“One Fine Day~”

Alnax Limousines Tours
Ranked #35 of 232 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: A journey through the history of arts in Rome, Florence, Naples and not only, that will give you a glimpse of one of the world’s most scenic landscapes. Our tours of Italy are designed in order to allow the tourist get in touch with Italy’s main historical and cultural features, all the way up to the magic of our cuisine. From town to town, we will follow your itinerary to be wherever you want us to be.
Timaru
261 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“One Fine Day~”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have travelled solo, joined large tours and personalised tours for eons and admittedly, this has been one of those unexpected tour that left a lingering smile on my face. I didn't know beforehand if he's going to drop me there and that I would be left to my own device or that he would accompany me. It so happened that he was right by my side the whole time. Furthermore, he liked to negotiate through short cuts to enable me to get to my destinations sooner rather than later:) You warmed up to Alex immediately as he's an affable person and he took a genuine interest in people. I think the most important thing of all is his absolute passion and affection for his profession and his heritage (rightly so). He picked me up in a large van (Benz Vito) and it's comfortable but what mattered is that he's a confident driver that maneuvered the road with aplomb without compromising the safety of his passengers. Every time I asked questions, Alex would answer them but he didn't stop there. He would then linked up his story with other places of interest in Roma or Italia. Alex would encourage me to visit those places in my own time & that he would provide me with hints of things to look for. Talking about an interactive experience, this is as good as it gets. I wouldn't go that far to proclaim Alex to be a real life version of Wikipedia but he's truly competent with history. He's wildly entertaining too with his insight on live music (a passion that we both share) and the list goes on. I spent half a day with Alex as we treaded through Villa Adriana and the Necropolis at Cerveteri and I have already started plotting of our next (mis)adventures together in the near future. As I said to Alex before I left, the highlight of today is not places that I visited but Alex himself! Alex does provide a comprehensive list of places that his company could take you but he's also able to organise a personalised package for you too. Because he's got a nine seater van, he's able to drop you right in front of places of interest literally! There are more restrictions with commercial buses of where they can stop. Alex's English is impeccable (with American twang). Alex is also the owner of the business and so, any inquiry that you may have online, he would answer them rapidly. And so, the personalised service started even before the tour began! Highly recommended!!

Visited December 2013

Oakville, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If you only have one day in Rome call Alex!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were flying out of Rome after a wonderful vacation in Tuscany. We decided to overnight in Rome since we had an early flight the next day and we thought we would try to get a sense of what we might want to see when we came back. We were talking to friends and they said "You have to call Alex!"
They were absolutely right! We had Alex meet us out at the car rental drop off and he did wonderful job of touring us through Rome in less than 8 hours. We got a chance to see the Trevi Fountain, a tour of the Vatican, the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the Spanish Steps, as well as a running commentary about life in Rome and life in Italy while we visited wonderful viewpoints.

Alex had a great delivery; a mixture of history with humour that was informative and entertaining for everyone in a group which was a wide range in ages.

So if you have only one day to spend in Rome, call Alex!

Visited August 2013
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Private transportation tailored to your needs”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I hired Alex to take me, my mother and my niece on a private tour of Rome. As we had already seen several places on our own he suggested other sites that were not as easy to reach via public transportation including a piazza with a panoramic view of Rome and a drive through Trastevere. Alex also coordinated our day with a private tour of the Vatican and advised me via email about how to handle purchasing tickets online to save time. As we were in Rome during a heat wave we ended up hiring Alex to take us on a day trip to the Amalfi coast so we could ride in air conditioned comfort and see spectacular scenery without worrying about driving, parking and finding the best places to shop and eat - Alex took care of all that. Our day trip from Rome included stops in Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. I would definitely recommend Alex for touring Rome and it's surrounding areas. He is very knowledgeable, and can help travelers make the most of their time in Italy.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great service! Excellent tour!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We used Alnax last summer as we cruised through Italy. Alex was superb. He picked us up at port each morning in Rome, Florence and Naples and gave us a wonderful experience. Alex was knowledgeable and super friendly. He recommended great restaurants and took us to the best spots. He also safely navigated through the cliffs of Amalfi Coast. We were very happy with the service and glad we didn't book direct through the cruise line as the price was reasonable. We would recommend this company to friends and family!

Visited October 2011
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trips to Pisa/Pompeii and Positano/Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We were on a lovely Mediterranean cruise and took advantage of Alnax Tours to arrange 2 1-day tours, covering Pompeii, Pisa, and Positano/the Amalfi Coast. The tours were lovely full-day tours. We got back to our cruise ship safe and sound. The sights were stunning. Alex certainly knows his way around these tourist areas of Italy. His English is excellent and his Italian is pretty good too! Very friendly and professional, patient, very responsive to suggestions and willing to modify routes to allow us to see what we want and for how long we want. The one thing we would have liked a little more is explanations of what we're seeing. Sometimes we had to ask for more, but his narrations were generally very good and he knew his stuff. Good prices too. Would definitely recommend him for North Americans and Brits travelling around Italy. He also does tours in Rome (but we didn't try that this time since we've been to Rome before and knew our way around well enough to select what we wanted to see there on our own).

Visited October 2011