“Interesting location, exceptional staff”

and 1 more site!
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Hudson River Valley, New York
“Interesting location, exceptional staff”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, taxi drivers sometimes don't know how to get here. But the rooms are lovely, very traditional with heavy drapes and ornate furniture. The bathrooms are elegant, though again small. The view from our rooms each time we stayed there was delightful, a frescoed building across a little piazza. The roof terrace is an extraordinary feature. It is a wonderful place to come back to after a day of walking and sightseeing. The view and ambience are among my favorite things about our trip. The people at the front desk are amazingly nice and helpful. They showed us how to get places on the hotel's street map, they made suggestions, they never showed impatience, and they were gracious without fail. It is fun to be around the corner from the bustling but not tacky Campo di Fiori, away from total tourist madness but within easy distance of many key attractions, and eventually we figured out how to walk to our various destinations without getting lost. The only thing that really could be improved is the room light; it is characteristically insufficient for reading at night. But then again, in the age of e-books maybe that doesn't matter much. Overall, I would say this is a delightful hotel that I'd stay at again and would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Deluxe for size, and possibly not the top floor because the elevator stops one floor below that.
1 Thank Grayhill102
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear guest,
Reading your review pleased me very much noticing that you appreciated the most important things of our hotel especially our unbeatable roof top terrace! It does offer a 360° view of the Eternal city.
I noticed that you indicate, small rooms and bathrooms. What I ask is that, did you notice you were staying in a historical building dating back to the 1400’s? You were being part of Rome’s history! This is the reason for the normal sized rooms (not small) but normal European sized rooms.
We offer to all of our guests a blend of, history, elegance, location and a professional attitude which makes all of our guests write that they will return once again. As you have indicted,
“I would say this is a delightful hotel that I'd stay at again and would recommend highly.”
It would be a true pleasuring having you with us once again.
The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in Hotel Campo de' Fiori in Rome the end of May 2014. It is a wonderful Hotel. The Hotel is very beautiful with ancient look and very clean. We lived in one of the apartments the hotel has in the square market itself. Although the market is quite noisy day and night, we had a calm and quiet time due to the double windows in the apartment. The staff of the hotel: Valentina, Alesh'o, Adam, Emanuele and Gianluca were just great and made everything to make our stay in Rome pleasant each and every moment. We will for sure come back again, Thank you, Dudu and Ziv Ben Zeev, Israel. We highly recommend Hotel Campo De' fiori

Room Tip: the appartments are uniqe
1 Thank duduziv
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your time for writing such an Amazing review. We do have a very nice memory of you. We are pleased that you enjoyed the apartment. They are wonderful and it's easy to get there because they are all in Campo de' Fiori square area. As you correctly said there are double glasses Windows in order to avoid the noise coming from the square, especially during the night.

Our staff is ready to help you and the other gests in all situations, we are a family trying to transmit this idea to our guests. Make you feel at home is our goal and when it happens nobody is happier than us!

We do hope to have you with us once again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I returned from 12 days in Italy and my 4 nights in this hotel was one of the highlights. First, they arranged car service from the airport, which saved me time and confusion. They also arranged a tour of the Vatican, which was terrific. I broke my iPhone while visiting, and the men at the front desk found me a place to get it fixed and when I called from the place b/c I had a hard time finding a taxi back, they called me a taxi. The room itself was a little dark, but it was clean, quiet and nicely kept. the roof terrace is terrific. Breakfasts in library were very nice, the woman who worked there always remembered me and was very attentive. The location is terrific - easy to walk to all the sites. When I return to Rome, I will stay here again. Could not have been happier with the hotel, the staff and the location. Grazie!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dara M
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 10 June 2014

reading the words,

"A terrific stay!"

Can only put a smile on my face! This is our objective and when a confirmation that the objective has been reached, it truly puts a happy smile on our faces! You wrote tha you stayed 12 nights in Italy and this alone gives you the hotel experience to judge properly where you were staying in Rome. With us you stayed 4 nights and this also is not a normal 2 nights stay therefore you were able to judge in depth your stay in Rome with us. Thank you for your 5 point review. It is also pleasing to read that you followed our suggestions such as reserving the private luxury car airport pick up at a normal taxi rate. This is the best way to start your trip off when arriving in Rome. No hastles, confusion, it's a time saver and most of all no rip offs! As you quote,

"First, they arranged car service from the airport, which saved me time and confusion."

Second I read that you also reserved one of the private tours. This also is a max decision eliminating long 2 hours lines and turning a normal stay into a life time experience.

"They also arranged a tour of the Vatican, which was terrific."

In your review one also reads about your unfortunate experience having your iPhone fall and break. This is also another confirmation that for us you are not just a "client" but a guest which we look after as if part of the family. You state that we not only helped you to have you iPhone repaired immediately but we also saw to it that all your taxi transportions were perfectly reserved even if we were in the hotel and not with you personally. As you quote,

"I broke my iPhone while visiting, and the men at front desk found me a place to get it fixed and when I called from the place b/c I had a hard time finding a taxi back, they called me a taxi."

The last lines of your review also sum all up,

"When I returned to Rome, I will stay here again. Could not have been happier with the hotel, the staff and the location. Grazie!!!"

I can only answer, "Prego and hoping to have you with usa again!"

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel - from the stylishly decorated rooms complete with your own balcony to enjoy the sunrise, to the beautiful breakfast room and then there is the amazing rooftop with views over the whole of Rome, what's not to like about this place? The staff were friendly and everything was very clean. Also nice to have a lift for moving those bags up and down!! The location for me is perfect as who wouldn't want to be right next to Campo de Fiori with its markets and restaurants! Would recommend this place anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HWilson55
Dear guest,

Reading that you Aussies, and noticiing the 5 point review, well this made me very happy knowing how you are use to a different way of life regarding also sizes and customs. Your starting words of your reviews,

"This is a bautiful hotel - from the stylishly decorated rooms"

are truly enjoyable to read and express your thoughts about your stay with us as well. Also I would like to put in light your words,

"what's not to like about this place?"

A question which in reality is an answer. A beautiful way to describe. Of course you write also aboutour roof topterrace and the fabulous location. At this point, I would suggest to our readers to take a look at our website where you can touch with hand the location, descriptions, photos and most of all, the only site where one can select a special offer rate if desired!

Hoping to have you with us once again when in Europe,

Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed 6 nights. The hotel staff at the front desk are so warm, friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located and you can walk to all the historic sites with ease. The square located right outside the hotel is constantly full of life, sights and sounds. Never boring and always something entertaining going on. There is a fresh food market that is set up in the huge square every day. There are so many restaurants and shops to choose from and the area is very safe. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean with all the modern amenities! Even though you are situated right on this busy square, the rooms are soundproof so no problem sleeping! Loved the entire experience!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea S

the word,

"Perfection"

Your title, sus up a perfect stay and what a stay, 6 nights! This gave you real time to judge where you were staying and you did judge well giving a 5 point review. You begin with our staff which all of our guests indicate as top notch outfit and of which we take pride on having.

"The hotel staff at the front desk so warm, friendly and helpful."

You also refer to our location, the hotel which is beautiful and clean with all modern amenities. You also highlight the fact that the hotel but then all of our facilities have sound proof Windows so as you state,

"Even though you are situated right on this busy square, the rooms are soundproof so no problme sleeping!"

Your concluding phrase,

"Loved the entire experience!!"

I'd like to pull out the word your stay with us, your stay with us was not just another vacation or stay but a real lifetime, "experience"!

Thanking you for the kind words,

Best regards,

Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well, trip advisor never let's me down. This hotel is perfecto! It's strategically located in the heart of the city. It's located allowed us to walk to every major attraction with no problem. The view is spectacular !!! Overlooking the entire roman skyline-spectacular ! The staff is not only knowledgable, friendly and helpful, but outright hospitable ! They are there to make your stay memorable -thanks Adam and Matt! The entire staff is so nice and left us with a bottle of complimentary wine on our last night ! Love this place !!

Room Tip: There's a view on the balcony so any room is going to be spectacular
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear guest,
your title informs all of a terrific stay with us: "Four days of paradise".
Having utilized the word "paradise" in reality, there is no need in answering such a perfect description of your stay but i would still like to say something having you been kind to describe with others your experience with us.
First of all, you confirm and have been coming confirming this same idea, that we are exactly as described on Tripadvisor, if not even better!
"Well, trip advisor never let's me down.", "this hotel is perfecto! It's strategically located in the heart of the city".
You also refer to our roof top terrace, "the view is spectacular!!! Overlooking the entire roman skyline-spectacular!".
Well our staff is known by all as having a very high level of historical as well as modern times knowledge and do not keep it to themselves but love to explain and trasmit to all of our guests all of the knowledge which they have acquired from personal as well as university acquired experience and knowledge.
"the staff is not only knowledgable, friendly and helpful, but outright hospitable! They are there to make your stay memorable-thanks Adam and Matt!"
It is also pleasing to read that you appreciated the bottle of Prosecco which our staff offered to you on your last night's stay with us!
Like to close with, "love this place!!". I would like to answer, "and we would love to have you with us once again!"

Fullerton, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in May prior to a cruise. Booked this hotel based on prior reviews and was not disappointed. Room was not large but decor was very nice and the bathroom was modern. Enjoyed the breakfast and the lady who brought our coffee in the morning was very pleasant. We were able to walk to the Colosseum, the Piazza Navonna & the Pantheon. Had a very good lunch at Salumeria Roscioli which was nearby. The rooftop patio was a real plus. Overall a great experience. Would stay here again.

your title indicates, "EMOTIONS",

"Loved This Hotel"

And this alone sees to it that your stay with us will remain with youfor ever being not just a vacation or stay but a real experience. It is also pleasing to read and I would like to bring this point out that you selected us through the reviews that you read and as you rate,

"Booked this hotel based on prior reviews and was not disappointed."

This confirms that at least the reviews read under out hotel are all authentic and real, written by real guests which have stayed with us.

You also mention our unforgettable roof top terrace along with our unbeatble location which puts one right in the center of where all is at!

Also, I enjoyed that you would stay with us once again and i answer, it would be a pleasure having you with us once again in the future.