“Very Nice Place to Sample Cheese With Some Wine”

Beppe e I Suoi Formaggi
Ranked #1,176 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ghetto
Reviewed 21 April 2014

For 22 euro a person 3 of us were able to enjoy 8 different cheeses, a mix meat plate, and a bottle of wine. The blueberry sauce with the cheeses where also very good. I would recommend going here for a nice snack. Server was attentive and offered recommendations, we trusted his judgement and I worked out well for us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Beppe's had been on my list to visit and I was really looking forward to some nice cheese and wine. Unfortunately my high expectations were for naught. We ordered the large cheese plate for 28 euro (40 dollars) -- the plate itself was large but some samples were barely enough for each of us to get a decent taste. The service was slow and unfriendly, and, as if I had never ordered a glass of wine over the years in Rome, I was given a rude lesson in why the glass was filled 1/8th full instead of 1/3.
On a positive note, the young man behind the cheese counter was welcoming and polite when we came and left. The atmosphere is warm and the cheese was good, but Beppe's doesn't have the market on either. 48 Euro ($65) for a cheese plate, two drinks, bread and water could be overlooked had the service and food been outstanding. I recommend you take your money to any number of other wonderful spots in Rome.

1  Thank Tazarudy
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We visit Beppe on December 30th 2013 for a lunch. We take the 18 sorts of cheese and it was wunderfull. Together with a fine selection of Salumi it was a great lunch. Kind peaople and good service.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The cheese from Beppe's is fantastic, with a vast selection of cheese made by the owners. From the cheese with tartufo or the one sealed in ash each selection tasted was suburb. As a chef from NYC currently living in Rome, this is my go to cheese shop in the city. He also offers an excellent selection of wines that have little to no mark ups. Also, the presentation of the cheese when plated for sit down service was clean and elegant, a nice departure from many other shops in the city. I return again and again for both the cheese and service!!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I popped in for an early evening glass of wine and some cheese. The place was nearly empty but the staff ignored us for quite some time. I eventually asked if it was ok to sit down and could we order. The waiter showed us to a table with barely a glance and no smile. We ordered our drinks and a selection of cheeses and bread. After an age they appeared. The wine was nice and the cheeses varied from delicious to fairly bland. The bill came and we had been overcharged, after pointing this out to the waiter he seemed annoyed that we had spotted this, I wonder how many times this happens. The bill was subsequently amended, needless to say we did not tip.

Not really the delightful 'aperitivo' experience we were looking for.

5  Thank db9wishes