“Should you stay at B&B Zen Trastevere? Si!”
Review of B&B Zen Trastevere

B&B Zen Trastevere
Ranked #75 of 1,093 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Cleveland, Ohio
“Should you stay at B&B Zen Trastevere? Si!”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have to say that I was very happy to take the suggestions of reviewers before me, and stay at B&B Zen Trastevere. The rooms were clean, the location was AWESOME, as many people, even tour guides, raved about Trastevere being the best place to be in Rome to get the real Roman experience, and best pizza. The services that Davide gives were great. He's a great guy, very friendly, engaging, and extremely helpful. When my mother's ATM card was eaten by an ATM machine, he gave us his phone to call the bank to report the issue because we did not have one. From the first moment of meeting him, he makes you feel comfortable and is accommodating. The rooms were a good size. My parents and I had two double rooms with a shared bathroom and it was very nice. We were living like the locals among the locals. Davide's cousin Desiree works alongside him, and she was awesome too. Both were always willing to answer all of our questions, happy to look something up to make sure we knew exactly where it was, and you could tell both Davide and Desiree both were focused on making the guests feel comfortable and wanted to make sure our time was a good one. We also met Davide's neighbor, I believe his name is Andre (I hope that's correct) and he was a great guy too, willing to answer any questions, make suggestions, etc. Just very hospitable people.

Thank you Davide and Desiree for your hospitality and I hope to see you again on a return trip to the Eternal City.

Just a little info: There were no TV's in the rooms we were in when we stayed, I am not sure if that will change or not, but to tell you the truth after touring Rome all day, by the time we made it back to our rooms, I barely had enough time to set the alarm on my phone before I fell asleep. I know for those who stay in a hotel, this is a staple of hotels, but I found it to be a breath of fresh air and I hope to stay at B&B Zen Trastevere again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Again a perfect stay in a perfect neighborhood!!! The centre of Rome is just across the Tiber river and is only a 10 min walk!

This is the second that we've stayed at B&B Zen Trastevere. But this time we were with four people in two rooms.
We shared a very nice bathroom! And again very nice and very big rooms!

They even have 10 really great rooms now!!

We like to thank Davide, Desiree and Andrea again for everything!

Thanks and we'll meet again someday!!

Best regards Gabriële, Mark, Annie & Jo ( Netherlands)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GabrieleMark
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

The B&B is in my favorite neighborhood in Rome!!! Location could not be any more perfect. Easy access to everything, great local restaurants nearby. Service was excellent. Owners will give you excellent recommendations to local spots. Our room was very comfortable and had a pretty balcony were we had our breakfast. Our room did not have a bathroom but sharing was not a problem. The bathroom was always kept very very clean. Highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Alivera1020
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Our stay with Davide was fabulous! We stayed in the Black and White room which had a private bathroom and A/C. The wifi worked reliably and the room was very clean (a huge + for me). The bath towels were nice and fluffy too. The bed was comfortable and the bed and breakfast was quiet. The b & b is in a very secure building as well and in a really nice neighborhood. I know that a lot of travel books talk about pickpockets in Rome but we never had any problems and we always felt safe walking the neighborhood after dark.

As soon as we arrived at Zen Davide was a gracious host. He gave us a map of Rome and pointed out all the sites. He also gave great suggestions for restaurants and things to do and also gave us directions.

Davide can make a mean cup of Cafe Americano and if you've traveled around Europe you will appreciate this!! Breakfast was always ready promptly and consisted of cereals, yogurt, toast, cookies, and assorted pastries, as well as coffee, juice, milk, and filtered water.

If we ever return to Rome, we will definitely return to Davide's b & b. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: The Black and White Room has a private bathroom and A/C.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alaina B
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We have spent four days in B&B Zen Trastevere and the accomodation and service was excellent.Every sightseeing point are reachable within 15-15minutes by walk. We have received a lot of reccomandation by Davide for example a beautiful direction from the city center to the Vaticans through Rome's valley. I felt myself like at home. And there is no word for Andrea's kidness,being helpful and cheerful. If you visit Rome you should choose this B&B definately!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kertész D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Andres remembered us from 2 years ago when we stayed on the other side at "Danillo". He is delightful and extremely helpful. I needed help with a store and Andres phone them on my behalf and sorted out my problem. my husband and I stayed in the Red Room which is very large and clean. we had a small balcony we took our breakfast to each morning which was charming. Zen is a great location with trams directly out the front and the bus a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Marshville, NC
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Thanks again Andrea for making us feel at home during our stay in Rome. I believe that we stayed on the "Danillo" side of the B&B and Andrea was a very gracious host, funny and charming! Trastevere is a great neighborhood to wander when you are tired of the tourist sites. Like staying with a friend in Rome! Ciao Andrea from Lisa, Mable,"Audrey Hepburn" and Allesandra! Hope to see you again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends