“Great location”

Ranked #839 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Tucson, Arizona
“Great location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This little hotel is tucked away in a hard to find location inside an old apartment building. Its a bit intimidating when you first walk in. Our room was clean and fairly comfortable although somewhat stark. The staff person on duty for our one day/night stay was borderline helpful, so this hotel is a very good value mostly for its location close to the Cavour metro station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pooh219

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room was really basic, but clean and comfortable: exactly what we expected.

The problem was the very inattentive staff - I’ve read positive commentaries about them, but dated like one year ago, I just suppose that as the business is going fine they simply don’t care anymore about guests.

First problem was at arrival: we agreed to check in at 10pm, but when we arrive at the hotel, no one was there. We called the mobile number they gave us, but it was switch off. At the end other guests open the door for us, so we could leave a note and our luggages at the reception and we went out to have some dinner.

The receptionist showed up after one hour and half - he said he “maybe forget” our arrival!!!

We payed in advance and luckily the receptionist gave us the tickets for the breakfast for the whole stay - in the next 3 days we barely see the staff (we finish toilet paper and I took myself a new one from the aisle locket: it was a completely self service hotel)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank AlessandraBLL

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Coventry
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is simple, clean and good value accommodation in the centre of Rome. The hotel is situated on a street with lots of atmosphere, interesting little shops and cafes and food outlets. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast (coffee and a croisoint) was by way of a voucher for the nice cafe next door. The hotel is situated on the first floor of an apartment building a very short walk from a metro station and a 15 min walk from one of the main station where the express train or coach drops you from the airport. .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with this place. Guys that run it are very nice and helpful. I had a bit of a hard time finding it at first because it was very late at night and I was not familiar with the area so I called the place and one of them came out to meet me in the rain and helped me with my heavy bag, which was very nice.
Place is immaculately clean. It is basic but has everything you need for good stay, no curfew you get the key and come and go as you please.
It is located to a walking distance to all major attractions, 30 minutes walk to Termini Station, about 20 minutes to Coliseum and a few blocks from a metro station. I didn't even take metro, just walked everywhere.
You get a breakfast voucher for a coffee and croissant at the cafe downstairs, delish.
I will definitely stay here once in Rome again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very good location, close to Colosseum and metro station on a nice street full of nice restaurants as well.
Staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. They let us use the phone on making reservation to Borgese.
Rooms were clean and it had daily keeping everyday and they change sheets every 3 day.
overall it was nicer than what we expected, also they give you breakfast tickets in the nice illy cafe below which is valid for a croissant and coffee of your choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ElcinKisacik
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great location close to the Colleseum and to the main train station. Perfect for exploring. Clean room, modern decor. Very friendly staff and helpful. Breakfast is served in a cafe just below would wwas great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Emilia K
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Location was perfect, walking distance to Colosseum and many other tourist sights. Also very close to a Metro station, various bus stops, and train station. Rooms were interesting with modern amenities and furniture, good views, classic roman cobblestone street. Great value considering the location. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple