“COLAZZIONE”
Review of Hotel Cortina

Hotel Cortina
Ranked #74 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Good position to all the sights but breakfast was awful. One morning the bread was not suitable for animals... very stale and dry bread. No fruit included.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank victor17255100

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Angelo is fabulous - arranges drivers for the lowest fees - to and from airport, to Sorrento, other areas as well. He also helped plan our walking tours!
Hotel is clean, most comfortable beds, pillows and a/c of our Italy trip. Good breakfasts. Walking distance to many of Rome's attractions!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Cortina Hotel. I loved the walking distance from most major tourist attractions in Rome! The staff was friendly, willing to help at anytime. They even helped me book a tour to Pompeii, which made things a lot more easier for me. The room was comfortable and clean. The “Colazzione” was good. Nice hotel to stay in overall.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed here a couple days before the cruise I went on. I couldn't be more happy with this place. The location was perfect for the rate they charged. You were 5 minutes from the Repubblica metro stop. Via Nazionale was a nice area with all the shops. The staff was amazing, they were all English speaking, and told you the best places to go for dinner, money exchange, and sites. If I ever go back to Rome I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights while traveling through Rome further up north.

Location: Via Nazionale is a great street with many shops and a couple of bars. Hotel Is one stop away from Roma Termini on the metro. Vatican Is further down the same train line (about 10minutes) or within a leisurely walking distance if you have the time. The colesseum and ancient center is also very close.

Staff: fantastic, being such a small hotel (16 rooms?) we delt only eith two gentleman, both were friendly and helpful.

Room: We had room 15, overlooking the street. Room was surprisingly quiet and we couldnt hear the noise from the irish pub downstairs. Room was small. And not really any room except to get in and out of the bed, this wasn't a problem for a short stay, but I could imagine would be frustrating on long trips. linen and towels were good however the pillows were like sleeping on a rock. In room minibar was well priced.

Pros:
Great location
Friendly staff
Good simple breakfast.
Very clean
Fast Free wifi in the common areas.

Cons:
Room a little small.
Safe was tiny with a rather unsecure key.

Overall: good hotel in via nazionalle with excellent public transport access. Would consider staying here again on future trips to Rome.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Good location on Via Nazionale in Rome. Walking distance to some restaurants, ask for a recommendation at the front desk. Staff was friendly.

Breakfast was a continental spread, good glazed croissants, coffee, etc. Breakfast room was very cute!

Some sites are withing walking distance (Roman Forum, Colosseum), but taxis are recommended if you're not up for a hike. We walked everywhere, including to the Spanish Steps, but we were getting exercise in to make up for all the food and wine we had. My favorite restaurant in Rome, Ristorante 34, is near the Spanish Steps.

My friend and I shared the room. Small room, #15. Very small. Good thing we like each other. Beds were a little hard. Bathroom was small as well, had to step up onto a platform to use the toilet or get in the shower. All of these, however, were quirks I could live with because the price was reasonable and we were in Rome. Nothing was a deal breaker, I would stay here again.

Internet...my friend had to sit on the couch in the hallway to get wi-fi reception.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a wonderful little hotel in a great central location, not fancy but perfect for our needs. We stayed in apartment B in the back of the hotel, you had to enter through a separate side entrance. It was very quiet, and we loved having a little kitchen and living area. The bathroom was very small, but everything was spotless clean. Breakfast was simple, but very good. Angelo, the manager, was so helpful, gave us restaurant referrals, directions, even his umbrella!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple