“Absolutely lovely”

Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #19 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed here in June 2010 and never got round to reviewing it, but here goes:
The Hotel Campo de' Fiori is without question the loveliest hotel I have ever stayed at. The location is perfect and the rooms are so, so romantic. The stunning roof terrace alone makes it all totally worthwhile. Finally, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Although it's quite expensive (however, thanks to the location, you'll never need a taxi) and the coffee at breakfast is awful (you're much better off heading out onto the Campo for a caffe latte anyway), it really doesn't matter. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isabelle K
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear guest,

“The loveliest hotel I have ever stayed in”.

We are proud to receive such a great acknowledgement, as we constantly aim to meet our guest expectations and go beyond that.

When you decide to leave for a trip you have to open your mind to make space for new sensations. Your review shows that your memories are still bright in your mind after one year.
This is our commitment.

Having said that we wonder why you found it expensive considering that the area is the most central in Rome as you have experienced, where houses are priceless being built during Renaissance time. Moreover the hotel is just in front of the Theatre of Pompeo, which was the Senate of the Romans, where Julius Caesar was stabbed on 15 March 44 B.C.
This area has been the place of different historical events happened in the Eternal City.

Concerning your opinion about the coffee, we are highly surprised as you can read from most of our 410 excellent reviews, our guests prise us about the breakfast as we are using the best quality brand of coffee giving the choice between the Espresso or the American one.

We wish to have you here again to let you experience another “lovely stay”

Warm Regards

The Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,572)

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My daughter was living in Arricia attending college, so I came out for my 3rd visit to Rome. This was by far the best for many reasons! This place has the best location as you can see from all the other reviews. Paulo and Emanuelle were such good hosts and the nicest people! Both my daughter and I loved the rooms. They were clean and very Italian! It was great to be able to get fresh fruit and veggies every day.
Paulo even took us for a ride on his scooter through Rome for an official guided tour.
When we come back and we will, we will stay at Hotel Campo De 'Fiori.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Let me start by saying that I have used the internet for 20 years (yes – before html, when the only users were geeks downloading ftp files), and I have never written a review, and only partially trust those who do. This time I have to.

We chose Hotel Campo De' Fiori based on the Trip Advisor ratings and its geography: we were visiting my son and he was staying close by. I was concerned with what I had read about Italian room sizes, out-of-date and/or unsanitary bathrooms, “free” breakfasts that were nothing more than bread and expresso, etc.

Hotel Campo De' Fiori did not subject us to any of that. What we did get was a hotel and room with dark thick highly polished wood trim and doors throughout (the wooden door on our room was 3 1/2” thick), a gleaming black tile and chrome bathroom, a shower with an overhead “rain” nozzle and a hand wand, free high speed internet, a daily free breakfast in a café style room that included a wonderful variety of sweet rolls, cakes, and crescents, eggs, sausages, salamis, cheeses, espresso, cappuccino, juices, etc., and a roof garden with views of the National Monument of Victor Emmanuel II, the Pantheon and St. Peter’s.

The staff was as impressive as the facility: always smiling and asking to help (in impeccable English), they found and recommended restaurants for every taste and occasion (including searching for and finding one for our family’s Thanksgiving dinner (with turkey), they helped us coordinate with our son, arranged for taxies, and they jumped in and took charge when a US credit card company (not the one we using to pay our bill) sent a warning about using the card overseas and demanded an immediate overseas call. The maid service and the young lady who brought us Cappuccino daily at breakfast were equally attentive and charming.

I confess that the room was smaller than we are used to in the US. It was however, nicely decorated and big enough for the bed, a desk and chair, an armoire (including a safe and a standard hotel size refrigerator (which was standard – no request needed). We had no complaints about the room size.

The hotel is on 50' from the edge of Piazza Campo De' Fiori, on a cobblestoned alley perhaps 20 feet (4-5 meters?) wide between the Piazza and the Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. The Piazza has many restaurants and a daily open market of foods, trinkets and clothing. From there my wife and I – in our fifties and in less than perfect health – walked to the Pantheon, St. Peter’s and the Piazza Navona. The Colosseum, the National Monument of Victor Emmanuel II, the Roman Forum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps are all within walking distance for younger guests.

Lest I be accused of being too easy to please – I am known as a bit of curmudgeon, and did have objections to some encounters with tradesmen, gypsies at the Vatican, and taxi drivers during our visit. I agree with the writer who says that it had no iron available, no laundry service, and no toaster in the breakfast room. But we did not care or notice - the Hotel Campo De' Fiori is a boutique hotel with perhaps 20 rooms, and we did not plan to do laundry or cook toast when offered all that WAS available (my son uses a nearby coin operated laundry and dry cleaner).

The Hotel Campo De' Fiori did not disappoint, and in fact exceeded my expectations daily. Other than being able to see our son, it was likely the best part of our trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 77Traveller_11
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

“Incredible”
is an adjective with a vast and global description of your stay with us. Just the fact that your stay with us has induced you to write your first review even if you have been using internet for 20 years and traveled a lot, this in itself is truly an achievement. When you describe the hotel facilities you were in, you describe them in depth and bring out points which not all of our guests see or notice but our Architect studied them in every particular aspect to give more pleasure and comfort to all of our guests. An example is, “a gleaming black tile and chrome bathroom, a shower with an overhead “rain” nozzle and a hand wand” while another example is, “dark thick highly polished wood trim and doors throughout (the wooden door on our room was 3 1/2” thick). These are aspects which do make a difference in a stay and we are very happy to see that you have noticed some of the particular architectural aspects of the hotel!
Room size, well while visiting a historical city and staying in the central historical area of that city one needs to expect that the rooms are a bit smaller than a modern hotel located in either a modern city or on the out skirts of a city where there are no structural boundries. Although we do believe that it is better to be in the historical centre of a city with all major monuments at your finger tips rather than having to take a taxi to go to and go from a city which already consumes a couple of hours of your already limited time that one has for his stay.
Our breakfast having been studied to give a perfect start for ones day filled with a rich selection of sweets and salts and is a real burst of energy for the day.
Our roof top terrace which in itself is a site to see in Rome offers a spectacular view of the Eternal City which is not visible to all or is but by adding an extra economic cost.
The Staff of Hotel Campo de’ Fiori is the icing on the cake being all of University level and multi languaged. They use their capacities to make our guests stay as tranquil and unforgettable as possible. They are not only available to suggest, sites, non touristy restaurants, private tours give explanations of history but also to find solutions for problems which may pop up while on vacation and as you state, “ took charge when a US credit card company (not the one we using to pay our bill) sent a warning about using the card overseas and demanded an immediate overseas call”.
Thank you for your compliments and most of all for the observations which made your stay with us an unforgettable vacation and as you state,” in fact exceeded my expectations daily. Other than being able to see our son, it was likely the best part of our trip”.
Warm Regards,
The manager

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Hotel Campo de Fiori is hands down the best hotel that I have ever stayed at. The location of the hotel is directly in the heart of shopping, dinning, drinking, and incredible site seeing. The rooms are decorated beautifully. There is an indescribable terrace on the top floor that you can bring a bottle of wine to and relax while looking out over all of Rome.
I would like to give a special thanks to the most caring staff that I have ever encountered in all of my traveling-- Valentina, Barbara, Gabrelle, and Andrew. They went above and beyond any expectations to make sure that my mom and I were having a great time, comfortable, and safe. They even made sure that we made it to our next destination after we check out of the hotel AND they helped us when we were stranded in a completely different city and no longer guests at the hotel.
I had so much fun staying at hotel Campo de Fiori that we stayed an extra night. My next trip to Rome, I will not stay at a different hotel. Hotel Campo de Fiori has made a life-long customer out of my family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

“Best hotel I have ever stayed at”.
Words that in reality need no explanation. A maximum vote for images and feelings that remain a life time. In a few words you sum up the qualities of the hotel such as, “The location of the hotel is directly in the heart of shopping, dining, drinking, and incredible site seeing area.”
The hotel staff which is not only professional but as you state, “a special thanks to the most caring staff that I have ever encountered in all of my traveling.” We do take pride in all that we do. A happy and fulfilled client is the best prize we can receive.
Thank you for all the warm words and it will always be a pleasure to have you as our guest in the future.
All the best,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Easily the best thing about this hotel is the roof top terrace, which has a wonderful view of the city and is a very pleasant place for a late afternoon drink. Our room was small and had no view of any kind, but was very pretty and quiet. In my opinion, however, the hotel lacks a few basic traveller essentials. It is the only hotel I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in plenty) which has no iron available for guest use, no laundry service, no toaster in the breakfast room and no tissues in the bathroom (even after we made a polite request). These are things which I normally take for granted when I travel - I do not consider them luxuries.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLover50
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

“Easily the best thing about this Hotel is the roof top terrace” : thank you, dear guest, for giving us this important credit, although, if you please, I wouldn’t say that so “easily”.... Our Hotel has this unique privilege: a spectacular and breathtaking 360° view of the Eternal City, all the masterpieces and the magnificence of Rome at a glance. It’s hard not to be fascinated by this show that meet our eyes...

As regards the other remarks you made I would like to clarify the following:

1) Rooms: we provide different typologies of rooms. Likely you chose the standard room, whose size is perfectly in line with European and Boutique Hotels' standards;

2) Iron: the regional law regarding fire security rules severely forbids to use electric stuffs, but this does not mean that we do not offer an alternative to our guests;

3) As well as for laundry service: we made arrangements with an external laundry, located few steps from the Hotel, which every day provides a very good and quick service to our guests, with our staff taking care of everything;

4) Toaster: thank you for this attentive suggestion;

5) Tissues: this remark puzzled me as we do always have tissues boxes available in case our guests need. To my great regret now it is quite hard to understand what happened with your request as your stay with us dates back to more than 2 months ago.

Besides all this, we would like to think that our basic traveller essentials are , instead: the staff and the excellent hospitality service provided, our prime location, cleanliness, and the romantic and cozy atmosphere of the Hotel.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My favorite hotel in Rome is Hotel Campo De Fiori! I have stayed there 4 times in a row for the years 2008-2011. This hotel is a must if you want to live close to everything in Rome. It is situated in the market place Campo de Fiori and just 5 minutes walk from Piazza Navona. You can walk to Coluseum in about 20 minutes and to The Church of St. Peter within half an hour. The hotel has a lovely terrace on the roof where you can sit down to have a drink and "see Rome by night".
The Management is lovely and the rooms very special decorated! Lovely bathroom! Do not hesitate to use this hotel when visiting Rome!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

“I Have stayed there 4 times in a row”,

Thank you guest for sharing your satisfaction.
Returning so many times means that you discovered new emotions that you wanted to retrace choosing our Hotel constantly.

A trip to Rome, the Eternal City, is an exploration of the historical periods lived by humanity and Campo de' Fiori is the model where today you can enjoy the most famous market in Rome, but just looking up you can admire all the surrounding buildings of the past, of XIV and XV century.
Furthermore, the antique decor of the rooms is complemented with the brand new style of the bathrooms to let you experience the magical atmosphere of the Eternal City meeting your needs at the same time.
Moreover the entire staff is always attentive to offer you extra tips, as a result we are proud to read you saying “our favorite Hotel in Rome”.
However we did not deserve your full agreement so we were just wondering what can we do better to achieve the full rating.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

All the best

Reviewed 28 November 2011

From the time I made the reservation two months ago to the morning we checked out, the service, the ambience, the breakfast, the location and the views were fantastic. This is the perfect place to stay in Rome. Walkable to much of Rome's wonderful sites, making it easy to explore Rome. Our four day stay was great and we will return to stay here next year. All staff were extremely helpful. If you like Kimpton Hotels, Campo de Fiori has that "feel."

Loved the rooftop terrace late at night and early in the morning. Terrific breakfast with a nice variety of breads, cereals, fruit, eggs, sausage, yogurt, coffee, juice, cappacino & expresso.

Love these boutique type properties. Made our Rome stay perfect! Thanks to the entire staff for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Elevator is tiny (as in all of Europe). If small elevators bother you, ask for a room on the first...