“My worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Coliseum Rooms

and 1 more site!
Coliseum Rooms
Ranked #1,019 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Tirana, Albania
“My worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Once I have been in Rome I have stayed in a wonderful place called I rooms Forum and Colosem http://www.iroomsrome.com/irooms/forum-colosseum.html a wonderful place to stay, amazing interior design amazing staff and location.
As this was fully booked I came across this other name called Coloseum Rooms which I thought was of the same chain of hotels as the above. From the pictures it looked wonderful but in reality I was absolutely disappointed.
The room had two single beds that were not covered with sheets and mattresses were terribly dirty and closet was old furniture most probably taken from the garbage. There were shared bathrooms which were small and old, the kitchen was like a storehouse.
After one night stay the owner came to tell us change our room since it was room for more people and we could not stay there. The other rroom was not bigger than 15 m2 and if you could suffocate if you were claustrophobic, no closet at all and not even space to leave your luggage. Despite all this, what I could not absolutely tolerate was the behavior of the owner. Communicating in an arrogant way he urged us to get out immediately as there were other clients waiting. I argued with him telling that we are clients too and it was not fair to behave like that. I was really shocked from the way an “owner” of a business could communicate with a client despite all being ironic and mean.
I left this hotel by being obliged to pay a penalty for one night for leaving.

All what they sell is false image.

This has been my personal experience so please if you want to take it into account fine if not please feel free to decide yourself.. :) . cheers and a great year ahead to everybody

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rafaela209
ColiseumRooms, Owner at Coliseum Rooms, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Firstly, thank you for your review, we always respect our guests opinions and appreciate any recommendation to improve our service to guests.

As you mentioned, you mistakenly booked the room assuming private bathroom was included. Even though room facilities and furniture are clearly visible on all website marketing. For this reason, you cancelled the reservation on the second day. We provided a fair deal of one night charge for late cancelation, instead of the two nights you were liable to pay.

On departure, you did not comply with the check out time of 10:30. Having not vacated the room by 12:30, I had to be firm in communicating the rules to take into consideration the other arriving guests.

Prior to your arrival, I had the pleasure to assist your boyfriend with arranging flowers delivery, restaurant bookings and private car transfer, free of charge. These services are normally appreciated by our guests as you can read in all our prior reviews. It’s unfortunate you overlooked these services when writing your review.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and me booked a room here to spend a 3 days getaway in Rome. We easily reached it with their directions. This B&B is in an big building, in the 2nd floor. When we arrived, the owner Gianlucca was waiting for us. The first surprise was looking at the room: it was exactly what is seen in the picture in their website!!! As an avid traveller, I can say it's the first time in my life I find this!
The room was big enough, with a double bed, and very clean. The owner gave us a map of the city, and pointed us many places to visit, how to get there by public transport, and some tips about the city. There were 2 bathrooms, with shower, shared by the 4 rooms. We never had to wait to use them. There was also a kitchen, it's not allowed to cook, but you can make tea or coffee, use the fridge and even eat there. It would be a good idea to add a microwave. We could use the computer in the common place, and WiFi worked most of the time.
There was a boy cleaning the place every morning.
The included breakfast is served in a cafeteria across the street. It consists on a capuccino and a pastry. It was a little bt small for us, but this is the typical italian breakfast. And the capuccino was excellent!
It was really a good place to stay in Rome, I can reccomend it to everyone, very good value for quite little money.
Thanks for everything, Coliseum rooms!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ColiseumRooms, Proprietario at Coliseum Rooms, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hi guys :)

Thank you so very much for your FANTASTIC review. It's very nice of you, I am very glad you had a great stay in Rome. I hope to see you soon in Spain.

Poznan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I really do recommend this place, I have spent there 3 nights. It is not very high level, but what do you expect from such a low price? Everything is very clean, rooms are very comfortable with a modern furniture. I had very big room designed for 3/4 persons, but I was there just with a 2 persons.

Owner is really nice guy, when we came he took us to the kitchen and started talking about all the city. Where should we go, where not, where should we eat and how to move in a Rome. WE DIDNT ASK HIM FOR THAT! He just want everyone to spent a great time in Rome in a great conditions. He gave us a map and wrote evey his suggestions.

Rooms are close to metro and in a good location for eveything.

When I payed him he even didnt take from me sth like 3 euro.

Minus for no wireless access in a room. I think it is to far from a router in that room. It is working well in a kitchen, where you can sit.

Room Tip: Be nice to the owner, he is worth that. Especially in a place where every locals is waiting just for...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jakuub
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your great review!

We fixed the wifi, the whole apartment has good reception now.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place was our second stop on our trip after Venice. We didn't have a brilliant stay in Venice so this was fantastic.
We were invited in by the friendly owner, who gave us a map and explained all the best and interesting places to go to. The rooms were very clean and spacious and it was only a 10 minute walk from the colosseum. Room didn't have aircon but we were provided with a fan which was sufficient at keeping us cool. Good working wifi, free use of a computer and there was a kitchen with a fridge in case you wanted to store any food or drink.
There was minor road noise but it didn't affect our sleep. Bathrooms were clean however we both got locked in, which was quite funny more than anything else, but it should still get fixed!

Overall a cheap, comfortable, welcoming and brilliant stay, would recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jkpelelah
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your fantastic review!

We fixed the bathroom door lock, it was a bit old and it had to be renovated.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

The helpful manager provides good advice for travel and F&B. Value for money with simple breakfast included. Quiet and safe neighbourhood without much traffic. Good daily housekeeping for the room and 2 shared bathrooms. Very near metro station & bus stops for easy access to places of interest. Spacious room with basic furniture.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bbnature
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your review!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Love the place, spacious clean and comfortable! good working wifi and 2 lovely bathrooms with hot showers! The metro is just down the road, you could walk from termini station that is what I did, busses stop 5 minutes away from the accomodation at night, one word of advice use google maps in locating a metro or bus stop because english is not their number 1 spoken language when it comes to timing and location, why googlemaps you ask? because surprisingly Rome has only 2 metros! yes 2! and they are very far apart when you go adventuring so its easier to take the bus back

Opposite the accommodation there is a mini mart so food is not a problem, I got my groceries near the fountain of trevi towards the spanish steps direction in a supermarket which was cheap, had some tourists even came up to me to ask where did i find a supermarket as there arent many to my surprise, mostly mini marts with limited selection

Has a kitchen with a kettle though you arent allowed to cook but the fridge was adequate to store ham, cheese and milk.

Thank you Gian for the lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shanashi H
Hi,

I really appreciate your great review!

Thanks you very much :)

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Well, the rooms are nice, bathrooms ok even if always wet since windows too small.
But then the b&b is too far from Roma center if you want to visit everything by walk. 15 min from coliseum, and 45min to the center.
So you have to add 20€ by day for taxi or 6€ by day for 2 by metro.
Also we didn't get any breakfast as the coffee was closed. We were supposed to get a discount for that but got 1.5€ by day! So a joke for Roma... The guy was not there for check out and used my credit card to debit without confirming with me the amount before.
At the end we would have preferred to book a room in the center as you can deposit your bags or take a shower before going out in the evening.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Frenchguys123456

Thanks for your review.

As you mentioned, the Coliseum is just a 10/15 min walk away, which means that the city centre (Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps) is 20/25 min away. Metro and buses are just one block away, if you are not keen on walking.

As for the café, I had previously warned you they don’t work on public holidays and I refunded you of the right amount, as agreed on check in.

Since reception is not open 24h a day, guests leaving earlier than 9am are allowed to check out by themselves, following the property rules explained during check in. Therefore, as previously agreed, I charged your credit card after your departure.