“Perfectly Charming Hotel, Excellent staff with kindness and service beyond compare!”

Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Fairview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have just returned from 6 nights at this wonderful hotel! After scouring the reviews I selected this hotel because really, the only negative ones were probably posted by those rare folks who always find something to fuss about.

It was beyond my expectations! It was my sisters first European trip and we were visiting my daughter, a student in Rome, and could not have picked a more welcoming hotel. It was lovely! Exquisite detail in our room, comfortable bedding, view out the shuttered windows was the stuff dreams are made of and the staff made the entire stay perfection. The location on the Campo was wonderful and the location to see all the sites of Rome was perfect!

The staff was excellent! Matteo, Alessio, Adam and Valentina made us feel so at home and welcome!! Valentina arranged special champagne to enjoy on the rooftop when she heard it was my daughters Birthday! Every day was made to feel special thanks to all of the staff! We will return and thanks again for making it the best stay ever!

Fondly,
Stacy

1 Thank Rubyrose1129
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I will take a few moments on your review finding it truly balanced and your high expectations coming to Rome to visit your daughter with your sister who never had been to Europe before and this is also a very important occasion meeting in a foreign country. Your title should make one understand when selecting Hotel Campo de’ Fiori what to expect.

“It was beyond my expectations!”

What perfect and beautiful words to express your feelings about our facilities as well as our staff. Your long stay (6) nights adds to the understanding that you were able to judge better than most guests, having a deeper impression and experience with us. I also find truly exact your phrase referring to some other guests that always have something to state non positively,

“After scouring the reviews I selected this hotel because really, the only negative ones were probably posted by those rare folks who always find something to fuss about.”

Your description of our facilities and rooms,

“could not have picked a more welcoming hotel. It was lovely! Exquisite detail in our room, comfortable bedding,”

You also mention our location,

“The location on the Campo was wonderful and the location to see all the sites of Rome was perfect!”

Our staff as all indicate to be a top level group see to it that every day of our guests becomes an unforgettable experience and you do mention those who are truly responsible for your unforgettable stay with us. Imagine not knowing beforehand that it was your daughter’s birthday but at the moment we did one of the staff immediately offered a bottle of champagne to celebrate such an important event on our fabulous roof top terrace!

“arranged special champagne to enjoy on the rooftop when she heard it was my daughter’s Birthday!” plus “Every day was made to feel special thanks to all of the staff!”

Your experience with us confirms that for us it’s not just a giving the room key and “arrivederci” situation but we believe in hosting and really love our work. Concluding,

“We will return and thanks again for making it the best stay ever!”

I would like to say, Stacy, thank you for such a beautiful review and it really made us particularly happy to read that all went well with us, and we can’t wait to have you with us once again in the future!

The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
amstelveen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a romantic beautifull boutique hotel, everything was lovely decorated and real antique furniture. Baroque atmosphere with classical music in the cosy breakfast room with sweet service , cookies :-) and the best cappuccino of Rome !!! After breakfast relax on the roof in the morning sun with the most romantic surround vieuw, or drink a bottle of wine in the afternoon .
All the personel off the hotel is friendly and helpfull.....We enjoyed our room alot with a view on the daily outside life. Also the location is perfect....in old la dolce vita Rome close to all points off intrest.
We stayed for 12 days to celebrate my 50-th birtday , also thanks to this special place I haven an eternal memory off a perfect birthday........Go to this hotel if you have a romatic soul en appreciate good service . Mille Graci Roberto and Patricia

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
in reality I could say nothing having read 6 hotel reviews written by you, a 12 day stay with us and having given us a 5 point review! What else can one desire but I need to say something because your review indicates a very important moment in your life and that is celebrating a 50th birthday! One always expects the top when celebrating a date which is so important and yes we were able to full fill all your expectations and even more reading your review and this for us is worth a lot more than just 1 review.
You speak about our hotel and how cosy it is, elegantly furnished, a superb breakfast and of course our unforgettable top floor roof top terrace which alone is a top 5 point review.

I would like to highlight a pharse which sums up all of your review but is truly important,
“also thanks to this special place I haven an eternal memory off a perfect birthday........Go to this hotel if you have a romatic soul en appreciate good service .”

I’d like to say, Prego Roberto and Patricia and we are now expecting you for another important date!
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were meant to stay here 3 nights, but a delayed flight meant we only had 2. This was such a shame, as it is a lovely hotel. Our triple room was a little squishy with bags, but beautifully furnished, and with a lovely view over Piazza del Biscione. The roof top terrace was amazing. The transfer from the airport organised by the hotel was well worth it. The breakfast room, and breakfast, were amazing. Would love to stay again.

Dear Guest,

Although I read you stayed with us for only 2 nights, you were able to capture the atmosphere and essence of our facilities. Obviously the longer one stays the ore he is able to appreciate where he has arrived at but in your review I noticed that you captured all in any case such as,

“as it is a lovely hotel.”, “beautifully furnished”, “lovely view”, The roof top terrace was amazing “,”transfer from the airport organised by the hotel was well worth it”, “breakfast room, and breakfast, were amazing”,

A few points which makes one think of the amazing stay you had with us. As your title states,

“Wish we had longer...”

Well when one doesn’t feel at home he usually wants to leave as soon as possible instead in your case you would have loved to stay longer. What more to say!
To conclude with your precious words,

“Would love to stay again.
I can only answer that we would love to have you with us once again.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The perfect hotel for discovering Rome. Superb market and cafes on the doorstep and within walking distance of all major attractions. The staff at the hotel were wonderful. Really helpful as to how to get the best out of our trip with tips on restaurants, walking routes and itineraries. They warned us about the fake tour guides we would meet and not to be taken in by them.
The hotel itself was beautiful. Our room on the 5th floor gave us a magical rooftop view of Rome.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
as your title states,
“First time in Rome”
And I answer that after having stayed with us not the last time in Rome!
You cover in your review all the aspects which make our hotel such a saught after hotel since we do offer, location, facilities, exceptional staff, elegance, modern commodities, an unfindable roof top terrace and the list goes on and on will take as a start your phrase where you were warned about the fake tour guides which one may find around the city, “They warned us about the fake tour guides we would meet and not to be taken in by them.”
We suggest to all of our future guests to reserve the private tours that we offer because these tours have professional university degree guides and this makes one stay exceptional and a stay which will not be forgotten. Aside that one “skips” the long boring and time consuming lines which can have waiting times as long as 2 hours for the Vatican museum as well as for the Colosseo totaling 4 hours! A half of a precious day lost while you have limited precious time. I would just like to indicate some things that will indicate why take a private tour?
1.)When one looks at the Colosseo – they will notice it has holes on the outside of the walls. This information is not indicated in any tour book and yet it is important to understand the at the moment Colosseo appearance.
2.)Looking at the Trevi Fountain-to the right, located on the outside exterior wall one will notice a round ball sculptured. No tour book will explain why that was placed there.
3.)While looking at the Trevi Fountain – which is attached to the Noble Family Poli building, one will notice that on the second floor to the right a window is walled up but painted to seem as though it was closed. No tour book will explain why that was done.
4.)Always the Trevi Fountian – one will notice that there is carved Ivy and plants that seem to grow out of the rocks. No tour book will explain why this is.
5.)The Spanish Steps – why is the stair case marble consumed the way it is and yet in other monuments the marble steps are still intact even if older than the Spanish Steps. No tour book will explain this.
6.)The Vatican Museum – why are all of the figures of the Sistine Chaple all covered with clothes in the intimate parts while the original painting they were all nude and why were they nude? No tour book will explain this.
There are still many other things that I did not list that are not covered in tour books or just visiting by yourselves yet with a private tour guide all is answered and this enriches your personal knowledge, culture and makes your stay in Rome a life time unforgettable experience!
I would like to conclude with your last sentence, “Highly recommended!”
Thanking you for having taken time out to write your review and we do hope to have you with us in the future when you will decide to return to Rome.
Sunapee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We took our family vacation to Rome this year, my wife and two daughters, all adults. After researching hotels online, we decided to take an apartment at Hotel Campo De' Fiori and were not disappointed.

Ahead of time, the staff was very responsive to our request to have an apartment with two bedrooms with appropriate bed choices. All requests were handled promptly and to our satisfaction.

The hotel is very beautiful - wonderfully furnished. The apartment was very nice - our daughters appreciated that we could be together as a family with a kitchen. Nearby was a nice grocery store where we purchased simple foods to have breakfast and snacks in the room.

I highly recommend this Hotel for a wonderful stay in Rome.

Dear Guest,
I would like to begin with the fact that you have reviewed “12 Hotels” and this for us is an extra being that you have experience in travelling and are able to evaluate properly your experience with us. Reading I noticed that you are a family of 4 people and “all adults” meaning 4 different opinions and yet you wrote a 5 point review meaning in reality that your review is worth 4 and not just 1! We all know how difficult it is to please all when being adults and yet we were able to do so.
You reserved an apartment outside of the hotel and this is what we normally suggest to families or small groups being spacious, clean, having all modern comforts such as free WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen, daily cleaning, flat led tv and the list goes on and on… as you write, “After researching hotels online, we decided to take an apartment at Hotel Campo De' Fiori and were not disappointed.” “The apartment was very nice - our daughters appreciated that we could be together as a family with a kitchen. Nearby was a nice grocery store where we purchased simple foods to have breakfast and snacks in the room.”
Our staff is always there for all of our guests wether in the hotel or in our apartments. You do write, “The hotel staff was very helpful and professional making great recommendations for nearby restaurants and gelaterias. Late in the day we would take our wine, ask at the front desk for glasses, and ascend to the rooftop terrace to watch the sun set and take in the Roman city scene.”
Our location is unbeatable and is always mentioned in the reviews,

“The location of the hotel is very convenient - we were able to walk to all major sights like Piazza Venezia, Il Colosseo, Piazza Navona, The Pantheon, Piazza del Popolo, and the Vatican.”
It is also very pleasing to read that you appreciated the private luxury car service from and to the airports. Although the airport service offers luxury with an English speaking driver it has a rate of a normal taxi and this is the most stunning part of this service. More for your money which is also our motto.
“I recommend using the hotel's coordinated transportation to/from the airport - very convenient.”

Concluding with your final sentence,
“I highly recommend this Hotel for a wonderful stay in Rome.”
I would like to thank you and your family for having selected us for your roman Vacation and it would be truly a pleasure to have you with us once again and maybe this time also in the hotel so that you may touch also our hotel services.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed in one of the apartments through this property. From the time we arrived till our departure, we could not have asked for anything better. The one bedroom apartment was large, well-furnished, and felt more like a "local" place. There was a little street noise at night but felt it was part of the Campo de' Fiori neighborhood, which is lively and full of energy. I highly recommend this property for the location, staff, value, and the feeling it gave of being a "part" of Rome.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 20 July 2016
Dear Guest,

You have captured the real essence of staying with us in our apartments, “The one bedroom apartment was large, well-furnished, and felt more like a "local" place.”
“the feeling it gave of being a "part" of Rome.”

The fact that you have indicated to have felt as a “local” and “a part of Rome” is exactly what we suggest to many of our guests. You also appreciated the location, “Campo de' Fiori neighborhood, which is lively and full of energy.”

The fact that you mention “energy” shows how you captured the fact that you were in one of the most trendy areas of Rome and this also made you feel at home.
To conclude I would love to use your phrase, “I highly recommend this property for the location, staff, value”

Thanking you for such direct and precise words,

Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is wonderful. The rooms are all decorated beautifully in very classic, traditional style, while the bathrooms are very modern and up to date. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Great recommendations for restaurants in the area. Breakfast was a sumptious spread, much more than your typically see in Italy. The location is right next to Campo di Fiori but still quiet. All this would have made the hotel a five star rating, but what really puts it over the top is the fabulous roof top garden. It's beatuiful, well furnished, and has a 360 degree view that's fantastic. We would get a bottle of wine and some cheese and come up to see the sun set over Rome...and hear all the bell towers chime on the hour. Truly made out stay special!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
your title is selected properly because, “A real gem!”
We are not a big chain hotel but yet offer many aspects which a small boutique hotel should offer and you have described all of these aspects such as, “rooms are all decorated beautifully”, “bathrooms are very modern and up to date”, “staff was amazingly friendly and helpful”, “Breakfast was a sumptious spread”, “location is right next to Campo di Fiori but still quiet”
“it over the top is the fabulous roof top garden”, And your list goes on and on … to the point that before indicating other aspects you state, “All this would have made the hotel a five star rating,”

These are the real aspects that a guest should look for when visiting a city and staying in a hotel not the room size which has nothing to do with the stay being in anycase bigger than those found in most hotels in Europe. I would like to conclude, “We would get a bottle of wine and some cheese and come up to see the sun set over Rome...and hear all the bell towers chime on the hour. Truly made out stay special!”
Thank you for such a deep and precise review and it would be nice to have you with us in the future if you ever decide to return to the Eternal City.