“Convenient and pleasant”

Ranked #2,047 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient and pleasant”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Across the street from the Cipro Metro stop, very convenient location. Even though Cipro is a very busy street the room was quiet, even with the window open (it's away from the street, facing a courtyard). We stayed in the four person room with private bath, refrigerator, and an air conditioner. The AC dripped water on the pillow of one bed, probably due to high humidity in the air.

A little confusing to meet up at check in, perhaps it could have been avoided with better communication (on our part) and a cell phone that worked in Italy. We stayed twice with a week between visits, the second time there was a surprise "Credit Card surcharge" for something like E$8. Wasn't worth arguing about so I let it slide.

To use the shower you had better be pretty limber and not Extra Large sized. Room was clean, private, quiet and comfortable. Two single beds and one double (I don't know enough about beds to say that they were specifically those sizes, just that that is how many people could fit. You might get 4 in the big bed if you are very friendly and looking to save money, but the room is only rated for 4)

I don't have enough experience in Rome to know if the price was a good value, it seemed reasonable for our budget. Breakfast is included, they give you a voucher to use at a bakery around the corner for coffee and a pastry. Very short walk away, excellent coffee, tasty pastries.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DeadheadAtLarge

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I booked a suite for 4 people for our vacation in Rome. First, the location of the hotel: it is close to the Cipro metro station (3 minutes), and only 10 minutes' walk to the Vatican Museum. We took a taxi from Termini and it took us around 20 minutes. The hotel itself is actually a residential complex. So I needed to call the hotel staff up when I arrive, then someone came, opened the door and helped us check-in. There is a lift for us to escort our luggages.

The staff, to my surprise, does not speak any English. I don't speak any Italian either, so a lot of hand gestures for communications and we got by okay. The suite we booked is of decent size with tiny bath area. There is an air-con and a fan so it won't be too hot even in summer. wifi is reliable, and breakfast is simple. They gave you daily breakfast vouchers so you go to a nearby pastry shop and pick up a crossant and a up of coffee. The pastry shop is crowded and have no seats, so you can only stand inside the shop to eat. There is a phone at the complex, so if I need anything I just call the staff up. We want extra blanket and they are being delivered promptly.

At first glance, the neighborhood is not too decent with graffitis around the buildings. But i heard neighborhood near the Roma Termini is pretty bad (I went there myself), and compare with that neighborhood via Cipro is actually decent and quiet.

Overall i won't recommend this hotel to non-English speakers. Also the price of the suite is not cheap, plus they charge us a tourist tax.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family