tranquility. Employees aim to please - very friendly, full of helpful information, tips and spot on recommendations. Generous use of the Internet for research, confirmations, even printing out tickets & boarding passes. I appreciated the restaurant recommendations in an area nearby frequented by the locals, not tourists. Rooms are comfortable and well kept. My new go to spot in Rome. Truly a hidden treasure!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank tereiling
Leicester
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We found out about this hotel through Trip Advisor and stayed here for four nights on a recent trip to Roma.

Absolutely wonderful stay. All staff were very welcoming. They offered comprehensive advise on where to go in Roma, for sightseeing, eating and were more than happy to answer any queries you had. They provided a fantastic map and upon leaving enquired if they could assist with transport to the airport (which we didn't require as we had already made our own plans)

The hotel is small, and very well presented and so feels somewhat boutiquey. Ideal location for all of Roma, from walking around to getting the Metro, which is just up the street. We would definately stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keech75
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Cortina with my girlfriend for 4 nights in February 2011, based on the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. This is a lovely little hotel situated in a characterful building in a great location in the middle of Rome, within easy walking distance of the main train station and most sightseeing attractions. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, always ready to offer help and advice in their perfect English. The room we had, while not huge, was comfortably big enough for two, was very nicely decorated and had a pleasant view on to the church across the road. The continental buffet breakfast, served until 10.30am (useful for us lazy people), was perfectly adequate without being massively inspiring. All in all, I thought our stay was great value for the relatively small amount we paid. The only minor gripe I had was that there was some traffic noise during the night - but this is to be expected for a central location, and it's only a small problem that can be easily solved through buying some earplugs. If you're on a budget and want a clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay in the middle of Rome, this is the place to be.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple