“Ideal for short trip to Rome”
Review of Hotel Turner

Hotel Turner
Ranked #703 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights from 8th to 12th May. Good location, away from the hustle of city centre yet close enough to walk to centre or take the bus which stops outside hotel. Our room was small but cleaned daily only down side was the air con wasnt turned on, apartently to early in season. Staff were very helpfull. Breakfast was continioal with scrambled egg and bacon. Bar was perfect place to unwind after long day. Loads of restaurants close by which were reasonable and food very good, Pizzeria Disco Volante on street behind hotel next door to the Bananda Irish pub was best we ate in. very nice. All in all a pleasant hotel and ideal for seeing all Rome has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms at front can be noisey.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FarmerAndyA
There are newer reviews for Hotel Turner

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I was in februay 2014 and never in my life I will go again in this hotel! I never see so dirty hotel ! first we arrive they give us one room and we didn't have towles , soap, toilet paper, and was dust every where , nobody clean that room on the floor.
We request to change the room because was very dirty and wasn't like the picture that they have on their website.they changed the room , they put us to pay something extra, but we didn't pay !!! And also this room wasnt good! Was like in the picture but..... i enter in the room and was a smell of mold....The bathroom was full of "calcaro" , were missing bulbs, the hair dryer was't good, were small cockroach in the bathroom, the toilet wasn't clean good! The room was full of dust !!!under the bed was dust and dead flyes, under the drawer was dust and dead flyes! Were missing the same bulbs. Was spider web in the corners! The wifi connection wasn'good at all!!!
The breakfast was with chwap product , cheap salami, cheap chesee, the eggs was full of water, wasn' t good nothing!!!
In the last day I leave them a letter with all the problems, they answer me and they send me 60 euro back!
Never in my life I didn't see so dirty hotel! This is not a 4 stars hotel!! Maybe it is 2 stars but.....
It is ver close to the bus station, this is the only plus that I can give! Good location!
Don't choose this hotel for sure are hotels 2-3stars better then this!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank simona p
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for in February and I was absolutely shocked by how lovely it was! I've been wanting to go to Rome for ages, so me and my partner decided to go, and as we were going to be spending most of our time out sightseeing we booked the cheapest hotel we could find, and expected it to be pretty basic.

It is, however, such a beautiful hotel; marble floors, painted ceilings and antique furniture, we were so shocked by how amazing it was for the price! The location is amazing, there is a bus stop about a two minute walk away where you can get a hop-on hop-off tour of the city, which is pretty useful for finding your way at first. If you'd rather walk, it's definitely manageable to walk to all the major sights. There's a TV, free wifi and a minibar in the room, but no kettle, which we didn't really mind because it was far too warm for hot drinks while we were there anyway! The room was always spotless, and was cleaned daily and the bed was one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in. Only downside to the rooms are that they are quite small, but again, this is to be expected in a city. The shower was quite old, but it was spotless and worked perfectly.

Breakfast was always a bit underwhelming by the time we got there- towards the time the restaurant closed for breakfast, but there was still plenty of choice; egg, bacon, fruit, yoghurt, toast and jams, various pastries and tarts and cereals. All in all it was a wonderful experience, a beautiful hotel, and I would definitely return and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraBrad123
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Fairly central , close to the main bus terminal, too. A grand old building....very ornate rooms. Great staff. Full choice for breakfast, in pleasant surrounds. Comfortable beds, with TV and WiFi in room. No tea making facilty sadly, but staff happy to provide a cup on request....just a bit expensive. Many small and pleasant eateries nearby.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi, ask in advance, as we were told not all rooms can get it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in February in Rome, with my family and we stayed at Turner Hotel. It was really beautiful and we had a lot of fun. We visited a lot of wonderful places like Colloseum or Vatican. Room was quite small but beautiful and confortable. Breakfast was excellent, nothing to say about. If you want to visit Rome, i recommend this hotel because it's in the city center and it's beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dya021
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Pros:
1) Friendly staff: never had any issues with reception, bar staff, restaurant staff, etc.
2) Location is excellent. It's outside the city walls, but you're right by a bus stop (5 min to centre of Rome) or you can just walk to the centre in 15 min.

Cons:
1) This is not a 4 star hotel. I'm not exactly sure how Italy's hotel grading system works, but if you've been anywhere else in the world where "4 stars" actually means something, you will be disappointed.
2) No room service - 4 star hotel?
3) Rock hard beds.
4) Aircon didn't work. This was especially frustrating because if you leave the window open it is VERY noisy. It's either heat and quiet, and cool and noisy!
5) Entire hotel smells like stale smoke.
6) The buffet breakfast is abysmal. Dodgy scrambled eggs, some heavily processed ham, and some airplane-food-esque croissants.
7) You have to leave your room keys at reception when you exit. This is 2014, why aren't you using cards?
8) You'll be charged 3EUR per person per night as a 'resort tax' of some sort. This is 3EUR instead of 2EUR because this is supposedly a "4 star" hotel.
9) Rooms are absolutely tiny.

Overall, I'm sorry to say I will not stay at this hotel again. It was relatively priced (not cheap, not expensive), but I'm pretty sure I could've found a comparative 2 star hotel (which this is) for a cheaper price. Judging by all the previous reviews, it appears I'm not alone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you measure the stars in the amount of marble you find, this is certainly a four star hotel. Apart from that it's not. Still, the hotel must have been a fancy place some docent years back and with all the marble, mirrors and stuff it has a very special atmosphere. As we paid a reasonable price, this was still good value for money. The staff was nice and speaks very good English. We had a nice room, but saw very tiny rooms as well. Hotel is not directly in the center, but bus connection is great and the the best Gelaterie of Rome is close by, so why would you want to stay somewhere else ;-)

Room Tip: Room sizes seem to be very different
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family