“Great apartment off the main square”

Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Bay Area, CA
“Great apartment off the main square”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

There weren't any hotel rooms available for the dates I needed, so I booked the one bedroom apartment just across from the hotel, on the second floor. It was in a great location, minutes from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. The Campo de Fiori plaza was adjoining this hotel location, with fresh fruits and vegetables every morning as well as prepared foods and souvenirs. As for the room, it was good-sized, clean, and had an air conditioning unit which cooled the main room well, the bedroom not quite as well. The bed was quite firm/hard, which I know now to expect in Italy. I loved having a small kitchen but would have loved to be able to have the breakfast, which isn't included to the apartment dwellers. The front office was extremely helpful; they booked me a car to the airport when we needed to leave and had iPads and a printer that I could use to print out our boarding passes. And happily, even though I was across the square from the main hotel, the wi-fi worked very well, which isn't always the case when traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 27 April 2015
Dear guest,

The whole staff joins me in appreciating the time that you have taken to write your opinion about your stay here, even if I don’t really understand your 4 star rating, reading just an issue about
the bed between all beautiful comments.

“Great apartment off the main square”. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed our apartment with its facilities, even if you found the bed “quite firm”. Having chosen one of our apartment you had the opportunity to taste how is to live as a roman and also you were at liberty as if you stayed at your own home.

As regarding to the breakfast it is not included while staying in the apartment just because of the limited space of our breakfast room which is able to accommodate just the hotel rooms’ guests, but that’s why our apartments comes all with a fully-equipped kitchen.

Our “great location”, as you mentioned is “minutes from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon” as for the others sights which are within 30 minutes by walking (Coliseum and Vatican).

“The front office was extremely helpful” The staff of Boutique Hotel Campo de’ Fiori is always ready to help all the guests in the most appropriate manner, suggesting the best ways to enjoy our beautiful city, because for us nothing matters more than our guests’ satisfaction, and we are glad to understand that we reached this aim.

Thanking you again for your review I would like to take this opportunity to indicate to all of our readers that I do suggest you to take a look at our website since it is the only way to find special offers, wonderful pictures of our Boutique Hotel and offers for guided tours, and pick up services, as you enjoyed, to avoid any inconvenience.

We would be happy to have you again as our guest.

The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We rented one of the apartments in the square and could also use the terrace of the hotel. It was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel terrace has one of the best views of Rome from every direction, and the location is central and one can walk to most destinations. it was a fantastic location and we will stay at the Hotel Campo De' Fiori during future visits to Rome.

Room Tip: The square was a little noisy at night but everyone was watching the World Cup at the restaurants an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carmen G
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

noticing 5 hotel reviews and receiving such a positive review only indicates and confirms what all, of our guests state, that thier stay with us is not a vacation but a lifrtimne experience! You selected one of our apartments which are all recently renovated and have all modern comodities as well as being centrally located and as you state in your title,

“Location Location Location!”

This alone allows all of our guests to save time and money by not needing to take expensive taxis and busy over filled buses! Our staff always there for you and who cannot mention our unbeatable roof top terrace! A must for all that come to Rome. You have also indicated as all of our guests that you will return to stay with us and this alone is a win for us! We do hope to ahve you with us in the future and bwe able to host you with our top quality facilities!
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I loved our time at Hotel Campo De' Fiori. The location was so convenient and the staff was very friendly. The room was on the smaller side, but the decor made up for the size. We also liked taking advantage of the roof deck.

If noise will bother you, I'd shy away from this hotel though. Our room was on the square so it was a little loud at night, but we didn't mind!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen A
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I’m very pleased to notice that you did appreciate our location and hotel as you indicate,
“Great location and beautiful hotel!”

But I do want to state that I do not understand the noise situation since our hotel is furnished with extra sound proof windows and this is mentioned in all of the other reviews but of course if you leave the windows open you may hear something being located in one of Rome’s most desirable areas to stay in. Just to remind all that we do have A/C and this may also be controlled directly by you in your room.

I am very pleased to notice that you had a great time staying with us,

“My husband and I loved our time at Hotel Campo De' Fiori. The location was so convenient”

Our staff is known for its’ want to see to it that all of our guests are truly happy staying with us and that all works out smoothly.

Once again when referring to room size one needs to keep in mind where you are and what you are receiving! A historical building from the 1400’s and this isn’t little if I may say so!

Thank you for your review and I do hope on having you with us in the future as many do return!
North Dakota
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wow. If you want a comfortable, welcoming, historic, memorable, impressive boutique hotel for your next Rome visit, Hotel Campo de Fiori should be at the top of the list. There's no question we will stay here on our next visit. From the first email to staff, we received impeccable service and quick response to our questions or requests. Our Italian is limited, and the staff were easily able to visit in English, provide suggestions and getting us information about our interests. We later learned from friends that the Campo de Fiori area is a common place for Americans, and so the local shop owners are quite fluent in English. I believe there are 20-25 rooms at the hotel, and when we were there, the guests we met in the lobby or at breakfast were all from the U.S. We felt much more a part of Roman life than anything as Campo de Fiori is truly at the center of the city. You are about a 30-45 minute walk (with stops along the way) to the Colosseum, Forum and related monuments in one direction. It is about the same amount of time to cross the Tiber River and go to the Vatican in the other direction. When we first arrived, we took off to find the Pantheon and it was about 10 minutes away. Truly you are in the middle of everything. We stayed two nights; be sure to check the specials on the website as you may receive a discount for staying more than one evening. We ate lunch and two suppers right near then hotel and off the piazza. One evening at Da Sergio (small and traditional); another evening on the piazza at Maranega. Exceptional service and excellent food at both! There were two couples in our group; we walked everywhere and felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor (of six). It was easy access to the roof top terrace which you have to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

We are so grateful that a Top Reviewer like you who has spent time writing flabbergasting words for our Boutique Hotel!

I am particularly touched with your quote: “comfortable, welcoming, historic, memorable, impressive boutique hotel”.

I would like to highlight our staff as being attentive making everyone feel at home, and this is the main part of our Job. In fact, Let me take the opportunity to advise you and all our readers to resort to our staff who will take care of your pick-up services and guided tours so as to skip all the long lines.

I am also delighted with your quote: “Truly you are in the middle of everything”. With this sentence you have described more than rightly one of the strengths of our Boutique Hotel.

Our central position gives one the liberty to walk around the historical buildings of the Eternal City, in fact we are located less than half an hour walking from every main spot of Rome, as well as the area we are in is the safest in the city, as you say “we walked everywhere and felt safe at
all times.”

Let me conclude expressing once again my thankfulness for these amazing review on our Boutique Hotel. Having guest like you is an honor and pleasure, for me and all the staff.

The manager
Buckie
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We are just back from 8 nights staying at the excellent Campo de Fiori. The main thing here is fantastic customer service, not just from the reception staff (who always acknowledged us as we passed) but also in the breakfast room and the cleaning and maintenance staff. This excellent service started from well before we arrived when I was communicating with them by email. Our room was a decent size, there wasn't much natural light but it had everything we needed, the bathroom is surprisingly modern compared to the traditional decor of the room itself. The bed was comfortable and the soundproofing must have been excellent as it cut out much of the noise of the busy surrounding area (it REALLY comes alive at night at keeps on until the early hours of the morning). The fridge is a useful feature.

The breakfast was perfectly adequate. The location is superb, about halfway between the Vatican and the Colosseum and within easy walking distance to most of the main sights. A real star feature of this hotel though is the fantastic roof terrace. Its comfortable, the views are amazing and you can take drinks and snacks up there to enjoy. We had a great view of fireworks at Castel Sant'Angelo on our second night! We had a great stay and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IainCDBuckie
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 12 May 2015
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to express all my gratefulness for your amazing 5-star review. Your title highlight the peculiarities of our Boutique Hotel, which are our “great service”, constantly able to make our guests’ stay a once-in-a-lifetime experience, by arranging our pick-up services from and to the airport, and then reserving for you guided tours to the main sights, so as to avoid long lines and have a full understanding of the Ancient Rome.

Also, as you reported, “the location is superb”, as we are nestled in the heart of the historical center you are “halfway between the Vatican and Colosseum and within easy walking distance to most of the main sights”.

Our Boutique Hotel has the privilege of being an historical building dating back the 11th century and culminating with a star feature such as our “fantastic roof terrace” offering “views which are amazing”.

Thanking you again for this amazing review I would like to point out to all of our readers to take a look at our website since it is the only way to find special offers, wonderful pictures of our Boutique Hotel and to rely upon our staff, always able to realize the real purpose of your trip in the eternal city, first by arranging pick-up services from and to the airport, and then by reserving guided tours to the main sights, so which is the only way to avoid the long lines.

We hope to have you once again as our guest in the next future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend in January this year. The location was absolutely perfect. Easy walking distance from all the major sites in a nice neighbourhood. The staff were exceptionally pleasant, provided useful advice and helped make arrangements for us. The rooftop terrace is gorgeous and is a great place for an early evening drink with a view over the whole of rome. The breakfast was also vey nice. Rooms are lavishly decorated, immaculately clean and have excellent facilities. All in all we had a superb city break here and would strongly recommend it. If you go in winter the deals are better, rome is less crowded and it is pleasant to walk around.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard W
Dear Guest,

Having stayed with us in January, this only means it’s time to return! You have indicated and reconfirmed all that there is to indicate being centrally located, excellent staff, clean and elegant rooms, roof top terrace which can only be an extra at no extra cost!
At this moment I would like to take a moment and refer to all that you should take a look at our website where you may find photos, descriptions, locations and most of all our special offers regarding the rates which can only be found on our website. Then if you do decide to take advantage of all of this you will be able to touch directly what everyone that has stayed with us is referring to. Thanking you for your review,
Best regards,
toronto
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is ideally located for visiting all the beautiful sites of Rome. Everything of importance is within comfortable walking distance. The immediate area includes many restaurants, lively bars or quiet streets offering wonderful walks. My girlfriend and I stayed for 7 nights in June and were very pleased with the spotlessly clean room and attentive service. After a minor mix up with room availability, Adam at the front desk, was able to solve everything to our complete satisfaction. The hotel and room was a perfect combination of traditional design and modern convenience. The room had a small balcony with views of the city's roof tops. The staff were always helpful with tours, arranging pick up from the airport and recommending restaurants in the immediate area (which all turned out to be of excellent quality and value - be sure to ask about the restaurant with the woman sitting in the front preparing the daily pasta - just delicious). Hope to have another opportunity to visit Rome and would definitely again stay at Hotel Campo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcusaurelius2
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 20 May 2015
Dearest Guest,

Let me express my gratitude for these amazing words. We feel very proud of reading that you dedicated your first review ever to our Boutique Hotel, which takes on a great importance for us.

Our Boutique Hotel is a guarantee for all our guests, as we provide a service which is one of a kind: this is proved first by our exclusive position, as we are “ideally located for visiting all the beautiful sites of Rome“ including many restaurants and bars in the area. Then, what makes your experience an unforgettable souvenir is our staff, well-trained and constantly empathic with all our guests, as they are able to realize the real purpose of your trip, first by “arranging pick-up from the airport and recommending restaurants in the immediate area”, as well as reserving guided tours to the main sights so as to skip all the long lines.

The entire staff, especially Adam, are grateful for the kind words you addressed to them, this witnesses our efforts to make you feel part of our family.

I would like to take the opportunity to suggest you to visit our website, which is the only way to catch sight of our special offers about our rooms and apartments and wonderful pictures of our Boutique Hotel.

Let me conclude with your sentence “and would definitely again stay at Hotel Campo.”, these words make us so thankful to have guests like you.
Thank you for the time devoted to us and hope to receive you once again in the close future.