“Lived up to the reviews!”
Review of Deko Rome

Deko Rome
Ranked #5 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
london
“Lived up to the reviews!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I was really looking forward to my holiday in Rome after reading the other reviews of Deko on here and I am very pleased to report that not one of them are over-exaggerated. You expect to take the gushing reviews with a pinch of salt, but Marco and Selena are absolutely fantastic. They go out of their way to make sure you see the best that Rome has to offer. I was able to queue jump and have insider tips to negotiate the main sites while spending romantic sunsets in out of the way bars off the tourist route. All the restaurants were fantastic - and of course personally booked for you by the guys at Deko at a time convenient for you. The attention to detail and to your every need was on par with the leading hotels of the world - I should know with a 6 year career in events and working with/staying at hotels all over the world. I would only ever stay at Deko again when I definitely return to Rome. Thanks Marco and Selena!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2012

wonderful little hotel (guest house) with 6 rooms, friendly and helpful staff and close to buses and subway, so you can walk to or visit everything in Rome. Close to Borghese Gardens, Spanish steps, shopping on Via Venuto and restaurants/ average price is reasonable (about 180 Euros per nite). Clean and well appointed.

Room Tip: get the suite at the back, for the most room, and a quiet and restful night/ no noise and the shutte...
1 Thank gitta45
Sydney
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We visited Rome as a result of a cruise we did around the Mediterranean and the ship finished in Rome.

We booked Deko Rome as a result of Trip Advisor and were a little unsure of it immediately but found the whole experience worthwhile. I first touched base with Marco from Deko Rome via email after making inquiries and he put me at ease immediately. He recommended the one bedroom room which was more like a suite and very large by european standards.

Everything was first rate and classy for such a place. Marco and his partner in crime Serena were the perfect hosts for our 2 night stay there. Marco made us coffee after check-in and gave us a map and a few circles of where to go and also to find the best gelato around. He was right too plus we stumbled upon a few other places too that was good too.

The best pizza in Italy can be found around the corner (another recommendation from these amazing hosts) and their friendship and advice was worldly as well as fun and easy.

This is not a 5 star hotel with room service and a pool but a classy B&B which prides itself on first class service with a smile. I hope to be back in Rome with my partner, soon to be my wife, and on our honeymoon in 2013. We would dearly love to get back and visit these new found friends who manage Deko Rome and be spoilt again and again.

Great position, great brekky, great coffee, great wine at night and great everything.

Be daring and try it....we did and we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Spare the expense and go for the 1 bedroom suite/room - it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Best deal in town! We stayed for 5 nights on our honeymoon in Rome. Location was excellent...a short walk to shopping, spanish steps, and borghese gardens. Marco and Selena remained the key to exceptional dining, and assisted with our sightseeing plans and restaurant reservations each day. Even on our day trip to Florence, Marco obtained reservations for us at a superb restaurant there. Even more, Serena went out of her way to assist one of my family members staying at another hotel, when he lost his camera in a taxi. An IPAD in the room was a perfect touch. Taxis cost 10-15 euro to any destination in the city. This place is a perfect hub for exploring the city. There were no negatives about Deko Rome; and the only recommendation I would make is to consider switching the beds from two twin matresses to one larger king or queen matress to avoid separation at night. Bottom Line: when I return, I will be staying at Deko Rome.

2 Thank Matt_Amber_2012
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Simple and modern decor, a good value for the money, and the recommendations of Serena and Marco were invaluable. Email them and let them plan your stay, let them recommend your tour guide, your restaurants and sit back and enjoy. Loved the ipad in the room too! So nice to stay there and have a very simply decorated room, in contrast to the baroque style you see when you are touring. Also, the breakfast was lovely. Make sure you find out how much a taxi should cost and tell the taxi driver that you know how much it should cost.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbc44
Sydney
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at Deko Rome with my husband and mother for 4 nights in September.
It was our first visit to Rome, and Marco was just fabulous.
He took all of our 3 bags upstairs, which after a long flight from Australia was wonderful.
He then sat us down with a map of Rome, and picked out his selections for food, gelato, shopping etc.
The rooms are very modern, in a very quite area, and you feel extremely safe with a police station and the U-S Embassy nearby.
It's wonderful to have use of an Ipad during your stay, and at the end of your day, Marco brings out some Prosecco to share with all the guests, which is lovely.
Serena's breakfasts are a wonderful way to start the day, and she's also really helpful.
Marco recommended a local restaurant called San Marco, and the food is just fabulous - I'm still dreaming about the ravioli with porcini mushrooms, truffles, sage and burnt butter sauce - just wonderful, and really well priced.
He also suggested having a drink on the rooftop terrace of a nearby hotel, which was also great.
I researched a lot of places to stay, and am so happy that I booked Deko Rome - I would recommend the place to family and friends, and will definitely stay there on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family