“A little Gem!”

Hotel Mascagni
Ranked #150 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here between business contracts,for 4nights. Firstly,the staff are delightful. So accommodating and friendly. Which can be rare in Italy!! I travel extensively for my job so I know when I find a good hotel.
The location is superb for a sight seeing break. It's convenient for all the main attractions. The room I had was well decorated,small but well appointed. I've read the reviews which say the beds are hard....hmm....well they're certainly firm but I slept soundly and found my back problem cleared up overnight! So I recommend the beds!
The breakfast is basic but has all you need. Again,the staff cannot do enough for you,they are charming.
This is a cool hotel,it has charm and character. I would definitely stay again and would highly recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Cru22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We decided to try out the Mascagni based on previous TripAdvisor reviews and the price. We did good! Great location in Rome, close to the metro and main train station. Our room faced the street, with the 5-star St. Regis right across the street, and the Moses fountain. We didn't get too much noise from the street, and we enjoyed the nice big window for people watching. Beds a little hard , but I've had worse. Room cozy, breakfast nice. My only complaint would have to be about the tiny tub, but hey, I'm in Rome ! My niece and I had have a good laugh about it. I would have to rate the hotel staff 5-stars. They were super nice to us and even taught us a little Italian. We will be back to this gem of a hotel. Ciao for now!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

You will find Hotel Mascagni in what i considered a perfect location: it is a short five minute walk -with luggage!-from Rome's central train station (termini) in a quite posh area surrounded by great hotels, Piazza della Republica, Via Nazionale, the cozy Monti area and most of must sees in a fairly small distance. At the same time you avoid the hustle and bustle of Rome's most crowded areas. The hotel is very cute, renovated, and cozy providing all basic amenities plus complimentary coffee, tea, safe and ironing board. The rooms are not very big but nicely decorated and the bathrooms are spacious. Double glass windows will shut out most of the street noise!
Management and staff are very kind, helpful and super attentive to anything you might need. Plus they will help you with anything from directions to train tickets and reservations. Room service was very good. Breakfast is served on the first floor; the buffet is not very big but you can have a complete breakfast to start your day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank maria p
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed a week and loved everything about this hotel, from the moment we arrived until they woke us at 3:30 a.m. to take the car they arranged for us to the airport. The concierges spoke various languages very well, and were welcoming and helpful in so many ways. It turned out my husband got ill while there, and they even knew a clinic that sent a doctor to the hotel. We loved both the restaurants they recommended. The breakfast came with the room and was delicious with plenty of variety (good hams, cheeses, yogurts, scrambled eggs, croissants, granola, etc.). They have a nice little bar with snacks (no restaurant), and are right next to a good coffee/deli/pastry shop. I don't know how to compare the value/cost, as we got a very good deal through Expedia, and of course March is not crowded. Our room was nicely decorated, small, but with King bed and roomy bathroom. We liked the location, away from super-touristy streets, but easy walking distance to many sites.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WT45
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel was very good quality for the price but i was also surprised how much they were asking from other guests and at that price it would have been only average quality. The room quality was great. The breakfast service was excellent. The elevator was frustratingly slow.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MagyarHerceg
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival at the hotel, we were warmly greeted and given a map of our location and key tourist attractions. The room although small was lovely and clean. The hand shower in the bathroom gave me some problems - not used to it so probably user error. I succeeded in spraying most of the room with water! A small issue was the sound from flushing toilets and showers from other rooms. Not a huge issue - I took it as a wake up call most mornings.
The location was good with easy access to most tourist spots either by walking (lots but that's how you see things!) or by public transport. Surrounding restaurants were nice.
Breakfast was nice and staff lovely. Would I come back to this hotel - yes!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ros N
phx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, with a friendly staff. Wonderful restaurants nearby, and the complimentary breakfasts were wonderful, centrally located between palatine/Coloseo and the Pantheon... Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Timothy O