Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #17 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Commack, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while in Rome and the location could not have been more perfect! Charming, boutique feel within walking distance to everything. Nice breakfast room. Bedroom was a bit small but had very high ceilings which made it feel more spacious. Great windows that would open up so we could listen to the church bells ringing or music coming from Campo de Fiore. But best of all, an incredible roof deck where we would watch the sunsets, have cocktails and take in the beautiful Rome evenings. Truly a perfect place to stay in Rome. FYI- Coming out of the hotel, make a right into Campo de Fiore and there is a great shop on the corner "Ruggeri's" that sold wine at great prices, cheeses, salami etc. A great place to get items to bring to the roof deck. Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio for €8.40. Fantastic !

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LD2232
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I noticed that you picked off the real meaning of staying with us! Location, Charming, breakfast room, great windows, roof top terrace etc…. Your title,
“Charming boutique hotel with a brilliant roof deck!”
I like that you mentioned the church bells ringing giving a romantic as well as colorful idea of where one stays when with us! I would like to take this moment to share with all of our readers that you should take a look at our website where you can see, read and understand why all of our guests write that they will return. On our website as well, one can find our special offers which can only be found on here and nowhere else and you can selected which special offer is best suitable for your needs.
Thanking you for your review,
The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If I ever come back to Rome, this is where I will be staying. If any of my family or friends go to Rome I will be recommending this wonderful hotel to them. From the very moment I walked into the hotel I was treated like family. I was told that this was now my 'home' for the next three days so if there was anything I required I just need to ask. That sentiment right there set the tone for a wonderful 3 day stay.

Location
Its pretty much perfect and you will struggle to find a better located hotel. Its within walking distance to the big ticket items in Rome and a mere 5-10 minute walk to Trastevere - a vibrant area of Rome famous for its food and nightlife.

Rooms
My room was on par or even a little bit bigger than the standard rooms in Europe. What set this hotel apart from other rooms in Europe however, was the extremely comfortable bed and modern furnishings in the bathroom - particularly the rainfall shower. Additionally, although the Hotel was practically on Campo De Fiori, it was super quiet and each day when i returned after a day of sightseeing - it was spotlessly clean.

Staff
While all the staff were wonderful and always offered to help, three staff members in particular really exceeded my expectations: Adam, Alissio and Ermanno. These guys were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and because of their wonderful customer service, my time at the hotel was extremely special.

Overall, this was by far my favourite hotel in not only Italy but throughout my travels in Europe and you wont regret staying here. Don't forget to go to the Rooftop Terrace. The views are spectacular and try and get up there in the early morning if you can and wake up with Rome!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank agirlfromAus_13
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 12 May 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all, on behalf the whole staff especially Adam , Alessio and Ermanno, I would like to thank you for your beautiful words. I have also noticed that you are from the Australia, which is very outstanding for us because being use to a totally different way of life, having big spaces and coming to Rome, an ancient city which has limited space. Also, you have written 8 Hotel reviews and you gave us the maximum rating, that means that you have experience in travelling and this makes your opinion for us worth more.

Your title “A perfect stay in a perfect hotel” explain it all! We are a Boutique Hotel and such as, we are not big in size but excel in all the rest. We specialize in location, elegance, cleanliness, staff and offer something that 99% of the hotels in Rome can’t, a tremendous and unforgettable view of Ancient Rome from our unbeatable roof top terrace! A view which just this alone is worth a trip to Rome as you state “The views are spectacular and try and get up there in the early morning if you can and wake up with Rome!”

I would like to take a moment to suggest to all of our readers to take look at our website since it is the only place where you may have a special offer regarding the rates and this is always the best way to reserve with us, directly. Also, to fully realize the purpose of your visit in Rome, I suggest you to rely upon our expert staff in advance, who are specialized in organizing pick-ups from and to the airport, in booking guided tours, so as to avoid the stressful lines at the major sites and museums (Colosseum, Vatican).

Saint John, IN
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just spent 6 nights at this wonderful gem and are missing the place already. We had two rooms, one for my husband and myself and one for our adult sons. We were greated and shown to our rooms where we had a snack and bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us. We chose this hotel for its roof top terrace, small size and location, and we were not disappointed. This hotel dates back 600 years so the rooms are on the smaller size but they are richly appointed with brand new bathrooms! The front desk staff will arrange anything you need. They made dinner reservations for us and gave us directions to places that we could shop with the the locals. They serve a beautiful buffet breakfast each morning with the lovely Maria gretting everyone! I miss my long espresso already. The view from the rooftop terrace is breathtaking. We would typically meet up there each evening before dinner with a bottle of wine and some cheeses and meats that we had purchased. What a great way to start the evening. This hotel is in the perfect location. You can walk to all of the major attractions in about 15 minutes. That is if you aren't stopping every 5 minutes to look in a shop window. This was my first time to Rome and it was definitely all that I had hoped for. Hotel Campo de Fiori was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank teachforlife
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 5 May 2015
Dear guest,

I, on behalf of the entire staff, would like to express all my gratefulness for this breathtaking 5 stars review in which you define our Boutique Hotel as a “wonderful gem”.

Having spent 6 nights you have been able not just to see the highlights of Rome, but also to taste what the real roman culture is, and you had the chance to see how everything is walking distance, being located as you said in “the perfect location”.

For us nothing matters more than our guests’ satisfaction. That’s why the staff is always ready to help you in the best way for restaurants, directions, suggestions and anything else to make one’s stay not just a stay but an unforgettable experience, and we are glad to understand that we have reached our aim.

“The view from the rooftop terrace is breathtaking”, you couldn’t say anything more true. Our beautiful roof top terrace gives a stunning 360 degrees view on the historical center of the eternal city and it’s open to all of our guest who want to relax looking Saint Peter and the Vittoriano.

I would like to conclude with your stunning sentence: “This was my first time to Rome and it was definitely all that I had hoped for. Hotel Campo de Fiori was the icing on the cake!”

Thanking you again for the time that you have taken to write these wonderful words about our Boutique Hotel, I to take the opportunity to indicate to all of our readers that I do suggest and highly recommend you to take a look at our website since it is the only way to find special offers, wonderful pictures of our Boutique Hotel and offers for guided tours as well as to be introduced to the overwhelming 2767 years of history of Rome, we highly recommend you to book a professional guide who will help you enormously to deepen your understanding of Rome.

We hope to have you again in our Boutique Hotel.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent 7 nights at hotel Campo De' Fiori during a recent visit to Rome. This is a jewel of a boutique hotel with a perfect location. Whenever we travel we always avoid the large international chains in order to truly experience the flavour and ambiance of the city/country we are visiting. This hotel exceeded even our high expectations. Room #601 is spectacular on the top floor (6th story) with a private terrace and view of St Peters basilica. From the hotel we comfortably walked to all the key locations including the Vatican, the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. Time permitting spend time in Piazza Navona or cross over the Sista bridge and enjoy the beautiful Trastevere neighbourhood. The Hotel arranged for our pickup and return to the airport and booked tours for us including an afternoon trip to Tivoli. Anything you needed they took care of. Truly a wonderful Hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,
The choice of words in your title,
“A Jewel of a Boutique Hotel”
Explain it all! Boutique hotels are not big in size but excel in all the rest and the fact that you have utilized the word, “Jewel” does sum up your stay with us. Not big but shining in all other aspects! I would just like to highlight as well that some hotels shine more than others and I’d like to include us among the top just as you and another 1,400 review writers have!
We specialize in location, elegance, cleanliness, staff and offer something that 99% of the hotels in Rome can’t, a tremendous and unforgettable view of Ancient Rome from our unbeatable roof top terrace! A view which just this alone is worth a trip to Rome.
Our location is so central that our guests may walk to all the sites as you have indicated within a few minutes and this is also an aspect which cannot be forgotten, turning into a time saver being in Rome for a short period. All major chain hotels cannot offer this being mostly located on the outskirts of the city! As you state,
“From the hotel we comfortably walked to all the key locations including the Vatican, the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps.”
I would also like to highlight that you were able to truly touch our style and flavor having been with us for 7 days (1 week!). You had also reserved one of our best rooms located on the 6th floor with a private balcony. We have 3 types of rooms (aside our fabulous apartments located all nearby the hotel) classic, deluxe and top floor with private balcony. All of our rooms are furnished in the same way, offering all modern comforts and elegance and one may just select according to their necessities which room is best for them.
I would like to conclude with your concluding phrase which has become almost a must for all of our guests to write which is,
“Truly a wonderful Hotel and highly recommended.”
Thank you for your wonderful review and we do hope to have you with us again if you ever decide to return to Rome.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed in Rome for one night at the Hotel Camp De' Fiori. This is a no-fuss, first-class service hotel with beautiful detailing in the rooms and located in the center of old Rome.

My wife and I are walkers so we walked to Vatican City (20 minutes) and the Colosseum (25 minutes). Given our tight schedule in Rome, we only visited those two sites, took a quick nap and stepped out into the square which is extremely lively and full of restaurants. After dinner, we came back to the hotel and ended our evening by going up to the rooftop which is MAGNIFICENT. There is no bar up there which didn't bother us at all. We just stood and admired the view for a few minutes before going to bed.

In the morning, we woke up early and after the complimentary breakfast, we stepped back out into the square which had transformed into a fresh fruit and vegetable market (I don't know how big these markets get but this seemed very sizable with at least 25-30 different vendors).

I would highly recommend staying here.

One important point:

- when I say "we walked out into the square", i mean it. You exit the hotel, take a few steps to your right and you are in the Campo De' Fiori: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campo_de'_Fiori.

Happy travels!

Ahmad

3 Thank Ahmad R
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 20 May 2015
Dearest Guest,

We are delighted to read such a marvelous review, summarized by your title, it implies you caught straight away unicity of our Boutique Hotel, which is a “comfortable hotel in prime location”.

It is pleasing to notice that you spent your time writing your 3rd review, this is indicative of your full satisfaction about your experience in our Boutique Hotel.

Being “located in the center of old Rome”, you can really walk to the main spots (Vatican and Coliseum) which are 20 through 25 minutes walking distance from our Boutique Hotel. Then, you can “step out into the square” Campo de’ Fiori, heart of day and nightlife with a fresh fruit and vegetable market open every day.

Also, our main building, with hundreds of years of age and able to drag you into an old world charm and romantic setting, has the privilege of being developed in height, so as to offer a “magnificent” view of Ancient Rome from our rooftop.

I would like to recommend to all our readers to visit our website where you can watch our beautiful pictures of our Boutique Hotel and get special offers about our rooms, as well as to rely upon our staff, expert in organizing pick-ups from and to the airport, and in booking guided tours so as to avoid the stressful lines at the major sites and museums (Colosseum, Vatican), so as to fully realize the purpose of your visit in Rome.

On behalf of the whole staff, we would like to thank you for your 5-point rating and waiting for your comeback to the eternal city.

Denville, NJ
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel just off the Campo is a delightful boutique hotel, that is richly appointed and staffed by friendly and professional staff. Although the rooms are on the small side, due to it being in the Centro Storico area of the city, it is more than made up for by the rooftop where guests can relax after a day of touring and have a drink and see the sightsof Rome from above. The hotel is situated centrally, so that you are in a perfect location for exploration of all that Rome has to offer - Baroque, Ancient, Vatican, as well as the dining pleasures across the Tiber, guided by the staff. Breakfast in the library does not dissapoint, and the laundry service (take out, is reasonable and excellent. Parking for those with a vehicle can be arranged. It is worth investigating and staying at.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
After reading your review I don’t know what to say. It covers all so perfectly. What I would like to do is indicate to all of our readers and hopefully future guests to take a look at our website where they can see exactly what our guests refer to. On our website one may see the photos, location and best and most of all find our “Special Offers” which can be found exclusively on our website to take a look and see what all are talking about!
toronto
Reviewed 7 June 2014

So...this is how a fine hotel operates! Hotel Campo de'Fiori comes pretty close to perfect...for what it is. This is not a modern hotel with clean lines and bright colours. This is a hotel that is so perfectly suited to Rome...and to the specific Campo di Fiori area of Rome it's like something out of a movie. But enough gushing. On to the specifics.
Location:
Perfect. Need I say more? It is a little far from the train station but other than that, you can walk everywhere. Trastevere is a mere 10 minute walk with all of its restaurants and squares. You could not be better located in Rome.
Hotel
The staff is gracious, informative, friendly without being overly familiar. What a great team of professionals! I just mentioned (to my husband) that i forgot my bottle of water in the room and they presented me with a fresh, cold bottle within seconds.
The entire hotel is clean and so comfortable. You feel like you are in the residence of a nobleman. Just beautiful.
The rooms are also spotless and I have to give a special mention to the mattress and pillows. Two weeks away and this was by far the most comfortable bed we were in. Made for a great, luxurious sleep and if all of Rome wasn't waiting outside my door, it would be hard to get me out of that bed in the morning. The washroom was small but very well laid out with every convenience. And the roof top patio...all three split levels are incredible with views of the city that most people never get to see.
If I had to fault this hotel on anything it would be the breakfast. (But not the breakfast room which is stunning or the lovely lady who serves.) The cakes appeared to be grocery store purchases and it was just...ok. Good enough but certainly nothing memorable.
I could not imagine staying anywhere else in Rome. Book it without hesitation but make sure you request the actual hotel since they have apartments down the street, too. Unless you want an apartment...we talked to a couple who were in the apartments and they liked it.

Dear Guest,

We are delightful to read such a positive 5-points review about your stay at our Boutique Hotel. Noticing that you have written 166 reviews, including 38 hotel reviews, we understand that you are really highly skilled in trips and your great review means a lot for us.

“Hotel Campo de' Fiori comes pretty close to perfect”, “The staff is gracious, informative, friendly without being overly familiar”. With your wonderful words you make us feel proud of our continue efforts to make our guests’ stay not just a stay, but an unforgettable experience. Our staff always try to make the guests feel in a warm and familiar atmosphere but keeping stay professional, as you mentioned.

We are glad to understand that you enjoyed so much your room in all its facilities, reporting it as a “residence of a nobleman”. The hotel has been renovated ten years ago to make it a “just beautiful” as you reported. Our rooftop terrace, which offers a 360 degrees on the historical center, is one of the flagships of our Hotel and it’s available to all of our guests that want to chill out watching the sunset over St. Peter’s Basilica, as you experienced.

You noticed our location as “perfect”, Our location gives an extra point to our Boutique Hotel giving you the chance to walk within 30 minutes through 2767 years of history of Rome, being able to reach Coliseum, Vatican and more.

“If I had to fault this hotel on anything it would be the breakfast”. I’m extremely sorry to understand that you didn’t like our breakfast, which is normally appreciated by our guests, however I would like to highlight that we have now refined our breakfast.

“I could not imagine staying anywhere else in Rome” for us it would be a great pleasure to have you again as guest in our Boutique Hotel.

I would like to take the opportunity to indicate to all of our readers that I do suggest and recommend you to take a look at our website since it is the only way to find special offers, wonderful pictures of our Boutique Hotel and offers for guided tours as well as to be introduced to the overwhelming 2767 years of history of Rome, we highly recommend you to book a professional guide who will help you enormously to deepen your understanding of Rome.