“Beautiful Hotel , great location”
Review of Hotel Turner

Hotel Turner
Ranked #775 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Beautiful decor throughout the hotel. Staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant.. Would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again on my next visit to Rome

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The rooms are very well appointed and quite whacky. My room on the 6th floor was wonderfully large with a separate sitting area / work desk. The bed was really comfortable and everything was clean. The bar is small and intimate, and the bar tender full of good local advice. Breakfast is a disappointment by most standards. The croissants / pastries are lovely - but the juice is not fresh, there is little else on offer and the coffee was dreadful stuff out of a machine - which was especially disappointing for a hotel in Italy !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great place to stay. Beautiful interior, furniture and even walls! Great atmosphere and value for money.
Rooms are clean and beautifully appointed.
Breakfast - ok and good variety to choose from.
Service - perfect, on time and very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here in march 2014 for 3 nights. Room was nice and clean, bed was very comfortable. Staff were fantastic, very helpful with any questions we had to do with where to go and how to get there. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As many people say it is definitely NOT a four star hotel. I had booked three rooms, two twins and a double. I even e mailed them about three weeks prior to our arrival, informing them on our names and details, so that check in would be easier for everyone. And it was. However when I went to my room, I saw a double bed instead of two single beds. I went downstairs to tell them and they said that they would separate the two beds(apparently they had but two single beds together to make a double one.) As I was staying with my mom, I said that they could do it the following day. They never did. Also we were supposed to get a free welcome drink upon our arrival. We never got it. Breakfast is very basic. Ready made coffee, cold milk only, a selection of cakes and croissants, cereal butter and marmelade, eggs and bacon. Rooms are small and bathrooms even smaller, but they are clean. However the shower in my friends room didn't work properly. I never complained about anything as I stayed only for 3 days, and I didn't really care about the free welcome drink, or the beds being separated, but I got angry when they asked me to pay for the city tax, when my reservation voucher clearly states that I don't have to pay for anything else at the hotel. When I told him that, he insisted on giving me a badly photocopied piece of paper in Italian to sign, apparently stating that I refuse to pay. I told him that I am not going to sign something I don't understand( I don't speak Italian) and he said that it was for the police, probably to scare us!!! Anyway I just wanted to leave so we paid and maybe we shouldn't have. As for the location of the hotel, it isn't as central as one would think, but there is a bus stop outside. Don't let the marbles fool you. Getting what you are promised, as a well as a friendly smile are more important.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank mariaglyk
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked Hotel Turner via Lastminute.com 'secret hotel'. We were sold a minimum 4* hotel in the centre of Rome close to the Trevi Fountain - we got a 2* Hotel 20-25 minute walk from Trevi. The first room we were allocated was the smallest hotel room I have ever experienced. The bed was shorter than average length in order to fit in and it meant we both had feet and shins hanging off the bed all night. The bathroom was akin to that on an aeroplane and was run down and filthy. The bedside light was dangerous and fizzed and shorted out. The one window was not external - it was onto the lift shaft which was very very noisy. We asked to be moved and got transferred to the other side of the hotel which has been renovated. The room was equally as small, but they at least had a proper sized bed - but this meant you had to forgo opening the wardrobe doors. The room was dark, as once again, no natural light due to an internal lift shaft view. The bathroom was clean and had been updated, but was again, the smallest I have ever seen.
Breakfast was self service and a very limited poor attempt at continental.
The staff on reception, bar one girl, were dismissive and surly and rather unpleasant.
I tried to refuse to pay the hotel tax to show them that they are not a 4*, but that was when I gave up and decided just to get home.
Rome is such a wonderful city, but if this hotel is your first experience, then I fear you will be left feeling very ripped off and let down.
I have contacted Last minute and am waiting for their response.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CEH2604
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights from 8th to 12th May. Good location, away from the hustle of city centre yet close enough to walk to centre or take the bus which stops outside hotel. Our room was small but cleaned daily only down side was the air con wasnt turned on, apartently to early in season. Staff were very helpfull. Breakfast was continioal with scrambled egg and bacon. Bar was perfect place to unwind after long day. Loads of restaurants close by which were reasonable and food very good, Pizzeria Disco Volante on street behind hotel next door to the Bananda Irish pub was best we ate in. very nice. All in all a pleasant hotel and ideal for seeing all Rome has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms at front can be noisey.