So it is a 5* hotel and at least there should not be any concerns at all ... But what ever it is to complain about should be at a high level.
Hhmm ... that's what I am not sure about.
Is it high level complain when:
- it is not possible to get a confirmed reservation for two rooms with connecting door with an upfront time of more than 6 weeks?
- they serve you wrotten strawberrys a real whole bunch not just one or two, even when it is called complementary ?
- when you come back from your morning trip and your room is not ready after 2pm ?
- when you need to ask for room's turn-down service at night; just to make sure they won't start doing it after you went to bed?
No, I don' think it is. It is a 5* NOT a 3* hotel.
And it is obvious that it has got all other things, you would ask for at a 5*:
- beautyfull location, outdoor pool, SPA, good restaurant
- a lot of helpfull personal who make you feel comfortable
- Maria and Fernando at Red Glove Service and all their frindly a nice colleagues
It is a real pity that all the efforts of everyone working there we got in contact with - and all we met were warm, frindly, helpful and made us feel very wellcome - were subverted by an obviously organisation and a snooty, arrogant management, as we learned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New opening in 2012 of the exclusive resort Gran Meliá Rome, located in the historical and cultural heart of the Eternal City. Discover a luxury hotel located just 5 minutes walk from the Vatican and 15 minutes from the principal attractions of Rome (Piazza Navona, Campo di Fiori, Panteón, Castel Sant´Angelo or the popular neighbourhood of Trastevere). Experience the magic of classic Rome and enjoy this Garden of Eden in the very heart of the city, which is located in the old Villa Agrippina, belonging to Emperor Nero’s mother.In our 116 elegantly decorated rooms and deluxe suites, you will enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the Vatican, Castel Saint Angelo or the beautiful gardens. You will have full facilities available to you, with elegant bathrooms, free WIFI Internet, Clarins® luxury amenities, Nespresso® coffeemaker, Ipod Docking Station, all in your room. Spectacular hydromassages, terraces and private gardens in superior categories. All rooms include access to our YHI Spa & Wellness Centre, Melia Hotels own line of Spas.Discover a unique hotel in the city and experience the most exclusive and personalised luxury of our RedLevel service, our Boutique within the Hotel. Elegant traditional décor with surprising avant-garde touches and luxurious details will make your stay a unique one. Italian and international haut cuisine, creative and signature gastronomy, magnificent private botanical gardens, spectacular terraces and panoramic views of the centre of Rome combine to conjure up a magical setting.This spectacular deluxe resort located on the banks of the romantic Tiber River, is surrounded by a 7.500 m2 park, outside pool and hydromassage with Vitality Pool. Its impeccable personalised attention and butler service, magnificent YHI Spa and Wellness Centre, sauna, interior relaxation area, Fitness area with personal trainer, Beauty Centre, gastronomic areas and fashionable lounge, will change your concept of a deluxe resort in the centre of Rome. Enjoy this Paradise in the centre of the most romantic city in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Melia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Melia Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.