“Liars! Food "REALLY" sucks!!!!”
Review of Zio Mario

Zio Mario
Ranked #10,545 of 13,337 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 30 January 2013

There was a gentleman outside the restaurant who stated that everything on the menu is 5 Euros and since my girlfriend and I were looking for something good to eat for an affordable price we decided to give it a try. What a big mistake!!!! As soon as you sit down you are given a menu where all the prices are within the 20+ Euro range, so we decided to order 2 different pizzas and let's just say Pizza Hut and Papa Johns would have been an upgrade. My girlfriend ordered a pizza that was described on the menu to have an Alfredo sauce with prosciutto and corn. What she got in reality was a pizza with Oscar Meyer ham, corn, and coffee half & half poured all over the pizza. I ordered the Margarita pizza and the sauce was just plain tomato paste, the mozerella cheese was by far the worst in Rome, and there was no basil like the menu said it would have. Save your money, time, and stomaches for other restaurants. There are so many good places to eat in Rome but unfortunately Zio Mario is definitely not one of them. It's an Italian restaurant in Rome owned and ran by a bunch of Indian people from Bangladesh. No offense to Indian people because I love Indian food but it's like going to a steakhouse owned and operated by a bunch of vegans.

1  Thank will f

Reviewed 17 January 2013

we tried the pizza, spaghetti, sea food, tiramisu, everything was excellent. average prices, tips included on the invoice.

Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

This was the one open place that I've found open after Messe of Christmas. I ate a Margherita Pizza (nothing special) and 2 soft drinks... 20 euros!!! Wow!!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

A few steps from here you will find something else - anything better than here. A coffee and pastry costs less than 3 euro in Rome, but here they charged me 12 for same on a paper napkin on a rickety metal table on the sidewalk. Their reaction to my disappointment was obnoxious, tossing the menu in front of me (about 20 pages) telling me in no uncertain terms to read it and weep. Three of the staff got involved in telling me in Italian that it was my problem if I couldn't read it and they don't care if I go somewhere else. Even if you want to be insulted with your meal... go somewhere else.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

The rip off merchants at Zio mario charged us €4 cover charge to sit down even though it was nearly empty,they don't go by the prices on the menu they add their own little extras,horrible food rude staff stay clear

Been to Zio Mario? Share your experiences!