Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
US$952
US$468
  • Restaurant
2,676 results
All reviewsrooftop terracedaily marketwithin walking distancearound the cornerthe hotel staffthe main hoteltop floorperfect locationprivate balconybeautiful hotelbottle of proseccotrip to romethe entire staffmodern bathroomour honeymoonrooms are smallheart of rome
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed in an apartment with our 2 kids, we were all extremely happy. The staff were great, friendly and helpful - they gave us some excellent dinner recommendations, helpful advice and always had big smiles. The apartment was spacious, comfortable and excellent value, perfect for us. The wonderful central location meant we walked to most of the big attractions, walked to dinner in Trastevere, great shopping nearby and a market on the adjacent plaza. On our last night we sat in the roof top garden, watched the sunset and waved good bye to Rome - beautiful! We can't wait for the chance to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen V

Dear Guest,
Coming from the new world (Australia) being use to different size dimensions and appreciating our apartments which are located in buildings dating back to the 1400’s is truly gratifying (we were all extremely happy). We do suggest to all of our guests to select our apartments when traveling in more than 2 people especially when traveling with family this way one may profit from the spaces which our apartments do offer (apartment was spacious, comfortable and excellent value, perfect for us) .
Our staff is always there to give a helping hand when necessary and when not necessary always ready to suggest to make ones stay with us as worry free as possible. We do believe that when our guests are suggested in the best way this is also makes our work more pleasant and happy (staff were great, friendly and helpful, excellent dinner recommendations, helpful advice and always had big smiles).
Our location speaks for itself being a hop skip and jump away from all major sites as well as being located in the shopping area of Rome (wonderful central location, great shopping nearby).
Our roof top terrace is always an extra treat for all of our guests. It allows one to see angles of Rome which are not common to see especially the sunset!
Hope to be able to host you once again in the future,
My warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We are a family of two teenage boys and we stayed for 3 nights before our cruise and 2 nights afterwards. The family apartments (located a short walk across the way from the hotel) are comfortable and spacious with a kitchenette. Our boys had their own twin beds and my husband and I had a beautiful (separate) bedroom. If you stay in the apartments, just be prepared to carry your bags up some stairs. The staff was helpful in carrying the biggest bags up for us. The apartment buildings are charming and with that charm, there are no elevators. The location in Campo De Fiori cannot be beat and the rooftop view was magnificent. We walked to everything from this location. To the few places we could not walk, like Ostia Antica, the staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful in explaining the best way to get there. When in Rome again, we will certainly stay at Hotel Campo De Fiori. Thank you to the staff for making our stay in Rome so delightful!! Grazie!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

“Great Location and Friendly Staff”,
as you have seen we host from 1 person to families of 5 people. It is truly pleasing to read that you appreciated one of our apartments as we always do suggest to our guests if arriving with 4 to five people to always request our apartments. They are all located within a 1 minute walk away from the hotel (located a short walk across the way from the hotel) , completely renovated with Free WiFi, A/C, Flat LCD Tvs’’s, daily cleaning, (comfortable and spacious) while being situated in historical buildings dating back to the 1400’s (apartment buildings are charming) and of course being in historical buildings one cannot install elevators but we do help bringing to and bringing from with the luggage.
As quoted, “location in Campo De Fiori cannot be beat and the rooftop view was magnificent”. The area has been of vital importance to the city of Rome since the medieval period always offering a fabulous market and a short walking distance to all of the major sites the city offers. Our terrace with its’ views offers something that not all that come to Rome can add to their cultural luggage. A treat within a treat!
The staff always offering sites which are not known by the common guests such as Ostia Antica “the Ancient Roman Port” is considered to be Rome’s personal Pompeii if not better because the time you need to reach Pompeii you can spend it in Ostia Antica reachable with only 1 train which has a cost of Euro 1,50 per person! The staff as I do thank you for your review and hope to see you soon with us.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at Campo de' Fiori June 12 - 16 with group of 12. This was my second visit to this hotel with a group and both times, everyone in my group raved about the hotel. The central location is within walking distance of all the major sites. The rooms are lovely, the rooftop terrace is amazing, and the people at the hotel (Valentina, Gabrielle, and all) are friendly and helpful. I felt right at home when I returned this second time. I'm already planning my tour next year with another group, and Hotel Campo De' Fiori will be our first stop! There is no restaurant at the hotel, but Campo de' Fiori is filled with a variety of restaurants, wine shops, bakeries, etc. to buy food and enjoy a meal on the hotel terrace. The hotel breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
“Another Wonderful Stay at Campo De' Fiori!”
Almost all of our reviews are with 5 points but when we receive from a repeat guest and not for only 1 or 2 guests but on the behalf of 12 guests a five point review then we are sure that we are doing exactly what is necessary to make our guests stay with us an unforgettable experience. When you have a shake that has as its’ ingredients, location “central location”, beautiful facilities, all modern comforts “rooms are lovely “,, a fabulous roof top terrace “rooftop terrace is amazing “, a highly qualified staff “ friendly and helpful “, “breakfast is excellent”, you can’t but enjoy and not forget what you are drinking!

Our philosophy is to treat all of our guests as individuals even when they may belong to a group because all have individual necessities and it is this that makes all of our guests stay with us an unforgettable experience. I am pleased to read that you will be returning with another group for the third time and it will be our pleasure to host you once again and hopefully even in a better way if this is possible! See you soon,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Air conditioner never worked the entire time we were there, despite daily requests. 6th floor has no direct access by elevator, so be prepared to carry luggage up a few flights of stairs. View from roof and our balcony was incredible. Breakfast was mediocre. Great location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dena B
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Guest,
reading your review I need to say that it is true about the air conditioning during your stay. It wasn’t working but not because it wasn’t turned on but it was malfunctioning as you already know due to a technical abnormality and was only functioning at 40% of its’ capacity although we did intervene immediately calling the technicians and the mechanical piece was immediately installed within the technical time that it necessitated so at this point in reality it should not be attributable to the hotel. Never before have we had this type of problem. Even in New York City in the past there have been black outs but this cannot be attributable to the city but to technical problems which can occur even if followed closely but professional technicians.
We did and do understand the discomfort which you had (having also an extra size) but it is also true that we applied a high level discount upon your departure and this alone should show the good faith with which we took at heart the problem as we do for all of our guests. During the same period the hot water did function perfectly.
The top floor (6th floor), has no access directly by the elevator and this is true, but one must not forget that the building dates back to 1763 and the first floor as well as the breakfast lounge belongs to the XII century. To reach the top floor you do need to walk up a few stairs as all of our guests do to reach the beautiful roof top terrace which offers a heavenly view of this Eternal City but while walking up the prestigious wooden stairs one can admire a 16th century gold leafed corniced mirror as well as the beautiful antique painting. Our top floor guests are all accompanied by our personnel who bring up to the rooms all the luggage when they arrive as well as when they leave.
As our guests do know, our top floor view is a unique extra which the hotel offers to all of our guests in and out (apartments) of the hotel and makes your stay in Rome a never ending visit meaning that even while resting up sitting down in one of our comfortable chairs or sofas and having something to drink your tour continues seeing the one of a kind view of the Roman roof tops.
All is topped off with a fabulous location saving time and money to reach the major sites having all within a few minutes walk away. Our breakfast is known to be abundant and covers all types of requests from cereals to eggs to bacon to ham and cheese as well as pies, cakes, fresh bread and cornetti and why not some of the finest coffee one can find in Rome!
Although I would have preferred that you wouldn’t have attributed to the hotel a technical problem which was resolved immediately I do thank you in any case for your review and hope that you do return, this way you can appreciate our facilities the same way all of our other guests do and also be able to add a 5 point review.
Best Reagrds,
F.Severino

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed for four nights at the end of May. Everything others have said about comfortable rooms, great location, good breakfast, etc is really true. It is a lovely hotel, and couldn't be in a better location.

I liked it before I ever got there, and both my son and really loved it. (I'm 66, he's 30, and it worked for both of us)

However, the thing that really makes the hotel absolutely wonderful is the staff! I have stayed in many hotels, all round the world and this was one of the very very best. The staff are really helpful, friendly, fun and make you feel like you are staying with friends! They helped me figure out how to set up my new iPad with an italian SIM, printed my boarding passes (I could have done it myself, they have an air printer that works with iphone and ipad) told us about good restaurants, gave us directions and were totally wonderful. They did all of this without ever once seeming 'false' in any way. I am so impressed!! We were lucky enough to meet Valentina, Gabrieli, Francesca, Andrea and Barbara. (Gabrieli and Andrea are guys!)

Valentina also makes great jewellry, I only wear earrings, and I have bought slices of Pizza, loaves of bread, cheesecake and apples and pears. Valentina makes earrings and other jewellry and sells them and will show you if you ask her, but there was no pressure at all. I asked her where she got the earrings she was wearing, she said she made them, and then a few days later, when I had time, I asked to see some of the things she made. I loved them!

From the exceptional front desk staff to the people who cleaned and who did the breakfast, all the staff were charming and always helpful. I would go back for sure next time I'm in Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family