“Location-Rome's best kept secret!”

Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #17 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked for the annexe apartment @ Hotel Campo di Fiori as there were 4 of us ( 2 adults, 2 kids) . We reached Rome early morning and were taken to our apartment within half an hour of reaching the hotel. The lady at the front desk was extremely welcoming and gave us quick tips on some of the best breakfast places around the Campo di fiori area. We discovered some very nice eating places thanks to her recommendations :)) The apartment was big and spacious and had double rooms to accommodate us. Obviously, the best part was that the apartment was right on the square overlooking it. ( the hotel is immediately next to the square ). We would wake up to the sounds of the fruit and vegetable market being set up and sleep to the sounds of music and laughter of the diners at the square. Some of the best restaurants and bakeries, are right on the square and almost all the landmarks were within 10-15 minutes walking distance. With two kids, we couldn't have asked for a better place to explore Rome ! If you like to live like a local & feel the buzz of the city (with good service & restaurant recommendations as bonus), go ahead and book Campo di Fiori ..you will enjoy it too !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank RRRNJ
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear guest,
Reading about your stay I can only say that all of our apartments are renovated, offering all modern comforts such as Free Wi-Fi, A/C, Led TV etc… and are thought for offering more space especially for families as you indicate in your review,
“The apartment was big and spacious and had double rooms to accommodate us”
You state “the best part was that the apartment was right on the square overlooking it”,
Did you notice that you were located in the only square “Campo De Fiori” in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!
You also state “The lady at the front desk was extremely welcoming and gave us quick tips”
Our staff is Always there to assist and suggest only the best to all of our guests because our thoughts are that if our guests are happy so are we.

reading your review I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review reading all the positive aspects listed, where are we missing that point?
I would like to conclude as you state “go ahead and book Campo di Fiori ..you will enjoy it too !”
Thanking you for having taken time out to write review,

Warmest Regards,
The manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,566)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Staff: Let me start with the best first. The desk staff here was fantastic. Very friendly, very helpful, arranged all sorts of things for us from tours to restaurant reservations, to car service. They offered to help us book our train tickets to Florence. They went over a map of Rome with us and told us the best way to get to all the sites and where to find the best food. Always smiling. I wish I could give a special shoutout to a couple of them specifically, but I am afraid I forgot names (so sorry)! But really they were all fantastic. (Side note, ladies, they all seemed to be handsome men. Haha)

Location: The hotel is within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The Colosseum being about a 1.3mi walk. There is so much to see in the area that the walks are an experience in themselves. It is just around the corner from a piazza that can get pretty noisy with a younger college-aged crowd at night.

Room: Even though we had a street-facing room, with the windows shut, you could barely hear anything. Also it was HOTHOTHoT during our stay in August but our room was always cool and very comfortable sleeping. The bed was large and comfortable. A small fridge that could fit a bottle of wine and leftovers and a safe. I wouldn't say the room was light and airy... It was very antique-style with darker fixtures and heavy drapery. The bathroom looked newly renovated with a spectacular rain shower head.

Breakfast: Same every morning. Ours was included with our stay. Pastries, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, sliced cheese and meat, fruit, and basic cornflake cereal.

Terrace: Rooftop terrace was better than the photos show. Fantastic views and had several sitting areas where you could sit semi-privately.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret A
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear Guest,

it is always pleasing to read that you have appreciated our facilities and services! For us, it is not just a question of facilities but also a question of hosting which we believe can make a normal vacation into a life time memory! I’m truly happy to see that you enjoyed our location, our room, our breakfast and our staff which are a bunch of happiness but always professional people. We base ourselves on the philosophy of, happy guests happy us!

Thanking you for the time you have taken out for us and hoping to have you once again as our guests.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is situated in a great part of Rome. Extremely central and within walking distance of so many sites. The hotel itself is lovely. Rooms are all quite small, but decorated very nicely. Romantic elegance and just how I hoped my room would be. We are a family of 5 and we had 2 rooms, but the hotel does not have adjoining rooms. Our 11 and 9 year old were in a total independent room, and had we not asked, potentially on a different floor. We have a 2 yr old who I just didn't feel comfortable leaving with big sisters, so just be aware if you are looking for adjoining rooms, this is not the hotel for you. Amazing rooftop patio that you can bring your own cocktail to enjoy. Too bad the hotel hasn't considered putting in it's own bar upstairs as you really can't beat the view.

I was however underwhelmed with the staff. I woke early the first day and went down to the breakfast 30 mins early and was told no when I asked for a coffee. So I sat and waited the 30 mins until I would be served. I guess I feel in a 4**** Hotel that a coffee is not too much to ask. We were a group of 9 and we asked for restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinners upon arrival. Both suggestions on our first day were awful, so we had them cancel the reservations they made for us the following days and the staff got flustered and frustrated. We all got the impression that they had some type of deal going with certain spots -- so we ended up making our own bookings which was fine, but a little annoying to have to do the leg work. The front desk staff is certainly friendly and nice, but maybe just didn't understand what type of dining we were looking for.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beachbella6905

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and having taken time out to express your opinion. You state “the hotel is located in a great part of Rome”, our location is unbeatable being within a 30 minute walk to all major monuments as well as being 5 meters away from the famous and very trendy Campo de’ Fiori. Did you notice that you were located in the only square in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!
You also mentioned “Amazing roof top patio”, our roof top terrace is to be considered a special treat which one receives without paying an extra as many do considering that to have such a beautiful view of Ancient Rome.
Regarding the receptionist’s recommendations, I can only say that maybe you could explain better your preferences as there are many kind of restaurants in Rome. Our staff is always there to assist and suggest only the best to all of our guests because our thoughts are that if our guests are happy so are we.
I would like to end with as you state “All in all, the location and loveliness if the hotel would certainly have me return.”

Thanking you again for your review,
Warmest Regards,
The manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here from July 31st to August 3rd. Very well situated adjacent to the bustling Campo De' Fiori and a 15 minute walk to most of Rome's main tourist attractions.

We stayed in room 201 which was clean, very comfortable, well appointed and surprisingly quiet.

Front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations, teeing up a tour of the Vatican and also for a car service to the airport on departure. For restaurants I would recommend Roscioli which is a 5 minute walk from hotel, Da Giggetto close by in the Jewish Ghetto - a 10 minute walk, or a short taxi across the river to La Fraschetta in Trastevere.

Breakfast is served in the lower level, friendly staff and a good assortment of pastries, meats and cheeses.

The rooftop terrace afforded fabulous views of Rome, we went up each night after dinner to relax.

Will definitely return here on our next visit to Rome.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Goinnn
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear guest,

reading your review I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review reading all the positive aspects listed as well as the fact that you would return, where are we missing that point?. Anyway now I can continue with the rest of the review which I found very positive.
Your title “Perfect Location”,
we are centrally located and better than our location is hard to beat, this is confirmed buy all of our guests, that all is within walking distance.
I would like to take this opportunity to highlight to all that read and do research on our hotel that we are located in the real historic center of Rome, where all the major historical events have taken place since Rome was founded over 2,000 years ago.
With your review you have covered all aspects of your stay also mentioning and confirming what other guests have written in their reviews.
I would like to end with as you state “Will definitely return here on our next visit to Rome”

Thank you for having taken time off and for writing your review,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel Campo De' Fiori is a wonderful hotel, in a great location. The professional young men on the front desk were welcoming and absolutely accommodating for every request, whether booking tours, calling cabs, making reservations or giving directions. Their suggestions were also very helpful. Our room was quiet, very clean, wonderful air-conditioning and the atmosphere was charming. The breakfasts were more than hearty. You could not ask for more choices or quantity. My husband is still raving about the breakfast. Our favorite thing about the hotel though was the roof top deck. How romantic it was to enjoy the panoramic view of Rome, sip a glass of wine and dance to live music, a Frank Sinatra song, wafting from the cafe below. GO, fall in love again! It's Roma and romance.

Room Tip: Perfect location for walking everywhere. Also, it was an easy, very reasonable taxi ride to the Vati...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear guest,
it is always pleasing to read that you have appreciated our facilities and services! For us, it is not just a question of facilities but also a question of hosting which we beleive cxan make a normal vaction into a life time memory and as you state,
"My husband is still raving about the breakfast"
This is our goal. Of course you took advantage of our unbeatable rooftop terrace, which all of our guests rave about and justly! That night you were able to also assist to a special song coming from the famous plaza located a few meters away and this added to an already perfect evening.
Your title,
“Oasis in Rome”
just can't be beaten as a description of your stay with us. This is a current thought of many of our guests. I woulkd also like to conclude with your final phrase,
It's Roma and romance.
and I can say that you are right because if you write "Roma" backwards adding an "e", you read "Amore"! = Love!
Thanking yopu for your kind review,
warmest regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We just finished a 3 night stay at the apartments (C4). Adam, Esteban and, Valentina are great hosts and made us feel welcome. The location is perfect...close to all major tourist sites making walking the city a viable option when the sun is down. We were here for a holiday prior to a mediterranen cruise.
The only downside i can say is that the apartments while spacious, is 4 floors of steep steps. Makes it tiring to climb up and down daily and with suitcases to haul, it can be a challenge.
All in all, enjoyed the place and would certainly recommend.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank dongres
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Reading your title,
“Perfect location, great service”

Perfect location also indicates being in the ancient part of the city meaning 1400’s and therefore no elevator due to restrictive architectural laws. I do believe that being within a 20 minute walk to all major monuments is a lot more important than anything else.
“The location is perfect...close to all major tourist sites making walking the city a viable option when the sun is down.
All of our apartments as you stated are,
“i can say is that the apartments while spacious”
Reserving our apartments one receives, space, location, hosting, all modern comforts and this alone makes a vacation a real pleasure.
I suggest to all of our readers to take a look at our website to understand all that one really receives reserving with us!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Situated right in the heart of Roma it is the perfect place to stay to walk and spend a relaxing time exploring the city sights and shopping. Plenty of restaurants / bars nearby to choose from. Can be quite noisy out in the piazza, however the rooms are air conditioned with good quality windows to provide comfortable sleeping. The staff are great and very happy to provide helpful tips and assistance including bookings. Rooms are clean and comfortable and serviced daily. Continental Breakfast down stairs is limited though good quality and very friendly service.

Room Tip: We had deluxe room and was spot on for 2
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry M

service.
your title,
“In the right spot”
says it all! It impliments-time saving to reach all major monuments,money savings so you don't need to take expensive taxis or buses to rwch the major monuments meaning all is within walking distance. This location puts you right in the middle of the Roman and International action in the centre of Rome. What more can one ask for?
Our hotel although situated in a building dating back to the 1400's, meaning you will be staying in a historical building, has all major comforts and makes your stay a beautiful stay tasting what it means to be in an important building in Rome as well.
Thanking you for your top review.