“Excellent Roman hospitality, delicious food and great value for money.”

Hostaria Trevi da Aldo e Armando
Ranked #2,474 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent Roman hospitality, delicious food and great value for money.”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have just returned from a week in a very cold Rome. My husband and I were here last year at the same time and visited the Hostaria Trevi then also. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The service is relaxed and friendly and the waiters are very helpful. We ordered off the Tourist Menu and were not disappointed on any of our three visits. The tourist menu was 18 Euro per person and included bread, wine/water, pasta, main course and a dessert of fruit or cheese. Whilst the Tourist menu is not as vast as the main menu I was able to have lasagne off the main menu for no extra charge. We did not have a dessert on any of our visits but then had a cappuccino as part of our deal. I can highly recommend the Roman Chicken and the grilled steak. Will definitely go back to Hostaria Trevi if I ever return to Rome.

• Visited February 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Florence - Italy
“A tourist trap”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We should have known better being Italian residents and not tourists but, with our hotel in the area not far from the Trevi Fountain, we walked along via del Lavatore looking for somewhere to eat true 'Roman' dishes. Taken in by the fact that it presents itself as a Hosteria that serves the 'old style Roman cuisine', we decided to eat there. We had been talking about and savouring in our minds the famous Roman artichokes all morning. When they were served, they were so salty, we had to send them back. My son's dish of roast chicken came with peppers that simply seemed to have been taken out of brine in a bottle without being rinsed off before being put on his plate - in a word, awful. My 'milanese' tasted like fish instead of veal and my husband's salad was old and tired. We never got as far as dessert and coffee...enough was more than enough!

• Visited December 2011
Ashdod, HaDarom, Israel
“A very authentic Roman restaurant in the heart of Rome”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Armando is an elderly guy who runs the restaurant, and his passion for food and quality service is evidant. Despite his age, the guy never sits down to rest - He's either looking and passing near the customers to make sure that they are satisfied, or worriedly observing the Italian news channel.

The restaurant is located right next to the Fontana di Trevi, a very touristy area. However, it offers a very authentic experience - Nothing too fancy; simply homey decor and very down to earth, unpretending food - which was delicious; The pastas, ravioli and fish were fantastic. Armando even made us some meatballs which weren't on the menu, just because we stated we felt like eating meatballs. He was delighted to hear that they were exceptionally tasty.

For dessert, the Tartufo bianco (Icecream in Espresso) was awesome. Armando also spoiled us with a free of charge Limoncello after our meal (A quite uncommon gesture in Rome). The price of the meal was very reasonable.

If you're looking for an exceptional, elite standard culinary experience and atmosphere - this surely isn't the place. But this is a great spot for an authentic & very tasty Roman meal. My colleagues fell inlove with the place, which was right outside our hotel, and returned for a lunch on a daily basis.

• Visited November 2011
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
“Delcious Food, Nice Atmosphere, Near Trevi Fountain”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Most of the food we had in Italy was not very good and the portions were small. NOT SO at this restaurant. My children ordered the spaghetti and it was a nice-sized portion with quite a bit of meat and sauce in it. I had lamb which was served with potatoes. The lamb was very tender and the potatoes very flavorful. My husband's steak was also good. If we ever get a chance to go back to Rome, we will definitely eat here again. Indoor and outdoor seating.

• Visited October 2011