“One of our Rome highlights!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Food Tours of Rome

and up
Jewish Ghetto and Navona Food Wine and Sightseeing Tour of Rome
Ranked #7 of 211 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Food Tasting Tours of Rome and Cultural Walking Tours of Rome, Italy
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our Rome highlights!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We did the usual tours of Rome and loved them, this however added a special twist and added bonus to our experience in Rome. Tony was our guide, very easy to talk to and especially listen to! Very knowledgeable not just about the food and wine but also about all the areas we walked through, we loved it! The regional/seasonal foods we tasted were great. Would definitely recommend this to our friends and family to experience

1 Thank Lindsay S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A MUST tour when in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great food and wine. By far THE best food tour Ive done. Our guide Tony was very engaging and knowledgeable and made this one of the highlights of my trip. I would recommend this tour to any of my friends traveling to Rome. Worth every penny!!! thanks again Tony!

2 Thank Shiela B
Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This far exceeded our expectations. Tony was outstanding! My husband and I took our 16 year old daughter and we had a wonderful time eating and learning the history of many sights in Rome. The food was delicious at each venue. Our group met at an easy to locate restaurant in the Jewish Ghetto. We began with Northern Italian appetizers that included a buffalo mozzarella cheese plate, arugula salad, prosciutto, bruschetta, pasta and two kinds of Northern Italian Wines. Then off to another establishment for fried jewish artichokes; then pizza and beer from a famous pizzeria; next different wines to complement Italian soups, pastas, seafood and meats at an establishment built on ruins over 2000 years old; southern italian desserts; the most fabulous gelato; and finally any coffee of your choosing from Sant' Eustachio. But the best part of the tour was Tony's knowledge of the history of the Pantheon, Pazza Navona, Jewish Ghetto and much more. So wonderful to see Rome nightlife with a local! Must do, you will not regret!

2 Thank Queenbee925
Winter Park, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Best part of our trip to Rome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I attended the foodtoursofrome 3 days ago and it was amazing. Not only did we get to learn much about the history of rome during our tour but we got to sample food that was representative of many places in Italy not just Rome. My personal favorite was the canonolis we sampled at Nonna Vincenza. I ran back inside to buy seconds before the tour left for its next location. After the tour we received a list of recommended restaurants and bakeries that have been excellent so far. I highly recommend this tour. Tony, our tour guide was amazing. He was funny, patient, helpful, and very knowledgeable about roman history. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Rome just to see what different dishes will be served the next time my wife and I take this tour.

Staffordshire, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A fantastic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went on the evening walking food tour with Tony on Tues 22nd April. It was excellent and we enjoyed it so much! It was our first day and time in Rome and I certainly feel like it was the perfect start to our break. From this we had an idea of area, some sightseeing and an introduction to Italian food.

Tony was our guide and he was knowledgeable, fun and friendly. We learnt so much about the campo de Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto areas. We went to several restaurants, delis and eating shops! We sampled starters, mains, speciality dishes, pizza, Jewish style artichokes, ice cream, Italian coffee (hot chocolate for me!) and Italian pastries. Alongside sampling these delights we were told facts about the area, food, etc. It was a great night and we sampled other restaurants, delis and shops suggested by Tony. These were really good too.

We wanted to say a big thank you to Tony as this was excellent and we will recommend your tour to anyone who is visiting Rome. It was definitely one of the best things we did.

1 Thank RCashmore