“Misleading and Overpriced!”
Review of Eddie's Fun Roma

Eddie's Fun Roma
Ranked #285 of 836 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the fun alternative to standard site seeing tours in Rome! We provide vacationers with a rare opportunity to experience Rome as a local resident. Our tours are specifically designed for introducing your group to locals who assist in providing an exciting and genuine adventure of their city. The most fun and fastest track to learn about a foreign city is by interacting with the people who live there. With Eddie’s Fun, we deliver you directly to the action!
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Whenever my husband and I vacation to different cities in Europe, we try to book a tour at the beginning of each trip to get an introduction to that particular city. When I found Eddie's Fun Roma on Trip Advisor, it seemed to be everything that we were looking for. We learned after the experience that it was quite misleading and left us having to spend an additional full day of our vacation making up for lost time.

We chose the "Eddie Day" tour ("voted best Rome in 1 day tour") which costed us 240 Euro (equivalent to $311) for both of us to join the tour group. My first reaction was, "Wow, this is expensive", but I figured it would be worth it considering it was 7 full hrs of sightseeing. According to the description, we were supposed to have a one-on-one tour with two tour guides. Upon our arrival to Eddie's Fun Office, we were asked if we minded if three other ladies could join us. We didn't necessarily mind, but this is the first example of misleading information. Next, the online itinerary promises a "quick Italian breakfast at a typical pasticceria" (This did not happen) as well as sights visited to include "Colosseum, Circus Maximus, San Giovanni, magical keyhole of the Botanical Gardens, Largo Argentina (Julius Ceaser) and more" but we only had time for two of those sights: The Colosseum and Circus Maximus that were fairly close to each other. From Circus Maximus, we boarded a train which took us to a town called Marino.

The town of Marino was very lovely. We walked around for a while before having lunch at a very quaint, intimate Italian restaurant. The food and wine were authentic and amazing.

Little to our knowledge, we spent the entire rest of the afternoon in Marino. This was disappointing because we were only able to see two sights in Rome...how is this voted the best "Rome in 1 day" tour when half of the day is spent in another town?

This tour is meant for people who have already seen all of Rome and are in need of a break from the city--not for people like us who were enjoying our first full day in Rome. My husband and I both believe that the overall cost of the Eddie's Day tour should be reduced by half, and we also feel that people should be aware of the false advertising.

4  Thank JenniferNila
Edward W, Owner at Eddie's Fun Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for writing a review because your opinion is very valuable to us. It is extremely unfortunate when our clients expectations are not exceeded, as there are heavy efforts in place for direct communication with us through your Eddie's Fun account. Before every tour, the tour features are displayed through multiple channels such as, our website, Eddie's Fun client log in account, emailed confirmation, tour questionnaire, and our emailed tour overview details sent 14 business days before the tour. These notices serve as tools to eliminate any misunderstandings about our service. Our Eddie Day tour is €99 per person plus tax. We are a license agency therefore we can not discount the 21% Rome sale's tax (IVA), and €99 Euro per person for a 7hr guided tour including all our standard tour features appears to be reasonable. This tour has great press because its more than typical sightseeing of the historical museums. The first half of the tour is informative, explaining: culture, sights, food, and the people; and the second half is direct exposure in a native Italian village presenting a "close up" of the topics learned in the beginning of the tour. Our tours are always small groups of 10ppl or less and our private tours are 1 on 1 for €45 per hour. I apologize if your group didn't stop to have a quick Italian breakfast. The pace of the tour is determined by the group, as some tour groups move faster than others. Jenn thank you again for your business and if we can be of better assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.
Kindest regards,
Eddie

Reviewed 21 September 2012

What can I say about our two tour guides apart from all the best: energetic, friendly and welcoming people who enjoy their work and can confidently say, are the best in it! I was completely new to Rome with two other friends. We were a group of teens who wanted to explore Rome but at the same time enjoy it to the fullest. Well, we found the right people for that! Our buddies, Eddie and Jobe first took us for a tour around the city, visiting the Colosseum, wishing for love at the Trevi fountain as we each threw a coin, taking pictures at the Spanish Steps and finally, having a delicious Italian meal at a close-by restaurant. Later that night we went out and enjoyed a couple drinks at a few bars in the Trastevere area after which we headed on to a club where we listened to the best r'n'b and house music and where we met loads more people. An unforgettable experience for a more than acceptable price and believe me when I tell you, it was so worth every penny of it! Can't wait to go back to Rome and visit my buddies! Thank you once again Jobe and Eddie!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I recently traveled to Rome with my parents. We booked and Eddie Day tour just to get a feel for the culture and history of the city. It was our second time in Rome, so the standard mega-bus tour certainly wasn't what we were looking for - we wanted something that felt a little more unique. And we got exactly that! Jobe was our tour guide and he was personable and knowledgeable about the history of the city. At times, it felt like we were simply exploring the city with a friend, not a tour guide! Another great thing was that our group consisted of only one other couple...so it was great to get to know them and share a delcious meal together.

My parents are a bit older and they enjoyed the tour just as much as I did. When we arrived at Marino there were quite a lot of steps, but Jobe was patient and chatted with us about the town, so we didn't even have time to complain about how hard the climb up was! Days later, my parents were still talking about our fabulous guide, Jobe, and the wonderful day we had exploring the city and Marino.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I went to Rome for the first time and did the traditional tours of the Vatican, Coliseum and Ancient Rome. We used a couple of the larger commercial tour guide companies and had good experiences with them.
However, with these large commercial tour companies we felt a void because we did not get a full appreciation of the Roman culture, people, language and community. We decided to research other tour options and wanted a company that would provide a customized tour give us a pragmatic and personalized experience. Eddie's Fun Tours was referred to us and we contacted the company. Eddie, the owner and founder of the company talked with my wife and I to understand our needs.
We wanted a rich, authentic tour that would enable us to connect with the people. Eddie recommended that we visit a small town, Moreno, one hour outside of Rome. We took the local train to Moreno with Eddie and another team member. Both were knowledgeable about Roman history and culture, fluent in Italian and provided us with a memorable one day experience--the best tour we experienced---it was great. The train ride and tour enabled us to socialize with our tour guides, learn about their adaptation to Roman culture, see the countryside, engage with the community and experience the best meal we had during our stay. We will return to Italy and the first call we make will be to Eddie's Fun Tours to plan our next authentic travel and tour experience. We cannot wait to reconnect with Eddie and his amazing team to check out more hidden treasures in the country!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I took the romantic tour with Alexa and Ricardo. It was a fun filled day with special moments and unique places that I don't think we would have found on our own. Having buddies on the tour was so much fun, like having close friends in Rome. Already recommended this tour to multiple people we met in Rome, would highly recommend to anyone visiting Rome!