“Great location”

Ranked #498 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great location”
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Really great spot near the Spanish steps and lots of other main attractions in rome, first impressions of irooms when walking into the building for the first time was oh no, but once you actually get into the iroom reception it's pretty nice. I felt that I booked and paid for the izen room which was the nicest one on the web site but got put into a similar but not the exact room as advertised. I wouldn't say breakfast was included as you had a free drink and croissant across the street but anything on top of that you paid for. It's a shame because this little place is so close to being brilliant with a few little tweaks ie the tv didn't work and the jacuzzi bath was kind of worn out, this place would be superb. On the whole I paid for the best room they had and for the same money I could have probably stayed in a bottom end room at the hassler. In heinsight I probably would have don't the latter. Having said that it is a really cool place to stay and a brilliant idea with the iPads and led strip round the bed and jacuzzi hot tubs. The girls who work there are really friendly and it's a great base to explore rome.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Γιαννιτσά, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The room was...futuristic! Free I-pad, free high speed Internet, 3D Super TV! The mini bar was also free.
The girls were very very warm. Zaiga and Sylvia the first day and then Nanu (she speaks and understands Greek)! We really appreciate their hel.
Now as for the location... 2 minutes walking from the Spanish Steps. 3 minutes walking from Via Condoti. 5 minutes walk from Piazza del Popolo.
Everything was great. The next time I will visit Rome, I will sure stay again at the I-Rooms Sanish Steps!!!
As for the breakfast, although I-Rooms has no restaurant, the bar just across the road, La Buvette was AMAZING. The BEST Espresso (so far)!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 November 2012

It was my boyfriend’s birthday so I thought of surprising him with a 2-day trip to Rome. As this was our first time in Rome I wanted to make sure everything was perfect and romantic and that’s why I booked irooms with no hesitation. And that’s exactly how it was. Zaiga is simply amazing. Two months even before our arrival we were exchanging emails about our room and giving me ideas of how to prepare a small surprise for him on his birthday. As soon as I called to say that we had just arrived in Rome I was immediately greeted with excitement like I had a friend waiting for me and I was told that I had a surprise waiting for me. Getting to irooms is no problem - just find the Adidas store in via del Corso and take the small road across and follow the numbers until you come to 32 opposite café La Buvette. When we arrived Zaiga was there arms wide open the most cheerful and friendly receptionist in the world and a warm hearted person full of energy and passion. After giving us all the information we needed to know she surprised us by upgrading us to the iroom. What a lovely surprise that was!!! A modern, clean, spacious, luxurious room with everything one could ask for and even more…huge comfy bed with funky led light system under the bed, nice pillows, fridge with complementary drinks and chocolates, a huge Jacuzzi and an ipad.. we immediately loved it!!! Breakfast is served at the café La Buvette which is opposite and iroom residents are allowed any 3 items each…we had a delicious sandwich, a cappuccino and a huge piece of brownie and it was indeed a very fulfilling breakfast to kick off the day.. On returning we were greeted again by Zaiga who was more than willing and helpful to give us directions of how to get to places. Please note that irooms are situated at the most convenient spot in Rome, just a few steps from the famous piazza di spagna, fontana di trevi, and the metro station while everything else is just a walk away in this fabulous eternal city..(we took the hop on hop off bus but we enjoyed more walking until our feet couldn’t take it any more and the Jacuzzi was certainly a must after all!). In the morning Zaiga was more anxious than me to prepare the room for my boyfriend’s birthday and after we returned from our tour of the Vatican and sightseeing around Rome what a surprise again..The bed was full of red rose petals with a hearts in the middle, a bottle of chilled prosecco wine, chocolates, and my personal message written with lipstick on the mirror together with two huge pieces of the brownie that I had told before Zaiga that we really enjoyed from La Buvette were waiting for us in our red lit room..My boyfriend really touched and loved it. We were both so sad to leave early next morning (Zaiga even prepared our breakfast from the night before) but we have promised to return soon. Although it was such a short break we enjoyed every minute of it thanks to the unbelievably great hospitality of Zaiga who made our stay such a wonderful experience never to forget. Thank you Zaiga so much.. One last word: Take my advice: Don’t look elsewhere it is indeed the BEST place to stay when in Rome!!

Room Tip: iroom is fantastic...had a glipse also at icube is smaller but looks comfy modern and stylish
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livelifeasaholiday
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Very nice , comfortable and amazing location , in few minutes you are everywhere in the central Rome ...piazza di Spagna, piazza del popolo and all fashion style road !!
The price acceptable.
You feel at home ....the rooms are little smaller as you can espect..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn at the Spanish Steps very much. It was very clean,comfortable & in walking distance to great shops & restaurants. The service was wonderful & very helpful with everything. The breakfast servered was out standing a great variety.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Padua, Italy
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Very close to Piazza di Spagna, at 5 minutes walking from metro station, this B&B offers comfortable rooms provided of wide bed, jacuzzi, TV and an ipad. Free choice of beverages and snacks are available in the fridge. Breakfast is offered at the Buvette a risto bar in front to irooms. Very kind and nice the two girls managing the B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the iRooms, we had the larger triple room, it was clean and comfortable. The room included a jacuzzi and bath robes and a full set of toiletries.
The service was absolutely unbeatable, whilst they did not have a 24hr reception, the lady at reception was there most of the day and she was so, so helpful with everything!
Breakfast was also nice, which was had in the (public) cafe downstairs, and when we mentioned that we were leaving before breakfast the next morning, we were packed a breakfast the night before which was so kind and thoughtful!
Probably my one and only criticism is that they try to do too much whilst skipping over some functional details, such as not having proper glasses in the room available (only plastic ones), and putting a bidet in a toilet that was much too small to fit a toilet as well. But these things did not detract from having an enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family