“A comfortable stay.”
Review of Bamboo B&B

Bamboo B&B
Ranked #898 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This B&B is within an apartment complex and it's on the top floor. Don't worry - there's a lift.
The room is big and spacious. It is nicely decorated however the panda/bamboo theme didn't work for me.
Central Rome is a bus-ride away so the location is good. A taxi from Roma Termini should cost 15-20 Euros.
Breakfast is on the balcony and it's a good place to interact with the other lodgers.

Please note that the bathroom is not attached to the room. Each room has it's own private bathroom and it's across a small corridor. Payment is made either in cash or Paypal.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amj_Singh
Claudia M, Proprietario at Bamboo B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thank you for your stay, we're glad you enjoyed our hospitality and are at your disposal any time you'll decide to stay in Rome..and Panda loves you!!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Rome is a complex and complicated city. It has spots of calm and silence and incredible outbursts of noise and traffic. Bamboo B&B is a safe haven and a garden of peace.
Located in a silent, residential area of Rome, near one of the biggest parks of the city, it's the ideal choice if you want to have the chance to hop by the near Trastevere nightlife with a 10 minute walk and then return to the calm of the big, relaxing rooms of the BB. Bathrooms are really clean, private and right outside your room door.You even get free Wi-Fi connection, and that's an excellent service if you consider you get 4 star hotels that will have you pay for it!
Breakfast is Italian style, so prepare for some excellent Cappuccino.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy987
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

We really would like to thank you for your beautiful words. Our aim is exactly to offer a high quality service along with some sincere hospitality, and we're very glad you found this during your stay. We hope we can see you again soon in our beautiful Rome

Reviewed 24 June 2012

bamboo b&b was a really nice place. it is located in a quiet & safe neighborhood. I liked that it was located slightly further away from the city. I felt like I was staying among the Italians instead of with other tourists. there are a couple of nice restaurants around (Eden & the kosher place as recommended by claudia. all at reasonable prices!), and fruit stalls and your little odd & ends stalls. there were buses all around the area that takes you to all the important places. however, one needs to note that the buses can sometimes be unreliable. there was once we had to wait for more than 40 mins for a bus that takes us to the colusseum. but if you've got time on your hands, location is not a problem. we even walked from Vatican city all the way back to bamboo. with a map in one hand and sunglasses in another, that was quite an adventure! the room we got was nice. it was spacious and had a cozy feel. after a long and weary day, we felt like we were coming home. there was also a balcony you sit out on and watch the sunset. bathrooms were not a problem, although it wasn't located inside the room, it was a mere half a meter away right outside your door. and it was your own. we didn't get to see Claudia much although I must say she gave us all the information we needed on the first day we arrived. and I knew that if we needed anything she was right upstairs. would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Jasmine, we really would like to thank you for your beautiful words. Our aim is exactly to offer a high quality service along with some sincere hospitality, and we're very glad you found this during your stay. We hope we can see you again soon in our beautiful Rome

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Let me start by saying you should purchase Rick Steve's book and read prior to going to Rome. He warned that Rome can be jarring and intense for first timers. This was especially true for me since I was travelling solo. Rome turned out to be my least favorite of all of the cities I visited in Italy. It's like NYC on steroids with gypsies thrown in for good measure.

Pros: The owners and staff are very nice. Case in point, after my first full day in Rome I was lost for several hours and was frustrated that nearly every taxi claimed they couldn't locate the B&B. Once I finally made it back I couldnt get my key to unlock the front door and Claudia and Eduardo came to let me in and took time to calm me down and asked what they could do to make my trip better. They even took me out for gelato and showed me the Monteverde neighborhood. I also met some great people that were staying at Bamboo and we now keep in touch.

Cons: I booked the only room in the B&B with a bathroom inside of the room. Initially I thought this was an advantage. However, because the walls are paper thin and my room shared a wall with the hallway bathroom of other guests, I always heard when someone was using the restroom and my room smelled like urine the entire time. The B&B is housed within an apartment bldg and the person above me had a dog that barked incessantly at night making it difficult to sleep. After the first night I requested a flat sheet to place between the heavy comforter and my skin and was told that bedding would be changed on Friday. I've stayed at B&B's and one of the best things about them is the homemade breakfast (hence the name Bed & Breakfast). What was disappointing was that the breakfast was a hodge podge of thrown together store brought pastries which lacked freshness and that "homemade" feel. It would have been nice to have something that was actually made in the kitchen. I found only 1 restaruant that had good food. It was suggested by Eduardo and was a Sicilain place a few blocks away. Other than that, the area lacks good places to eat. Housekeeping was hit or miss. Sometimes my wet towels (the one for the floor when you step out of the shower) was re-folded and placed back in the bathroom and outside of the bed being made my room never looked or felt clean. The urine smell could also have attributed to my feeling like that. After the first two days at Bamboo, I never saw the owners again until the night before check out so you really are on your own at this place which could be fine for some people but again, for first time visitors I think you would probably feel better staying someplace with a concierge. If the things I mention in my "Cons" section do not bother you then by all means, for the price it is a bargain. If you prefer something more true to a Bed & Breakfast I would not suggest Bamboo. It all depends on your personal needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jadab97
Claudia M, Proprietario at Bamboo B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Hello, good to hear you appreciated the gelato!
We recognize Rome is a chaotic city but it's great to know you also found its upsides. Although it is true that since we are a B&B we don't have a concierge, you know we live right upstairs and are always willing to help, for taxi reservation and all other services.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

The hostess, Claudia, was great. Welcoming and accommodating. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The location was perfect for me because it was in the neighborhood I used to live in and close to all my friends. It is also a fairly short walk to the Janiculum Hill for one of the best views of the city. It is about a 20 - 25 minute walk from St. Peter's. It is very close to Villa Pamphili, one of Rome's enormous beautiful parks. Great restaurants in Monteverde, too.

If you want to be right in the center of all the Rome attractions night and day, this may not be the best place for you. But if you don't mind a walk or a bus ride in to the center in exchange for a VERY quiet and peaceful night in a nice neighborhood, then this is a great place to be.

NOTE: Don't be put off by the graffitti as you walk through the neighborhood to the B&B. Rome is absolutely plagued by graffitti, unfortunately. Monteverde is a great neighborhood and VERY safe. I lived there for years. The B&B is very quiet and clean and the hosts very nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2012

As someone who has spent quite a bit of time in Rome, I can tell you this is a great find. I will give them my business every time I return. It is clean, in a great location, and unlike similar places they do not gouge you on the price. I highly recommend the Bamboo B&B for your next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emh369

Thank you for reporting your opinion on Tripadvisor; we're happy to know you appreciated our B&B, our services and found our staff professional. We hope we'll have a chance of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Bamboo B&B is an absolutely superb "home away from home," with friendly and accommodating staff who provide excellent service. You just cannot do better than this location - Monteverde is welcoming to travelers and ex-pats, but yet is so very peaceful! No wonder the neighborhood is so beloved by its Italian residents. I loved that Bamboo B&B is located near the Villa Pamphili - the gorgeous park is a great place for a jog or an afternoon picnic. The hotel itself is incredibly serene, and I was quite impressed with the modern decor and soothing aesthetic. I quite liked my room - such a great place to relax after a long day exploring - the beds are so cozy, I slept better than I do at home! Bamboo B&B also serves a delicious Italian breakfast, with cappuccini that are lip-smackingly good. I genuinely enjoyed my stay at Bamboo B&B - thank you to Claudia and all the staff for such fine service and lovely accommodations!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Claire S
Claudia M, Proprietario at Bamboo B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for your kind words! Hospitality means everything to us and our doors are always open; we're glad to hear you had a nice time. Come and visit us anytime you want!