“Little, very little and very convenient”
Review of Hotel Le Petit

Hotel Le Petit
Ranked #1,028 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Roses
“Little, very little and very convenient”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We went 3 nights in Rome two couples and we stayed at the Hotel Le Petit. Now, the price per night is very high, but in Rome center, all the hotels are very expensive.Is a small hotel distributed between the second and fourth floor of an elegant old building. The areas are well cared for and decorated, but everything very small. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is very small, has 16 seats, many people accumulate at 8.30 for breakfast. Breakfast is simple, a continental breakfast with very good expresso and capuccino, toasts, bread with jam and marmelade, some pastries and a few kelloggs. That's all, no ham, no salads, no sandwiches. Girls serving on breakfast room are very gentle and friendly.
Rooms are little, so small that you hardly pass between the wall and your bedside, but well mantained and decorated. Bathroom are completely news but the shower is so narrow that yoy hardly go in and out. Anyway, having stayed other times in Rome, I would stay here again.
For the situation, is only five minuts walking from Termini Station, Santa Maria Maggiore and close to Piazza Republica. Touristic Busses start their toute on the opposite side of Piazza Republica, so for a touristic trip is a very well situated hotel. Short walking to Quattro Fontane, Fontana dei Tritone and maybe 15 minutes walking from Fontana Di Trevi.
Buses number 64 and 40 stops on the corner with Via Nazionale, and they take you to the Vatican, also close to Piazza Navona... Those are two useful bus lines, but are always crowded

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lidi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We loved our stay in this hotel. My husband and I have travelled a lot throughout Europe, and I was thrilled with Le Petit! Staff was fantastic, location was perfect.
For this trip I was travelling with my 75-year-old mother, so convenience of transportation was important (and taxis in Rome are much more expensive than in, say, Madrid). The metro is a block away and on the red line, which hits more of the main tourists sites than the blue, and there are easy buses along Via Nazionale (right around the corner) to get to main sites. The staff was incredibly helpful in explaining the transportation and making excellent, non-touristy restaurant recommendations.
My mother and I were both so happy with this hotel, that I feel the need to address some of the other reviewers' comments. Rooms were very clean, towels were changed every day (despite my request--in my halting Italian, so it's probably my fault--that neither towels nor sheets be changed every single day, as it seems a waste to me). Maybe it's because I live in the western U.S. where water is an issue, but I've stayed in very nice hotels from Chicago to Madrid that have signs about guests' option not to change towels and sheets every day as an environmental question, so I just don't think it's a big deal.
Yes, of course, the rooms (and the shower) aren't very big; it's a European hotel in an older, gorgeous central part of an old European city, so I'm not sure what the other reviewers were expecting. Of course, the hotel was not cheap, but again it's Rome, so it's all relative. There's a lot of walking to do in Rome to start with, so a great location is important and worth a little extra to me.
We loved this little hotel, and we will absolutely stay there again next time we are in Rome!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed here recently (Sept 23-26, 2011) and was pleasantly surprised. I was already anticipating the worst after reading the reviews. This was my last leg of Europe travel (Paris, main Greece island, Rome) and I was already tired and a little jaded. I have to say this has been probably the 2nd favorite hotel I stayed at during my travels. That said a lot since I've stayed at various main hotel chains while in Greece because I traveled with a tour group. This review is based on a single occupancy room. Why do I like this hotel more than any other that I stayed at during this travel? Well, my overall experience was great! Staff was super awesome! Just my experience with the check in, the front desk person immediately gave me the lowdown on how to get around Rome, even recommended places to visit (which were ALL great, thank you!). My favorite was this older guy, super friendly. I was a little weirded out that it was only on the fourth floor and the office was located on the 2nd which shared with other businesses and residence. When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised! It was clean and had everything I needed. Mind you, it was super tiny and the bed isn't super soft (but for me, it was comfy and clean)! Maybe for most Americans, this would be about a 1/4-half the size of room you'd get in a typical hotel chain in the States and you'd have a single bed. However, it was clean, the water runs great (this should be a given, but I've stayed at some were the showers were either positioned weirdly, or water was not so good and there's something not working in the room), free wifi in the lobby (typical in most EU), and the air condition worked - which is a hit or miss in from my experience! :) They cleaned my room everyday, but I asked them not to do this since I don't need it cleaned everyday and just save water/time for their staff. The location was perfect, I practically walked everywhere, and very close to the bus, metro, train station and those open tour buses.
If you're super particular and picky about hotels, this might be a 'bad hotel' for you. The breakfast was blah - but all I need is coffee, really, and they make it for you for free! There are some weird things like leaving your hotel key while you're out at the front desk - but I like this since I don't have to worry about losing it, plus it's good for my safety since I traveled alone. However, if you just want a comfortable room with great helpful staff and you're on a budget during your travel, I highly recommend this hotel. It's also on the 'noisier' side but if you've stayed at any major city hotels, this won't be a surprise. Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a BUDGET and don't mind a small room... but have a great staff!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Syrah35
KSA
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The hotel: very standard nothing good or bad is noticeable. ( I had the room with the square balcony).

Cleanliness: it is clean they change sheets and clean the bathroom daily. The balcony was dirty and they did not clean it.

Location: Very good, close to metro and Termini Station, i liked the nazionale St. very vibrant at all times.

Staff: One guy at the front disk is very friendly (for management > he told me he just bought a house) the old man is not. The breakfast lady is nice too.

The breakfast: Do NOT expect any big breakfast, it is just a snack in the morning, Although they make you a fresh cappuccino and have fresh sweet croissant. But eat your snack in 10 min. and leave. Breakfast room is for Approx. 16 people only.

Room and Bath: Clean, everything works, but a bit old. (U get what U pay for)

Sleep:Our room was noisy. There was constant construction in the building making it hard to sleep past 6 30/ 7 am. No complains about the beds. But again U get what U pay for.

Wi-fi: Free in the lobby.

A/C: The room had a separate AC unit. And it worked very well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2011

GOOD
The location is good
The help at the desk is good (well the one man was nice and helpful the other was not at all - rude actually)
BAD
The bed was hard and they only gave you one pillow.
The room was small
They never changed the sheets - 5 days.
The shower was small could barely turn around
The breakfast was awful - bun, two slices of un-toasted bread, juice and coffee. The breakfast area was small and had old furniture
The AC was not strong
There was constant construction on floor three making it hard to sleep past 6 30/ 7 am.
The elevator is slow - so you might as well walk up the stairs

The price was a rip off - considering around the corner and down the street you could stay in a 4 star hotel with good Air conditioning for WAY cheaper! Do your research and do not stay here unless you get a good deal and everywhere else is booked!

Room Tip: our room was clean, but small - Pictures online look nothing like the room we had for to
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lyndsay B

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The hotel itself was pleasant enough. Clean, good location and breakfast was fair. The single rooms are small, but utilitarian and the washroom is modern. The staff however, was fabulous! All speak very good English and all were very accommodating and helpful. I unfortunately lost my passport and had to stay in Rome longer than planned. The staff allowed me to use their phone and computer to organize my necessary documents, even when I stayed at a different hotel the last few days!! (this one was full). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Can here street noise on the second floor. Chose rooms higher up if you can.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Toronto
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This hotel is oddly situated in a office building on the 2nd and 4th floor, you must push a buzzer to get in to the building. We stayed here as it was close to the train station and we were en route to the airport early the next morning. The room was large clean and beds were a good size for quad occupancy. The noise level from the street below was excessive. The breakfast was very basic and the internet was only working in the lobby area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family