“Truly Amazing!!!!”
Review of Deko Rome

Deko Rome
Ranked #7 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I booked one night as a birthday surprise for my partner after reading the incredible reviews on here and to be honest had very high expectations. How pleased I was when they were not only met but significantly exceeded.

Don't expect the usual format of a "hotel" per se as this isn't that. This is more like staying with old friends. Marco and Serena are passionate about what they do. When you arrive they sit you down and help explain the entire lay out of Rome with tips and hints about what to see and where to go. A locals guide if you like that you wouldn't get anywhere else.

The room itself was immaculately clean, very modern and the use of a complimentary I-pad a genius idea if you ask me. The location is also pretty much perfect placing you in the heart of Rome minutes from Via Veneto, Spanish steps and the Trevi Fountain.

We will definitely be returning to Rome as it is such a beautiful city and would not stay anywhere else. I honestly do not believe some of the "5 star" hotels could match the overall package you get at Deko Rome. Exceptional!!

My only word of advice about Rome itself would be to watch out for the Taxi drivers, there are clearly some very unscrupulous characters about as we had a torrid time with three in particular and almost had to go to the police about fare over charges etc...

Anyway, Rome was beautiful and so was our stay at Deko rome, I just wish I had booked more than one night now!

3  Thank Paul M

Reviewed 12 May 2012

My wife and I stopped over in Rome for 2 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon and based on the reviews from Trip Advisor we decided to stay at Deko Rome. The hotel and Marco and Serena more than lived up to the reviews and our expectations!

We arrived at the Hotel at 9.00am after the long flight from Australia to be welcomed by Serena whom after making us a fantastic espresso and crossiant spent a good half an hour going over the map of Rome and highlighting the areas best worth visiting. As with other guests she also gave us some great tips on where to find the best gelato etc and made some excellent restaurant reservations for us! We were also able to check in early which was very much appreciated after the long flight.

The rooms have been beautifully decorated by Serena who studied Interior Design at University and with Marco's background in Hospitality it's a match made in heaven! It is without doubt the personal touches and level of thoughtfulness that make this place special.

Both Marco and Serena were an absolute delight to deal with from our initial email communication with them to book the accommodation right through to our departure. We were sad to leave them so soon and will definitely be back at Deko Hotel next time we visit Rome!

Marco and Serena, if you are ever in Australia please let us know!!!!!

Julian and Carrie xx

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I, along with another couple, stayed at Deko from 29 April - 1 May 2012. This was a trip to celebrate my 50th birthday and we selected the Deko due to the wonderful endorsements on this website. It certainly lived up to expectations.

The accomodation itself is small, an office floor that has been converted extremely well into a boutique hotel. I shant describe it much further due to the fact that others have done so extremely well prior to my submission. Suffice to say though, the unique selling factor of this property is the personal touch of Marko and Serena.

Once I had booked Marco was in contact straight away to offer a pick up from the airport in an E Class mercedes at a reasonable price. This worked very well and we were dropped at the premises where we were met by a young girl member of staff as Serena, who was on duty, was busy with departing guests. The hotel is on the second floor and there is an old style lift, which holds 4 maximum. Unfortunately, the girl put us in the lift with our bags and it broke down! Dont do this!

Having made it into the premises a few minutes later, Serena,gave us a drink and started to run through the area and point out many restaurants and tips for a great stay on a map. This is helpful and very informative. If I were to be critical, you get it without consultation on arrival, no matter when you arrove or how far you have travelled and we saw guests from New York receive this input at 2330!

We were then shown to our rooms which are very comfortable and exceptionally clean. We had a small gratis bar which was restocked daily and use of an Ipad in our room. We were advised to lunch at a small restaurant two blocks away where we found other guests who had just checked in and marco buying his lunch! Marco then sent a small glass of lemoncello to each of his guests at the restaurant. This underlined his level of customer care.

Throughout our stay, marco and serena worked exceptionally long hours. Their personal touch, continual offers of free drinks of wine etc, are most welcome. The breakfast is plentiful. Their restaurant recommendations were all first class and I will review them seperately. Of greatest value and experience was Osteria Zi'Mberto where Uri Geller was dining on the night we visited.

If I had one criticism to level, the premises are so small and guests arriving at all hours liable to be sleeping that you are continually told to whisper, making a slight naughty school boy feeling evident - but that is a small gripe. Location is first class, a taxi rank is across the road and buses and metro are handy.

Finally, we discussed with Marco his plans and he said that at some point they might try and obtain more property in the building and expand. That may change the dynamic as the personal touch is certainly their strength. If you have the chance to stay here....do so!

Marco, Serena, thanks for a memorable visit.

5  Thank neville r
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I'll give the notice in English for a maximum of person can understand.
We left in love with my wife in Rome this weekend of May 8 2012. Our arrival was made by Serena who offer us a drink and spend more than half an hour to explain the sights to suit your desire on a Map.
Marco the other manager is just as symaptique and they will do everything they can to make your stay pleasant.
Your are surprise This may seem to have so many positive reviews but when the guests are friendly, they must make pub.
Thank you again to Marco and Serena all the little touches that make us feel almost like home.

Pascale and Philippe de Paris (France)

2  Thank Philippe S
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in this amazing guest house at the end of march! Marco and Serena are great hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them. We were greeting with wine and a helpful overview of Rome, best places to eat, where to get the best ice cream and tiramisu and places of interest. We took all the recommendations and had a amazing holiday with the best food! Having restaurants booked for us and taxis organised made our holiday even more relaxing! We would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience the non tourist side of Rome as well as the usual tourist sights!

We hope to visit again soon x

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maddield
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Recently stayed here with my daughter, Marco and Serena run this hotel, they are fantastic hosts. They guided us on the best restaurants and places to see, the do's and dont's of Rome. My daughter is studying in Italy and Serena was so good speaking in italian with her. They are a very generous couple with their time and making us capuccinno's, pouring glasses of wine, cocktails, they love to chat and are passionate about what they do. In our room was a free mini bar, and Ipad to use for the duration of our stay. We left our suitcases in the hotel on our check out day and I had to come back and change, Marco let me use one of the rooms to change. Nothing was a problem. Hotel was spotless, rooms cleaned each day and mini bar refilled each day. It was like being with good friends and I would definitiey stay here again. Thanks Marco and Serena, Ciao.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JoeSligo
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My (now) fiance and I stayed at Deko Rome for a long weekend back in November. Marco and Serena are a cool, laid back young couple who made our stay as easy as possible. We were welcomed on arrival with a glass of Prosecco and a guided tour of a map of Rome at the bar. Marco pointed out all the places we should be going (and a few we shouldn't); He arranged bookings for restaurants and taxis and his recommendations were always spot on. I was relaxed enough to propose to my girlfriend in our room on the second day!
Rome is a beautiful city and great for a short break. Deko is ideally located, clean, stylish and good value for money. All in all we had a fantastic and memorable weekend, during which our hotel and hosts played a significant part. We look forward to returning sometime soon....
Mark & Faye