I booked to stay here unaware that my parents had stayed here previously. They had told me how great there hotel was but couldn't remember the name - but it was this one!
So a quick summary of our trip (me and my boyfriend - both 26):-
* Very helpful even before the trip - answered the phone and emails before the holiday to arrange transfer from airport.
* Transfer to the hotel from FCO airport was extra - €57 but worth it! our taxi driver was great and introduced us to our favourite restaurant! A cool (in both senses of the word) Mercedes picked us up door to door :-)
* Its in the centre of everything! furthest is 35mins to the Colosseum but it goes quickly as the city is so beautiful!
* The room was lovely - bed was HUGE!! towels changed every day. v. clean.
* WiFi was free in lobby AND as our room was on floor 2 we had free wifi in the room too!!
* I asked a LOT of questions at the front desk - where to go for food, what time things are open, how to book tickets etc and they were all so helpful and nice - and they give you a map with it all on!!
* Breakfast was nice - what you expect from a 4 star
* AMAZING air con as you enter - its like walking into cool water on a hot day :-)
* be careful - city tax is per night and is going up in a month or so (all hotels not just this one!)
Go to the ice cream place nearby its SOOOO GOOD!! I want to get a flight back just for the ice cream!! its called 'gelati gelati' on the road called Via Cicerone.
Our fave restaurant : "Grotta Azzurra" also on the road Via Cicerone, a couple of roads behind the hotel near the park.
Overall it was a perfect stay for what we wanted!
If I was going back to Rome I would definitely try to book here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel dei Mellini, with his great location in the centre of Rome, only 10 minutes by foot to via Condotti (considered the best shopping area in tow),13 minutes to the Spanish Steps and the Vatican, is really the right address to be in Rome. In the quiet neighbourhood you will find many nice and cosy restaurants and bars.The hotel has a total of 80 rooms (superior, de luxe, junior suite and suite), 2 meeting rooms up to 70 people per room, a nice open terrace available also for private party, a cafeteria overlooking the inside patio and on the last floor of the hotel, overlooking the terrace you will can enjoy the "mellini gym". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Dei Mellini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dei Mellini Rome
- Dei Mellini Hotel Rome
- Dei Hotel Mellini