Hotel Mascagni
US$1,094
US$598
  • Restaurant
1,021 results
All reviewswithin walking distancetrain stationpiazza republicatrevi fountainthe hotel staffspanish stepssmall hotelbreakfast roomexcellent hotelquiet roomgood sizeking bedminute walktravel agentcomplimentary breakfasttaxi standbottle of prosecco
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our family of 11 recently stayed at the Hotel Mascagni and had the best service experience of our 10 day trip to Italy. While the hotel is small, the rooms are clean and well maintained. The decor is dated but typical of boutique Italian style. What stood out most was the exceptional service. From the friendly welcome to the constant assistance with taxis and restaurants, the staff was incredibly helpful. If we could have taken Marco with us we would have! Each morning he spoiled us with an incredibly prepared breakfast, specially ordering watermelon for my children, getting up early to bake us specialty breads and sharing many insights into Rome and the Italian culture as we ate each morning. He even gave my kids a bag of fruit to take with us on our travels. He was a gem! If you are looking for a family-friendly hotel this is a great option!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank laurie l
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family of 4 adults very much enjoyed our experience at this hotel. We had a quad room that was smallish by American standards but perfect for us at it consisted of 4 twin beds but 2 pushed together for my husband and I and the kids could each have their own bed. It was very clean and well appointed. I noticed other reviews complained about the noise. We were on the street side on the 4th floor, and while I am sensitive to noise when I am trying to sleep, the noise really didn't bother us at all. Maybe we were too exhausted to care after long days of sightseeing. There was a large bathroom with a shower. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast included with the room was more than ample. The location was very close to a metro stop where you could easily access most of the obvious sights you would want to see. The metro does not access many parts of the city such as the Jewish Ghetto and the Trastevere area. Those place really required cabs which weren't more than about 12-15 Euros each way from the hotel. There is a cab stand across the street. Not much in the way of restaurants in this neighborhood but the areas mentioned above are well worth the cab ride to find wonderful restaurants experiences. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for three nights and were very pleased. Nice sized clean room. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating, and the hotel is very well situated. We would definitely stay here again. Very close to metro, train and bus stops. Plus walking is definitely an option, as there is much nearby.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back away from the Main Street and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Ann L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been to Roma countless times and stayed at a number of different hotels. While not as opulent or full service as some (e.g. Excelsior, St. Regis, Hassler, etc.) this is an excellent choice for travelers who are looking for a small boutique hotel in a great location.

The hotel is just a 3 minute from the Della Republica metro station and is within a 45 min.walk of Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, Piazza Novana (my favorite), the Pantheon and so many must see destinations.

The first room that I was put in was small, but adequate. My main complaint was that there was not a shower head, rather there was just a handheld device in the tub. However, the next morning when I requested a room change, no problemo, they moved me into a much larger room, with a full shower and a great balcony. It was roomy and quiet.

What really sets this hotel apart is the fantastic, personal customer service. I felt like the staff actually knew me and they went out of their way to ensure my stay was excellent. The concierge, Luciano, could not been any more pleasant or helpful, whether it was providing directions or arranging a box breakfast when I needed to leave early my last morning to catch a flight. Moreover, Marco was a joy to talk to each morning during the free (and really tasty) buffet breakfast. He even made me a cooked to order specialty meal one morning that was outstanding.

The wi-fi in the room worked well and made taking care of business and checking in with the family a piece of cake.

In short, if you are looking for a big time chain hotel, look elsewhere. If you want a small, personal, Roma hotel in the heart of the city, Hotel Mascagni is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the street are much quieter. Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DallasTraveller1
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really enjoyed staying here in a triple room 617 for three nights. The room was spacious, very comfortable and quiet, being on the top floor. Our bathroom was spacious too. The wifi was very slow and at times frustrating to use in our room. The highlight of our stay was getting to know Marco P. In the restaurant. His English is excellent and he is kind and very professional and has a great sense of humor. The front desk service was a bit uneven. We really liked Luciano best at the front desk and found him cordial and very willing to help us with arranging private tours of the Vatican Museum and Basicilica as well as the Borghese Palace Museum.

Stayed: May 2014