“Stunning place to stay”

Ranked #696 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Stunning place to stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great place to stay. Beautiful interior, furniture and even walls! Great atmosphere and value for money.
Rooms are clean and beautifully appointed.
Breakfast - ok and good variety to choose from.
Service - perfect, on time and very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in march 2014 for 3 nights. Room was nice and clean, bed was very comfortable. Staff were fantastic, very helpful with any questions we had to do with where to go and how to get there. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
greece
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As many people say it is definitely NOT a four star hotel. I had booked three rooms, two twins and a double. I even e mailed them about three weeks prior to our arrival, informing them on our names and details, so that check in would be easier for everyone. And it was. However when I went to my room, I saw a double bed instead of two single beds. I went downstairs to tell them and they said that they would separate the two beds(apparently they had but two single beds together to make a double one.) As I was staying with my mom, I said that they could do it the following day. They never did. Also we were supposed to get a free welcome drink upon our arrival. We never got it. Breakfast is very basic. Ready made coffee, cold milk only, a selection of cakes and croissants, cereal butter and marmelade, eggs and bacon. Rooms are small and bathrooms even smaller, but they are clean. However the shower in my friends room didn't work properly. I never complained about anything as I stayed only for 3 days, and I didn't really care about the free welcome drink, or the beds being separated, but I got angry when they asked me to pay for the city tax, when my reservation voucher clearly states that I don't have to pay for anything else at the hotel. When I told him that, he insisted on giving me a badly photocopied piece of paper in Italian to sign, apparently stating that I refuse to pay. I told him that I am not going to sign something I don't understand( I don't speak Italian) and he said that it was for the police, probably to scare us!!! Anyway I just wanted to leave so we paid and maybe we shouldn't have. As for the location of the hotel, it isn't as central as one would think, but there is a bus stop outside. Don't let the marbles fool you. Getting what you are promised, as a well as a friendly smile are more important.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank mariaglyk
Minchinhampton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked Hotel Turner via Lastminute.com 'secret hotel'. We were sold a minimum 4* hotel in the centre of Rome close to the Trevi Fountain - we got a 2* Hotel 20-25 minute walk from Trevi. The first room we were allocated was the smallest hotel room I have ever experienced. The bed was shorter than average length in order to fit in and it meant we both had feet and shins hanging off the bed all night. The bathroom was akin to that on an aeroplane and was run down and filthy. The bedside light was dangerous and fizzed and shorted out. The one window was not external - it was onto the lift shaft which was very very noisy. We asked to be moved and got transferred to the other side of the hotel which has been renovated. The room was equally as small, but they at least had a proper sized bed - but this meant you had to forgo opening the wardrobe doors. The room was dark, as once again, no natural light due to an internal lift shaft view. The bathroom was clean and had been updated, but was again, the smallest I have ever seen.
Breakfast was self service and a very limited poor attempt at continental.
The staff on reception, bar one girl, were dismissive and surly and rather unpleasant.
I tried to refuse to pay the hotel tax to show them that they are not a 4*, but that was when I gave up and decided just to get home.
Rome is such a wonderful city, but if this hotel is your first experience, then I fear you will be left feeling very ripped off and let down.
I have contacted Last minute and am waiting for their response.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CEH2604

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Newtownstewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights from 8th to 12th May. Good location, away from the hustle of city centre yet close enough to walk to centre or take the bus which stops outside hotel. Our room was small but cleaned daily only down side was the air con wasnt turned on, apartently to early in season. Staff were very helpfull. Breakfast was continioal with scrambled egg and bacon. Bar was perfect place to unwind after long day. Loads of restaurants close by which were reasonable and food very good, Pizzeria Disco Volante on street behind hotel next door to the Bananda Irish pub was best we ate in. very nice. All in all a pleasant hotel and ideal for seeing all Rome has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms at front can be noisey.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FarmerAndyA
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I was in februay 2014 and never in my life I will go again in this hotel! I never see so dirty hotel ! first we arrive they give us one room and we didn't have towles , soap, toilet paper, and was dust every where , nobody clean that room on the floor.
We request to change the room because was very dirty and wasn't like the picture that they have on their website.they changed the room , they put us to pay something extra, but we didn't pay !!! And also this room wasnt good! Was like in the picture but..... i enter in the room and was a smell of mold....The bathroom was full of "calcaro" , were missing bulbs, the hair dryer was't good, were small cockroach in the bathroom, the toilet wasn't clean good! The room was full of dust !!!under the bed was dust and dead flyes, under the drawer was dust and dead flyes! Were missing the same bulbs. Was spider web in the corners! The wifi connection wasn'good at all!!!
The breakfast was with chwap product , cheap salami, cheap chesee, the eggs was full of water, wasn' t good nothing!!!
In the last day I leave them a letter with all the problems, they answer me and they send me 60 euro back!
Never in my life I didn't see so dirty hotel! This is not a 4 stars hotel!! Maybe it is 2 stars but.....
It is ver close to the bus station, this is the only plus that I can give! Good location!
Don't choose this hotel for sure are hotels 2-3stars better then this!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank simona p
Manchester
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for in February and I was absolutely shocked by how lovely it was! I've been wanting to go to Rome for ages, so me and my partner decided to go, and as we were going to be spending most of our time out sightseeing we booked the cheapest hotel we could find, and expected it to be pretty basic.

It is, however, such a beautiful hotel; marble floors, painted ceilings and antique furniture, we were so shocked by how amazing it was for the price! The location is amazing, there is a bus stop about a two minute walk away where you can get a hop-on hop-off tour of the city, which is pretty useful for finding your way at first. If you'd rather walk, it's definitely manageable to walk to all the major sights. There's a TV, free wifi and a minibar in the room, but no kettle, which we didn't really mind because it was far too warm for hot drinks while we were there anyway! The room was always spotless, and was cleaned daily and the bed was one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in. Only downside to the rooms are that they are quite small, but again, this is to be expected in a city. The shower was quite old, but it was spotless and worked perfectly.

Breakfast was always a bit underwhelming by the time we got there- towards the time the restaurant closed for breakfast, but there was still plenty of choice; egg, bacon, fruit, yoghurt, toast and jams, various pastries and tarts and cereals. All in all it was a wonderful experience, a beautiful hotel, and I would definitely return and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple