and 1 more site!
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have traveled to 12 cities in Europe over the past 12 months and stayed in all 5 star hotels. Campo de Fiori stands out as my favorite of them all. Gorgeous rooms, wonderful staff, walking distance to every single major tourist area in Rome and great breakfast. This was the absolute best location. Everything was top notch and 5 star all the way. The roof top patio should be on the cover of Architectural Digest. I found myself debating seeing the sights , or just sitting and enjoying the beauty of the roof top patio. I cannot think of a better hotel. The staff was absolutely charming and helpful. I loved this hotel and will return.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are breathtaking
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David R
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
“Best HOTEL IN ROME.. PERFECTION”
Your title is truly flattering! Although “Perfection” doesn’t actually exist we do our utmost to reach such a level and thank you that in your opinion we have reached it. Reading I can say that you certainly have travelled a lot the past year being in 12 different cities in 12 months. This adds weight to your review for us indicating a big experience in the hotel staying. A big compliment is your opinion that our Roof Top Terrace should be shown on, “Architectural Digest”. I can say that our hotel has been shown and talked about in many newspaper as well as magazine articles world wide aside from having famous personalities stay with us. Since we are referring to articles and photos I would like to suggest to all to take a look at our website and touch with hand what you as others are referring to. On the website one may also find special offers that others cannot make.
It will be a pleasure to have you with us in the future,
“I loved this hotel and will return”.
The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We had issues with another hotel cancelling our booking for our honeymoon, yet we were delighted to discover this gem off the piazza. My husband and Istaying in our own apartment run by the hotel and couldn't be happier! We felt like true Romans during our stay. The markets were under our window, along with many restaurants and cafes. The smell of Italian coffee and sweets is a treasure to wake up to. The staff were utterly beautiful and the hotel rooftop terrace was a real treat. We honestly can't rave enough about our stay here, do yourself a favour and book! You'll love it!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Sausalito2
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,
we don’t like to compare ourselves with other hotels believing that our guests should do this and in your case you did. Not all hotels take in consideration the human aspect of their guests but for us all is important and as you say you had problems with a cancellation and during your “Honeymoon” and on one of the most important days of your life. With us this has and will never happen! ,
“The staff were utterly beautiful”
Our location is central and all of the apartments are a 1 minute walk away. As you indicate,
“yet we were delighted to discover this gem off the piazza. My husband and I staying in our own apartment run by the hotel and couldn't be happier!”
And “ We felt like true Romans during our stay. The markets were under our window, along with many restaurants and cafes. The smell of Italian coffee and sweets is a treasure to wake up to.”
Your closing line does sum it all up,
“We honestly can't rave enough about our stay here, do yourself a favour and book! You'll love it!”
With this line I would like to suggest personally to all of our future guests to take a look at our website where one can see and touch with hand photos, special rates, maps, suggestions such as tours and airport pickups at unbeatable rates for all mentioned.
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed with friends in mid-September. The hotel is adjacent to the 'Campo de' Fiori' with its daily market and surround of restaurants which for us was a big plus. The service was exceptionally good but I thought the 'Baroque' themed rooms were looking a little tired. The open area on the roof was delightful with its spectacular 360 degree views of Rome where you can relax and have a long thoughtful drink. I did not like the breakfast which was not up to the standard of the rest of the Hotel especially with an awful artificial tasting fruit juice. Surely in Rome some real juice could be found. Overall we had a very good and pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CRayFishers
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,
As stated in your review,
“Perfect location to explore Rome”
I would say that this is already half of the stay saving time and money to move around and visit all of the major sites. Our staff is already ready to suggest and help in all ways as you quote,
“The service was exceptionally good”
You refer to the baroque themed rooms, well all is opinion but I do want to highlight that the Baroque period in Italy gave birth to such artists as,
“Caravaggio, Rembrandt, Rubens, Velázquez, Poussin, and Vermeer etc. etc.”
so there for all is opinion.
Breakfast, all is natural so I can understand if maybe the juice at times may seem sweet or more sour during a few days stay with us but I would like to thank you for the observation.
I would like to conclude with your phrase,
“we had a very good and pleasant stay.”

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Campo di Fiori for four nights from Sept. 22 to 26. It was the perfect place to stay for our 4 days in Rome. The service from the staff was excellent. They helped with restaurant reservations, tour guides, taxis etc. While the rooms are small, they were clean and had a funky( barogue decorated) feel to them. The Campo di Fiori has a great vibe to it, day and night. We didn't hear any noise from outside the hotel. The best part of the hotel is location. It is an easy walk to the Colosseum, Pantheon and the Trastevere. I would definitely go back and strongly recommend to anyone going to Rome. Some people have criticized the apartments, can't comment, but the hotel is a fun place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Guest,
In a few words you have summed up our goals which we have set for us. Our staff, the cleanliness, the roof top terrace, styling and of course the location. I do suggest to all of our future guests to take a look at our website where one may see photos, location, styling, special rates and suggestions which we make on our website. I would like to conclude with your title,
“enjoying the Campo vibe”
Thanking you for your review,
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I and friends stayed at the hotel in mid -September and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very nice and very clean,the staff was friendly and quite helpful and breakfasts were very good.It is an easy walk to the Pantheon and the Piazza Navona and you could walk or take a short cab ride to the Vatican and theColiseum. The roof top terrace was a great place to relax at the end of a busy day.All in all a wonderful hotel and location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ews999
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words confirming what our guest usually indicate while staying with us. We do hope to have you with us once again in the future if you ever decide to return to the Eternal City. To those that still need to visit the city of Rome, I do suggest to take first a look at our website this way you may decide exactly what you would like to choose as well as select one of our special offers if any are available during the period you have selected.
Warmest Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our week-long stay in an apartment was great. The apartment was on the second floor, above a delicatezza and overlooking Campo de Fiori where the bustling daytime market and carnival-like night time atmosphere means you felt immersed in the area almost immediately.

And what a great base to explore from - walk to the Vatican, stroll across the river to the fabulous foodie heaven that is Trastevere, duck across the main road to Piazza Navone and embark on a late night stroll to the Pantheon and Trevi fountain, or just wander through the maze of ancient side streets with there numerous hole-in-the-wall bars and restaurants, shops and cafes.

The apartment was rustic, yes, but full of character and had blessedly cool air-conditioning (it was around 35-40 degrees each day of our stay). We tended to take a nap in the heat of the afternoon and stay out later at night to see the sights in the cooler evenings and enjoy Roman hospitality. The two bedrooms were large and the bathroom very adequate (although the shower drain seems to be blocked as the recess would fill with water while showering). A small kitchen and dining room would make it easy to enjoy provisions from the market during the day. The only thing that was a little inconvenient was having the only TV in the main bedroom. When travelling with friends, this seems a bit unfair to the people staying in the other bedroom.

Hotel staff were helpful - carried our bags to and from the room, great daily cleaning service, and happy to make taxi and restaurant bookings for us. We did check out the rooftop terrace of the hotel, but preferred our pre-dinner drinks in the bustling square so we could soak up the local atmosphere.

Overall, it was a great stay and I have already raved about this hotel and our apartment (I think it was M2 ?) to everyone who has asked for recommendations in Rome. I would definitely stay here again and again and again :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
It is pleasing to read another positive review referring to our apartments which all have all modern comforts from A/C to Free WiFi to daily cleaning by our chambermaids and much more. I do need to highlight that coming from Australia and having written already 5 hotel reviews is important for us. One thing I would like to say that having read so many nice things about the apartment and area written in your review I do not understand a 4 point appointment instead of a 5 point but I would like to thank you for having taken time to write a positive review. I would also like to say that it would be a pleasure to have you with us again and again and again!
Best regards,
Reviewed 5 October 2013

If you want to be right in the action in Rome this is your hotel. But it comes at the expense of a high price with small rooms. The staff was accommodating and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast served in the basement is not worth your time in a area of great food. I liked everything but the bill.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken time out to write a review. Your highlights will be kept in consideration but I do need to say that you were in the trendiest area of Rome, the real Ancient Area of Rome, all the major sites are within a 20 minute walk so no time or money spent with needing to walk long distances or pay high taxi rates to get around. Staying in a Boutique Hotel which is located in a historical building dating back to the 1400’s. A highly rated hotel by its’ guests. A university level staff which explains all historical monuments, where to visit, how to skip long lines. Is able to suggest non touristy restaurants at reasonable rates, is able to speak all major languages. A roof top terrace which has no comparison in Rome. Well I need to say that although our rates are low in comparison to other hotels in Rome I believe that everyone would prefer to pay less and be paid more. I do suggest to our readers to take a look at our website where one can see photos, indications, locations, special rates this way all are able to evaluate the situation for them and take advantage of what we do offer.