“Very good sushi in Rome, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,750 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grottaferrata, Italy
“Very good sushi in Rome, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

There is a fantastic menu with sweet included. Sushi was strepitous, but the time for waiting too long, it's tipically italian.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This place is great. The food was freshly prepared and the service was terrific. The restaurant was spotlessly clean and you could tell that the fish was fresh. Not the cheapest lunch around compared to the Italian cafés and restaurants in the area however if your looking for something different then this is worth it.

Visited January 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Fresh, generous, no frills sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our last night in Italy, we were looking for something non-Italian to eat, and, there it was..a sushi bar on a corner in the middle Rome. No fancy rolls, mostly simple Nigiri, but very fresh and in generous proportions. Not very expensive, for Rome.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smoozella
Barrie, ON
“Great Lunch at Daruma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went to Daruma Sushi for lunch. We don't have a bad thing to say about it. Staff was nice, service was good, sushi was excellent. We liked how there were different options for menus. We chose the one (possibly a lunch menu?) that you could choose 1 dish from each of the 4 sections. I had spicy

Visited October 2013
Rome, Italy
“FINALLY GOOD SUSHI !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I've lived in Rome 3 years now and, God, do I miss good sushi. I've had excellent sushi at Hamasei (Spanish Steps) and Doozo (Monti) but those places are very expensive and not close to home. I've been desperately looking for a decent local (Piazza Bologna) solution - with all the mediocre and downright revolting sushi around my area (Harusaki; see review) I've almost given up hope. And I'd been avoiding Daruma Sushi because it's a huge chain. Well, I finally caved today and took some sushi out, so here's the verdict: the staff was really, really sweet. They were all (about 4 people running around) cheerful, efficient, friendly - and friendly with each other, which is always nice to notice. I don't know what they are like as waiters, but, ordering out was a quick, pleasant deal. The sushi - I got a set for 12.50 Euros called "New Special" which consisted of 6 salmon nigiri (they are actually all mixed but, it wasn't a problem to get all salmon instead) and 4 california rolls. Excellent price for Rome. I was given ginger, the wasabi, the soy sauce, the chopsticks (sounds obvious, but, apparently it's not always the case- again, see other review) and the sushi were just GREAT. Great fish, great taste. Seriously, I'm so pleased I want to run over and give the staff and Chef a hug. Thanks for a great dinner- I'll be back!

• Visited June 2013