“Nice Hotel and Location”
Review of Hotel Mascagni

Hotel Mascagni
Ranked #139 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Spent about four nights here back in February with my wife. The staff are very nice and accommodating, especially at breakfast (which is not bad, and much needed for a full day of walking in Rome!). Feel free to ask them to book you tickets for the Vatican, Galleria Borghese, etc, etc.

The bedroom is sealed tight from noise and can get pitch black when the windows are drawn, the air conditioning is great and also the bed is crazy comfortable. For someone like me that seeks a deep sleep this bedroom was the absolute BEST. Now, I would say that when you need some fresh air you should open the window, but the street outside can be a little noisy and smelly but to be honest this is most of Rome.

The hotel is in a great location, only a short walk to the Metro (3 minutes max). For people (like me) that like to walk you can get to the Spanish steps in about 25 minutes. There is a Basilica across the road, towards the airport. I can't stress this enough: visit this Basilica! It's absolutely beautiful, and a stones throw away from the hotel. You will find tramps scattered around the hotel, but again this is most of Rome. There are some nice restaurants around, the best one I also have a Trip Adviser review for :)

The minibar has some nice snacks and wine, but if I'm honest across the road after about 7 minute walk there are some great shops that sell cheeses, wines, chocolates, etc, etc. The place is in such a great location just be sure to go for a wander!

I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark R

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The staff at this hotel were exceptional. Very friendly and helpful, always willing to help with any enquiry. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. We had drinks at the bar at night before heading off for dinner which was nice. The location is good, within walking distance of most of the sights. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My daughters and I have just come back from here and would recommend, on arrival the staff was smiling, helpful, the room was clean. It is next to a main road but noise was to a minimum.free Wi Fi room tax was €3 pppn but you pay this in any hotel in Rome. Well worth a visit

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Mascagni Hotel for 5 nights in early August 2014. We loved the hotel - the staff were extremely friendly and were able to help us with any questions we had. The hotel premises itself was lovely - very clean and comfortable. Our room was great and spacious enough considering a lot of Roman rooms can be on the small side. The bed was comfy and it was nice to have A/C as it was 30/35 degrees outside. It's location is great with most famous attractions about a 20 - 25 minute walk away (Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain). The breakfast was included in the price and was pleasant (continental breakfast - cold meats, cereal and pastries).

If we are back in Rome we would definitely considering staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great customer service is hard to find at times, but you will find some of the best at this hotel. We traveled to Rome with a large group, and the staff at Hotel Mascagni went out of their way to make our stay incredibly special! I can't say enough about Marco who made a 50th anniversary memorable with a breakfast created just for our group....in our own private room! And when another member of our party had a broken wheelchair, the staff stepped up and got us a new one on a moment's notice. And they even tried to fix the broken one for us. We felt incredibly welcomed and special throughout our whole visit. Thank you Hotel Mascagni!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hillary M
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family of five traveled Italy for 10 days. The hotel were very welcoming and accommodating for us especially our 3 children. And breakfast was delicious! My husband and I had drinks at the bar every night and as the kids showered and met some wonderful families over some drinks.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really liked the accommodations at this hotel. They were modern and comfortable. Giuseppe, at the front desk was very nice and helpful. He suggested a great restaurant nearby. The air conditioning was great. The breakfast was well done with a variety of selections of food. The breakfast staff was nice. The bathroom was clean and large, but the bathtub/shower was very small.
I wouldn't say that the location was very good except that it's close to the train station. I would have rather stayed closer to the river and tourist attractions further southwest in the city. While the rooms are well-appointed, they are small. We booked a quadruple room which actually turns out to be a larger double room with a SOFA-CHAIR and a cot shoved into place next to the bed. The rooms aren't really meant for four people. The bellman had no personality.
Overall, it is a comfortable and modern hotel that shouldn't really advertise quadruple rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family