“Our favourite restaurant in Rome”
Review of L'Archetto - CLOSED

L'Archetto
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We came to Rome for 5 nights so we went to 7-8 different restaurants and to this place we came back. The restaurant is very close to the trevi fountain so it was easy to get to. The atmosphere was great and the food was amazing!. The restaurant was full of both locals and tourists and served both the best pasta and pizza we had in Rome. The antipasti here was toasted bread with a topping-nothing special, besides from that highly recommended and prices are fair, 8-9 euro for pasta and pizza,

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

A bit hard to find, but once there you find a small cosey place with great food and wine. We ate two starters, two mains and had soft drinks and wine for about 40?. We loved the place!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Recommended by a tour guide. Went there in evening. Fairly crowd with slight wait (about 10 minutes). Had large selection of spaghetti. Service was slow, but food was very good. Location is in central Rome in one of the smaller alleys (so can be hard to find).

Reviewed 23 October 2013

How would you rate a restaurant where the waiter brings to the table a bottle of wine already open in the back office? You could bet that the bottle had been refilled and the same bottle used several times (the label was witness and showed signs of old age).
I was there with my wife for lunch.
The Antipasti were very depressing and the Insalata di Mare and the Salmone Marinato were cheap industrial production.
Pasta with zucchini and shrimps was just fine ...
Also the desserts were industrial production.
Cheers.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Upon entering this restaurant we noticed that on the windows were posted all the credit cards this establishment took. We went downstairs and lunch was just pretty good. When we got ready to pay the check our waiter said we take cash only. When I disputed this as their front windows stated otherwise, he insisted that I pay him cash and if I didn't have cash I needed to find an ATM and bring him cash. With this remark I took the check up to the manager and stated if they wanted to be paid here was my credit card. He said "oh, our service isn't working to accept credit cards now"....I told him to turn on his machine if he wanted to be paid and guess what, he turned on his machine and processed my card. Hey, if they don't want to accept cards I am fine with that but take down the signs in their window that state they accept credit cards! A HOSTILE atmosphere.

2  Thank 540Jan