Gran Melia Rome
Hotels.com
US$244
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$211
Agoda.com
US$1,590
US$847
1,529 results
All reviewsred levelpremium roomred glovepool arearose petalsbeautiful hotelclose to the vaticanlovely poolprivate gardenjunior suiteluxury hotelnespresso machinebreakfast buffettiber riverour honeymoonbusy cityeternal city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights at the end of our week and a half long trip to Europe. Although I had spent countless hours obsessing over hotel choices in other cities, I chose the Gran Melia in Rome in about 10 minutes. It is a brand new resort with a beautiful outdoor pool within walking distance to all the sights. We got a great rate on their website – and my husband and I remarked that within a year, the rates will probably double as the hotel becomes popular and well known.

Check in was quick and the front desk person was very friendly. She wished us a happy anniversary, as I had noted it in our reservation. I did this on each hotel booking throughout our trip, but the Gran Melia was the only hotel that acknowledged it. We were informed upon check in that we had been upgraded at no charge from a deluxe to a premium room. The upgrade was much appreciated.

The hotel room was immaculate, spacious and extremely modern. There were cookies waiting for us compliments of the hotel. There was a large king sized bed that was very comfortable. The view was pretty much non-existent, as it looked out over some sort of service entrance with the gardens beyond, but I’m sure it was an upgrade from the view in our originally booked room. The bathroom was definitely the highlight of the room, with heated floors, the most amazing shower ever (there were two spray jets – one vertical and one horizontal), and fully stocked with lots of amenities including Clarins products.

The pool area was very nice. I had hoped to use it more, but since we were only in Rome for 3 nights, I couldn’t justify spending time at the pool. We were able to use it the first day - and it was a glorious feeling to jump in the pool after a long day of sightseeing in the heat. We returned home from dinner on our first night to find two glasses of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in celebration of our anniversary. This was a nice touch. We received turndown service every night with candy and rose petals.

I was a bit disappointed with the concierge at the hotel. We approached the concierge on our second night and requested a suggestion for somewhere near the hotel to get pizza. She looked at me with a confused look on her face and told me that she didn’t know. I found that a bit strange. Then I asked her for restaurant recommendations in Campo de Fiori for our last night in Rome. This time I was met with a disgusted look and told “No, I don’t know any restaurants there, it’s too touristy.” I wanted to respond, um, we’re tourists. But I suddenly felt very stupid for suggesting an area beneath the hotel’s usual clientele. In all honesty, I would have readily accepted her advice (and ultimately did) if it had been delivered with a little more tact. Despite this one incident, we received excellent service from all of the hotel staff.

The location of the hotel was excellent. I had been concerned that it was too far on the outskirts from the center of Rome, but everything was a 20-30 minute walk. We walked everywhere in Rome and never used public transportation or taxis. The area around the hotel felt very safe and we had no concerns returning to the hotel late at night.

We had a great stay in Rome and would 100% recommend the Gran Melia to future travelers looking for a luxurious city oasis.

2  Thank JennyG123
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at new Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, appreciating our service, staff professionalism and above all the little "touches" we like to give to our guests to turn their stays into unforgettable moments.

On the other hand we we are sorry to learn that you did not have a good experience as to the concierge service, as we always provide to suggest the best places in the city.
What we generally aim to is to understand our guests' needs in order to "tailor" the best experience for them outside the Hotel.
We have shared your comments with the department and I'm sure that we will be able to meet your expectations in the future, during your next visit to the Eternal City...

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon...

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The ancient Romans have nothing on the guests at this hotel. Along with beautiful decor and large rooms and bathrooms there is a gorgeous pool, hydro-pool and spa amenities such as mood showers, steam room, sauna and relaxation area included in your room fee. And there is delicious breakfast on the terrace. This is a resort in the middle of a huge city- totally unheard of in Europe. I will definitely return to this hotel. The service is first rate and all the associates super helpful, They respond to requests immediately. Also, there is a Nespresso machine in the room- I love that! And a bottle of still water delivered to your room free each day. AND rooms in the front of the hotel have a view of the gardens and St. Peter's dome at night- just beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the entrance and the view of St. Peter's. And superior rooms are great, with a desk and two chairs with table. Super comfy king bed in my room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank TravelMavenFlorida
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your positive comments about your recent stay at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.

We are extremely happy to know that you had a lovely stay with us and we were capable of transmitting you our passion for job.

Really looking forward to welcoming you back in our Luxury Urban Resort soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

As others have mentioned, a wonderful oasis and sanctuary from a bustling city. We were concerned this property would be a bit too off the beaten path, but found it to be very well-located. We enjoyed easy access to dining in the Trastavere neighborhood and a very quick walk to St. Peter's. Service was outstanding. We're grateful to the concierge staff which referred us to two excellent restaurants (Dal Poeta and Taverna Trilussa). The property is lovely with quiet grounds and excellent views and the rooms are extremely well-appointed with a clean, modern design.

2  Thank Edgingin
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We are extremely pleased that we were able to turn your stay in Rome into an exceptional experience, as it means our main objective.

Thank you very much for your kind words about our service and those addressed to our concierge personnel, which is part of our exclusive RedGlove Department.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the historical heart of the Eternal City and let to conitue your dreamy experience with us...

Reviewed 4 September 2012

The garden entrance is beautiful. Love the Clarins amenities. Inside the hotel feels clean and new. I especially love the design of the lobby where you can sit and wait. They have the freshest breakfast of prosciutto, fruits and the sweetest little red tomatoes. Staffs are friendly and nice and they upgraded the room that has a really nice view. I like the wooden floor inside the room, not carpeted. Bed and pillows are crisps and new.

The downside is they have this huge painting of a person, suppose to be art decoration but my daughter did not even want to sit near to it. She finally slept in the extra bed provided. Also, I thought the complimentary water was already provided when we arrived just like what other hotels would do. Turns out, they provide the water during turndown in the evening and it is sparkling water, which we are not really fond of. No big deal, just a small little thing.

Overall, our stay in Gran Melia still left a good impression. I am really glad they opened this hotel in Rome as I was worried of the other old hotels or small chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pkelly990

Dear Guest,

We are really happy to learn about your pleasant experience at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.

Our aim is to fulfill our special guests' expectation and give them true experiences while living the magic of such a unique city like Rome...

Looking forward to welcoming you back in Rome to let you keep enjoyeingt the roman Experience...

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

A lovely experience at a resort within the boiling hot city centre! Having such beautiful gardens and a pool to come back to after a day sightseeing was amazing. We had the Red Level experience - which means you have a private concierge and a free bar between certain times in the evening. All amazing touches. We had great service at the hotel - from the bell boys, restaurant and bar staff and the front desk. A special thank you to Andrea for being such a fun host and recommending great places to eat. What a warm and friendly person you are; the Melia group is lucky to have you on their team.

The rooms are very modern and ours was spacious. The bed is very comfortable. My only negative comment is that the circular bath is style over practicality. It looks amazing - but was actually rather stressful to use twice a day!

The food at the hotel was a little hit and miss. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful - but the lunch we had was not very nice and a little overpriced for what you got.

The staff at this hotel are so friendly, the hotel is so clean and smells amazing and the pool is just wonderful. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to go back next year.

Dear Guest,

thank you for the time spent in sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.

We are very pleased to know that you fully anjoyed the RedLevel Service, especially addressed to such guests looking for something really special and exclusive...

We just hope to welcome you back soon to let you continue your lovely experience with us while visiting the unique Eternal City....