“Amazing, book it, and you won't look back.”
Review of Gran Melia Rome

Gran Melia Rome
Ranked #98 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I don't normally write on here if I'm honest, due to being an extremely busy person and for perhaps not truly seeing the need to write a review of how my ravioli was cooked or whether there were enough pillows on my bed. Nevertheless my stay at the Gran Melia in Rome however, compelled me to write this review. I am 19 years old, and this was my first stay in Rome. Perhaps me and my girlfriend just got lucky, or perhaps every hotel in Rome is completely perfect beyond anything I've ever come across before, who knows. My stay at the hotel was amazing, perhaps one of the nicest trips I've been on. Maybe you'll read this, maybe you won't, but if you are planning on booking this hotel, do so. Book it and do not look back, it will be the greatest decision you'll make in a long while. That's all you need to know.

Scott Williams.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank scottwilliamss
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for transmitting us your positive feelings about the recent stay at Gran Melia Rome Villa Agrippina.

We are extremely pleased to realize how amazing it was your experience with us!

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your future visits to the Eternal City, to let you continue your experience with us...

Kindest Rgeards,

There are newer reviews for Gran Melia Rome

Reviewed 8 September 2013

From the moment you drive through the gates of this former convent you know you have found something special. Exquisite grounds, inviting resort pool, poolside cafe and restaurant and a beautiful mix of classical Roman and contemporary decor welcome you. The front desk was friendly, helpful and solicitous. Surprisingly the food at the cafe where we had our first nights dinner was finely prepared and moderately priced. The buffet breakfast was opulent and included in our tariff. Anastasia at the front desk was charming and helpful in providing recommendations for dinner as well as walking directions. The clientele was obviously very European and although we were just a couple there were many families enjoying what the hotel had to offer. Our room was compact and had a odd layout especially the closet and bathroom..but the ambiance certainly made up for the lack of closet space. We will definitely return to the Gran Melia.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room if possible. New enjoyed our view of the pool area and grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for the time spent in reporting your feedback as to your recent stay at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience while visiting such a unique city like Rome, and that you appreciated both our facilities and staff professionalism.
Thank you for the kind words addressed to Anastasia, one of our Front Office Agents, which I provided to share them with, since your recognition represents a reason of pride and great motivation for our daily job.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Gran Meliá Rome to let you continue your unique experience in the historical heart of the Eternal City...

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great hotel away from hustle and bustle. Great rooms and service.Within close proximity to the Vatican and able to get the City tour buses at the Vatican piazza.
Pool area amazing relief from the July sizzling sun. Shuttle service available to the city centre but traffic in Rome is always a problem so plan to cater for traffic delays.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest,

we wish to thank you for the precious time spent in sending us your feedback about your recent experience at Gran Melia Rome Villa Agrippina.

Your opinions are valuable for us to improve our services and help to make each journey a real experience…

We are glad to realize that you lived a pleasant stay with us while visiting the Eternal City, where we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This beautiful hotel on the west bank of the Tiber River is truly an oasis in the hub-bub that is Rome. We walked to the Vatican and ancient Rome (not in the same day). In the late afternoon we took a dip in the pool. The room was beautiful. The gym was a size reasonable for a European hotel. The buffet breakfast was bountiful.
The issues I had were with the staff who did not live up to a 5 star standard. It took 30 minutes to get a 12 Euro bottle of beer delivered to my chair at the pool side. When I asked to print out my boarding pass, I was told there was no computer available for guests to use. I was offered an I-pad after I signed an agreement to pay the hotel 600 Euro if I broke or did not return theI-Pad. Then it would not print to the designated printer so the concierge had to use his computer to print out our boarding passes after all.
We arranged a tour through a tour company that the hotel recommended. We were told that our hotel bill would be charged 70 Euros per hour for a minimum of 3 hours even if our tour was shorter (our tour lasted 2 1/2 hours). I was therefore surprised when at check out I was charged 490 Euros for a 7 hour tour. Instead of the gentleman at the front desk correcting the erroneous charge (no one could spend 7 hours at an archeological site in 98 degree F. Rome summer day, he said he could not do anything since his manager was not present. After reasoning with him for 5 minutes, he did finally reduce the charge to the 3 hour minimum.
I felt at several times during our stay that the staff have been instructed not to trust the guests. I think with some customer additional service training, a very good hotel could be transformed to a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for providing us with your feedback after your recent stay at Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina.
We highly value our guests’ comments in order to improve the level of service we strive to offer our guests.

Since we take the comfort of our guests very seriously at Gran Melia Rome and all we aim to is ensuring our guests to receive more than the high quality service they expect, we specifically focused on the little issues you raised, sharing them with the Management and the departments directly involved, so to further strenghten our procedures.
That's why we are grateful for your support.

I am particularly surprised about the perception you had as regard to our young staff who is continuously trained towards the warm attitude and professionalism which have always represented our greatest asset.

On the other hand, we are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay overall and we do look forward to receiving you back soon to make your experience havenly...

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'm almost tempted to not rate this hotel because I dont want to share the secret. Perfectly located if you want to combine luxury with quiet but still be very close to all the best of Rome's attractions. Its only a 15 minute walk to St Peters, and short cab ride to others. The outdoor pool setup is unique in Rome, and the quiet is really nice after a busy day touring, you'll sleep well here. Costs are outrageous, but the hotel has unique features that are unmatched in Rome.

Room Tip: best rooms with views are on the two top floors on the northeast and west corners, red service worth...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for sharing "your secret" letting everyone know how wonderful was your experience at Gran Melia Rome Villa Agrippina!

We are extremely pleased to realize how much you enjoyed everything, particularly appreciating our Red Glove Service we like to personalize our guests’ stay with, to make their moments unique and specials...

Really looking forward to welcoming you back soon and let you continue your memorable experience in the historical heart of the Eternal City...

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was absolutely blown away by the resort and its service , me and my girlfriend spent 7 nights here and enjoyed every minute of it , the staff were polite and helpful even going out of there way to get me tickets for a lazio game .
cant wait to come back

Chris

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank montana9900

Dear Guest,

we wish to express our gratitude for taking the time to report your wonderful experience at our Luxury Urban Resort, which you define as amazing.

We are extremely pleased to realize how much you enjoyed the Gran Meliá Rome Villa Agrippina experience.

Thank you so much for the kind words addressed to the staff professionalism and warm attitude aiming to make each moment at Gran Melia Rome as Eternal and Memorable as the City hosting us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and let you continue your unique experience in the historical heart of Timeless Rome…

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here with work last year and just getting round to writing review. Cracking hotel. Very clean, no issues whatsoever. Room was excellent, comfy bed fantastic shower and bathroom. Even though my window looked out onto the street it was very quiet. The bar was good, very relaxing chairs and in an excellent location to get to all of the Vatican attractions etc.
Some very good restaurants nearby too. I never ate in the restaurant but i heard it was lovely.
Now it is expensive due to it being a 5* and due to its handy location. But it is good if you could afford it.

Room Tip: Don't know.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Captain_hooha
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to report your feedback as to your Gran Meliá Rome Experience.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay appreciating service and location.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and let you keep enjoying your the Eternal City staying at our Luxury Urban Resort...