“Delicious food, miserable waitstaff and manager”
Review of Angelina a Trevi

Angelina a Trevi
Ranked #817 of 12,775 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Two of the reasons I love Italy and travel here often are the people and service. I was significantly disappointed in both at this restaurant. We dropped in on a Sunday evening when it wasn't even busy. The manager was running to the back to take care of something and asked a waiter to sit us. He literally rolled his eyes, said to the manager he didn't know where (he didn't know I spoke Italian as I was speaking English), then sat us, throwing down the menus on the table. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt at first, but had the same waiter serve us. He was completely miserable, acted like he was put out to serve us, and never checked back after we ordered. Finally, the manager brought over the check and again I'm thinking maybe it's just this one server...... he dropped the check off, never saying a word, and only after I signed and said thank you, did he reply.

I live in NYC and travel almost weekly nationally and internationally, so I like to think that I understand and appreciate both food and service. I would not return to this place on my next trip to Roma despite the excellent food. There are many other places with both excellent food AND service.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visited here with our kids. We had the 12 Euro brunch which was excellent. Help yourself to as much as you can fit on your plate from a selection of very nice meats, pastas, cous cous, vegetation etc. It was all very good and the beef was excellent. Recommended.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

we went there twice in a week since the food was soooooo good!!!
roman food at it's best!
not a cheap restaurant but you get a full return for your money.
don't miss:
the ham and mozzarella for starters
antipasti with cheese
spaghetti with pork cheek (DELICIOUS!)
spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and chilק was delicate and pleasent.
sea bass with potatoes - ordered it at both occasions. was excellent

take a bottle of the house wine to accompany the dinner - for 12 euros you get a bottle of excellent wine

for desert order the tiramisu and the thin pasta leaf filled with cream and chocolate chips.
great place! do not miss it!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I liked the organic feel of this restaurant, lots of wonderful food choices, the gnocchi was delicious! Decided to try this place out after walking by one night late and it was packed..seemed very local with traditional roman style food..I would go back!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Superb meal, just around the corner from the trevi fountain. Very appealing in appearance and the food did not disappoint. Waiters had very good english and were very helpful and polite. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.