“Private tour worth the price!”

Key Rome and Vatican Tours in English
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Key Rome Tours offers exclusive private and corporate tours & events in mother tongue English, German, Italian & more. We cover all of Rome, the Vatican and Italy upon request. Over 15 years experience in the Eternal City.
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I toured the Vatican with Marc Manser 5 years ago on a mother daughter trip. When I returned home, I told my husband that he had to visit Rome because I knew he would love it. We finally did a trip to Rome with his mother and aunt (80's), our 11 year old and his 10 year old cousin. I was able to find Marc again with Key Rome and he was even better than I remembered. The first day we did a car tour of most of the big sites. We could all really visualize the buildings as they once existed. It was a good pace and lots of fun. The second day we did the Vatican which is my personal favorite. He adds so much texture to what you are seeing with back stories and historical context that it really makes it something more than a tour. His ability to keep the elders and kiddos engaged at the same time is impressive. He would give info that was clearly of interest to the various groups to keep them interested. My son thinks he is amazing and is still talking about the Swiss Guards. It isn't always feasible but as a Catholic if you have the opportunity to go to the Vatican - I highly recommend you spend the extra money for a tour with Key Rome. You just don't "see" the Vatican without the tour and watching these huge groups attempt to follow just isn't the same. The other tour was really cool but I can't imagine the Vatican without this tour! Extra bonus was the "locals" restaurants he sent us to and amazing food!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Marc, and Key Rome Tours, did a terrific job introducing this city to us. Marc was very thorough, at the same time he was very astute in reading our interest level and energy for the subject at hand. In 2 1/2 days we covered a huge amount of history and art...but we were never bored or overwhelmed. It was a fantastic tour of Rome. We would not hesitate to recommend Marc and this company, and we will most certainly use them again in the future. He was excellent at the "little" extras, maps, restaurant bookings, advice, we felt we had a "guardian angel" on the ground.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The day at the vatican was a wonderful and memorable experience for all of us. Thanks to Marc we were guided swiftly through the crowds and pointed towards all the highlights of the vatican museum and the sistine chapel. Marc has a richly layered knowledge of Rome and the vatican in relation to time and the rest of the world and shares it with passion and humor. Our group consisted of kids, teenagers and adults who were all enthralled by his stories. A special day for all of us.

1  Thank F H
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Marc was the most wonderful tour guide I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Sadly, all tours will fail compared to the one I had in Rome. His tour of the Vatican was nothing short of excellent. He pointed out things I don't even think the Pope knows (not to be disrespectful - I love the new Pope).

He also took us to the Borghese museum. What an eye opener on good art, bad art, and tacky art. You have not experienced Rome until you have shared it with Marc Manser!!

1  Thank Vivi G