I Dormienti
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$733
US$443
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini marketgreat locationbasic hotelfirst floorcolosseumprosconsfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in I dormienti for 4 days, the room was wonderful the air conditioner worked very well. The bathroom suite was beautiful and the bed was comfy.
The staff were helpful and location was central.
However bed sheets and towels weren't changed and floors weren't swept or mopped.

Enjoyed our stay but could do with a clean

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We found this hostel on hostelworld.com and we are so glad we did.
Firstly, we were warned through hostel world in advance that they did not take cards. That is no bother to us, and we appreciated the heads-up.
The location is fantastic. 10 mins walk to historic sights.
The street the hostel is on, Via Urbana, is quiet and quaint. There are at least 3, non-tourist trap restaurants to try out. There is also a clothes shop to die for on the corner, go look.
Anyway, I digress. The cost of our room, private shower en-suite, was 210 euros for 3 nights. The value of this puts most other places to shame.
The staff are charming and seem to genuinely care.
Our room was bright, cleaned daily, with air-con. Some aspects are functional, so don't go expecting Egyptian cotton sheets. Saying that, the bed in the room was incredibly comfortable.

Breakfast was provided with a voucher for the local corner cafe, a great coffee and pastry. That may not be to everyone's liking but it was perfect for us. We grabbed breakfast each morning on our way out. It also took the stress out of meeting the breakfast deadline like most places enforce.
Hostel is close to Cavour Station, Exit B. This is so convenient too.

We will be going back here each time we visit Rome without doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courts_11
Reviewed 11 November 2011

About two month befores arriving at this hotel, I had emailed the hotel about cancelling the first day of me and my friend's reservation. Originally we were suppose to have 3 nights, but we wanted to change it to two. However, when we got to the hotel, it took awhile for the gentleman at the front desk to believe us. He wasn't very polite about the situation at all. He strongly believed that me and my friend were lying and that we should get charged extra. But eventually he gave in, but still throughout our stay at the hotel, he treated us with so much disrespect and in his attitude and tone. It was like he didn't feel a need to want to help us. The day before we left, we asked what was the best way to get to the airport. And he told us the only way we could get there was paying 50 euros for a personal car. But later we figured out that we could take the train, which also wasn't that far from the hotel. How strange, that he didn't even mention it. We took the train and paid so much less. It was like he lying so he could screw us over. I felt so uncomfortable staying there, knowing that this guy was working at the front desk, playing on facebook, and giving us attitude everytime we passed by the front desk. Besides that, the room was nice, I felt like I was in a nice Ikea budget apartment. It was one of my favorite rooms during my whole trip in Italy. But I would never stay at this hotel again, because that guy didn't make my stay in Rome as good as it could have been. And also I found the email that the front desk guy claims was never received about our cancellation. I think they need a better way of recording VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION such as cancellations and also working on customer service. I know it's a budget hotel, but being rude isn't acceptable anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank April D
Reviewed 7 August 2011

First of all, they don't take cards. When we came to pay in cash, the guy at the reception was all nice and talkative and fulled us not giving a receipt. They came to charge us again at the last night, when we said we have paid, the guy who took the money (on the previous night) said that we haven't paid anything. It was clear, They're scammers!!! We had to call the police and it was a big mess! I lost the money of the last night and had my whole holiday spoiled!! If I hadn't called the police or was able to speak italian I would have to pay again. I was scared and had to leave the hotel with the policeman. Never, ever, stay at this place! Horrible experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
17  Thank A_travellover_londra
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is definitely a super budget hotel and we expected it to be a real budget one. What you see outside is not what you expect inside, the rooms were clean and newly furnished. Just completely follow the instruction how to get there, its a few meters from Cavour Stn. If you are by shuttle or car be sure to bring some italian words with you to ensure you are being dropped in the correct place. Be sure the next day you will walk around the neighborhood as Termini Stn is just a few blocks away so as Colloseo. The neighborhood is so authentic Rome. Good Coffee is just downstairs. Will surely be back for a budget traveller like me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends