“Superb pleasant location .. Ideal for the fabulous sights of Rome .”

Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Superb pleasant location .. Ideal for the fabulous sights of Rome .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Once deciding on Hotel Campo De Fiori, the whole experience was first class. From my very first email to the hotel i received nothing but courteous helpful information. No enquiry was a problem so much though that by the time we arrived we had a great agenda for our 4 day stay. On our arrival Gianluca was a perfect host and this continued throughout, regardless of who was on the desk. Their help in directing us to a number of sights was invaluable. The roof top balcony has fabulous panoramic views across Rome which we were able to enjoy at our leisure. The room we had was small but stylish and not restrictive for the length of time we were staying.

Our visits to the Vatican and the Colosseum (Roman Forum) will live long in the memory.
(Be sure to purchase entrance tickets beforehand, while i would also recommend guided tours to fully appreciate their splendour)

All in all we had a fabulous time in Rome and a lot of this was due to the Hotel Campo De Fiori.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Martin H
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Your title “Superb pleasant location .. Ideal for the fabulous sights of Rome ” , we are centrally located and better than our location is hard to beat, this is confirmed buy all of our guests, that all is within walking distance. We’re located between Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful baroque squares (1600’s), Piazza Farnese, the most important renaissance palace drawn in part by Michelangelo (1500’s) and Piazza della Cancelleria which is the most important palace of 1400’s. What more can one ask for?
You state “the whole experience was first class” and also “On our arrival Gianluca was a perfect host and this continued throughout, regardless of who was on the desk” this means that we can make a normal vacation into a life time memory! Our staff always there for you and who cannot mention our unbeatable roof top terrace! A must for all that come to Rome.
I would conclude as you state “The room we had was small but stylish ”A small room, well in reality our rooms are normal if not even bigger than the average European size rooms but then what does one desire more? A bigger room outside of Rome or a normal sized room in the Ancient part of Rome? I think you already know the answer.

Thanking you for your top review,
The Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was a magical few days. Hotel apartment was in such a great spot. Easy to walk to all the best places like the Vatican or Forum. Need good walking shoes but no problem. Lots of lovely ally ways to explore. A hive of activity outside the apartments so if you like to go to bed early it's not quiet but it tends to quieten down by midnight. Daily service to room is welcomed. The hotel roof top is so romantic. Armed with wine, cheese, olives etc. to watch the sun go down and listen to the evening activities get louder and louder is exciting and bizarrely made me think of Hitchcock's 'rear window' . Would return in a heartbeat. Great staff at hotel too. One downside of Rome was the amount of graffiti that was everywhere. Not on the monuments but lots and the number of smokers everywhere including restaurants. Can overlook though.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank transiptrip
Dear Guest,

You state “Hotel apartment was in such a great spot” says it all! It implements time saving to reach all major monuments, money savings so you don't need to take expensive taxis or buses to reach the major monuments meaning all is within walking distance. We’re located between Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful baroque squares (1600’s), Piazza Farnese, the most important renaissance palace drawn in part by Michelangelo (1500’s) and Piazza della Cancelleria which is the most important palace of 1400’s. What more can one ask for? I’m truly happy to see that you enjoyed our location, our roof top terrace, the hotel, the apartment and our staff which are a bunch of happiness but always professional people. We base ourselves on the philosophy of, happy guests happy us!
We do hope to have you with us again as you state “Would return in a heartbeat”.

Thanking you for your max review,

Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant staff - very friendly, helpful with restaurant recommendations and booking. Slightly more expensive than the average hotel but the difference in ambience is worth it. Breakfast included. Great location, walking distance from most places. Spectacular roof terrace - brilliant views and a complimentary bottle of wine from the hotel made a perfect start to our holiday! Thank you so much.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

You state “Brilliant staff”, “Great Location” and last but not least “Spectacular roof terrace”,
a few words which cover all aspects of a perfect stay with us. Also the few words have been selected with cure having noticed that you have already written 11 hotel reviews! Thank you, but to get 4 to 5 lacks 1 point, now you should explain what means 1 point for you and what should we do about it. For instance 4 points of 5 in “Position” is not comprehensible being ourselves located just in front of the Theatre of Pompey which was built in 56 b.C. where Julius Caesar has been assassinated in 44 b.C! We’re located between Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful baroque squares (1600’s), Piazza Farnese, the most important renaissance palace drawn in part by Michelangelo (1500’s) and Piazza della Cancelleria which is the most important palace of 1400’s. What else?
I would also like to indicate to all of our readers that I do suggest that you take a look at our website since it is the only place where you may have a special offer regarding the rates and this is always the best way to reserve with us, direct.
I would like to conclude with your title “Lovely stay at the Campo de Fiori”
Thanking you again for the time you have taken out for us and hoping to have you once again as our guests.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked for the annexe apartment @ Hotel Campo di Fiori as there were 4 of us ( 2 adults, 2 kids) . We reached Rome early morning and were taken to our apartment within half an hour of reaching the hotel. The lady at the front desk was extremely welcoming and gave us quick tips on some of the best breakfast places around the Campo di fiori area. We discovered some very nice eating places thanks to her recommendations :)) The apartment was big and spacious and had double rooms to accommodate us. Obviously, the best part was that the apartment was right on the square overlooking it. ( the hotel is immediately next to the square ). We would wake up to the sounds of the fruit and vegetable market being set up and sleep to the sounds of music and laughter of the diners at the square. Some of the best restaurants and bakeries, are right on the square and almost all the landmarks were within 10-15 minutes walking distance. With two kids, we couldn't have asked for a better place to explore Rome ! If you like to live like a local & feel the buzz of the city (with good service & restaurant recommendations as bonus), go ahead and book Campo di Fiori ..you will enjoy it too !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank RRRNJ
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Dear guest,
Reading about your stay I can only say that all of our apartments are renovated, offering all modern comforts such as Free Wi-Fi, A/C, Led TV etc… and are thought for offering more space especially for families as you indicate in your review,
“The apartment was big and spacious and had double rooms to accommodate us”
You state “the best part was that the apartment was right on the square overlooking it”,
Did you notice that you were located in the only square “Campo De Fiori” in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!
You also state “The lady at the front desk was extremely welcoming and gave us quick tips”
Our staff is Always there to assist and suggest only the best to all of our guests because our thoughts are that if our guests are happy so are we.

reading your review I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review reading all the positive aspects listed, where are we missing that point?
I would like to conclude as you state “go ahead and book Campo di Fiori ..you will enjoy it too !”
Thanking you for having taken time out to write review,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Staff: Let me start with the best first. The desk staff here was fantastic. Very friendly, very helpful, arranged all sorts of things for us from tours to restaurant reservations, to car service. They offered to help us book our train tickets to Florence. They went over a map of Rome with us and told us the best way to get to all the sites and where to find the best food. Always smiling. I wish I could give a special shoutout to a couple of them specifically, but I am afraid I forgot names (so sorry)! But really they were all fantastic. (Side note, ladies, they all seemed to be handsome men. Haha)

Location: The hotel is within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The Colosseum being about a 1.3mi walk. There is so much to see in the area that the walks are an experience in themselves. It is just around the corner from a piazza that can get pretty noisy with a younger college-aged crowd at night.

Room: Even though we had a street-facing room, with the windows shut, you could barely hear anything. Also it was HOTHOTHoT during our stay in August but our room was always cool and very comfortable sleeping. The bed was large and comfortable. A small fridge that could fit a bottle of wine and leftovers and a safe. I wouldn't say the room was light and airy... It was very antique-style with darker fixtures and heavy drapery. The bathroom looked newly renovated with a spectacular rain shower head.

Breakfast: Same every morning. Ours was included with our stay. Pastries, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, sliced cheese and meat, fruit, and basic cornflake cereal.

Terrace: Rooftop terrace was better than the photos show. Fantastic views and had several sitting areas where you could sit semi-privately.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret A
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Dear Guest,

it is always pleasing to read that you have appreciated our facilities and services! For us, it is not just a question of facilities but also a question of hosting which we believe can make a normal vacation into a life time memory! I’m truly happy to see that you enjoyed our location, our room, our breakfast and our staff which are a bunch of happiness but always professional people. We base ourselves on the philosophy of, happy guests happy us!

Thanking you for the time you have taken out for us and hoping to have you once again as our guests.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a great part of Rome. Extremely central and within walking distance of so many sites. The hotel itself is lovely. Rooms are all quite small, but decorated very nicely. Romantic elegance and just how I hoped my room would be. We are a family of 5 and we had 2 rooms, but the hotel does not have adjoining rooms. Our 11 and 9 year old were in a total independent room, and had we not asked, potentially on a different floor. We have a 2 yr old who I just didn't feel comfortable leaving with big sisters, so just be aware if you are looking for adjoining rooms, this is not the hotel for you. Amazing rooftop patio that you can bring your own cocktail to enjoy. Too bad the hotel hasn't considered putting in it's own bar upstairs as you really can't beat the view.

I was however underwhelmed with the staff. I woke early the first day and went down to the breakfast 30 mins early and was told no when I asked for a coffee. So I sat and waited the 30 mins until I would be served. I guess I feel in a 4**** Hotel that a coffee is not too much to ask. We were a group of 9 and we asked for restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinners upon arrival. Both suggestions on our first day were awful, so we had them cancel the reservations they made for us the following days and the staff got flustered and frustrated. We all got the impression that they had some type of deal going with certain spots -- so we ended up making our own bookings which was fine, but a little annoying to have to do the leg work. The front desk staff is certainly friendly and nice, but maybe just didn't understand what type of dining we were looking for.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank beachbella6905
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and having taken time out to express your opinion. You state “the hotel is located in a great part of Rome”, our location is unbeatable being within a 30 minute walk to all major monuments as well as being 5 meters away from the famous and very trendy Campo de’ Fiori. Did you notice that you were located in the only square in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!
You also mentioned “Amazing roof top patio”, our roof top terrace is to be considered a special treat which one receives without paying an extra as many do considering that to have such a beautiful view of Ancient Rome.
Regarding the receptionist’s recommendations, I can only say that maybe you could explain better your preferences as there are many kind of restaurants in Rome. Our staff is always there to assist and suggest only the best to all of our guests because our thoughts are that if our guests are happy so are we.
I would like to end with as you state “All in all, the location and loveliness if the hotel would certainly have me return.”

Thanking you again for your review,
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here from July 31st to August 3rd. Very well situated adjacent to the bustling Campo De' Fiori and a 15 minute walk to most of Rome's main tourist attractions.

We stayed in room 201 which was clean, very comfortable, well appointed and surprisingly quiet.

Front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations, teeing up a tour of the Vatican and also for a car service to the airport on departure. For restaurants I would recommend Roscioli which is a 5 minute walk from hotel, Da Giggetto close by in the Jewish Ghetto - a 10 minute walk, or a short taxi across the river to La Fraschetta in Trastevere.

Breakfast is served in the lower level, friendly staff and a good assortment of pastries, meats and cheeses.

The rooftop terrace afforded fabulous views of Rome, we went up each night after dinner to relax.

Will definitely return here on our next visit to Rome.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Goinnn
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear guest,

reading your review I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review reading all the positive aspects listed as well as the fact that you would return, where are we missing that point?. Anyway now I can continue with the rest of the review which I found very positive.
Your title “Perfect Location”,
I would like to take this opportunity to highlight to all that read and do research on our hotel that we are located in the real historic center of Rome, where all the major historical events have taken place since Rome was founded over 2,000 years ago.
With your review you have covered all aspects of your stay also mentioning and confirming what other guests have written in their reviews.
I would like to end with as you state “Will definitely return here on our next visit to Rome”

Thank you for having taken time off and for writing your review,